Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

What Body lift should i get?

I've got a used body lift for sale. It has all the parts its still in the origional box. I bought it from a guy that only had it on his explorer for about 6 months. I never put it on mine. Ryan
  2. R

93 explorer won't crank

theres a wiring harness that runs on the drivers side (under the hood) and somtimes comes in contact with the exhaust manifold which in turn melts the wires causing it to ground out. this problem haunted me forever. Mine would just ramdomly do it. It would start fine for a while then I...
  3. R

rough country lift

I believe the only lifts avaliable for your truck are Superlift and Trailmaster. Actually RCD has one too.
  4. R

rough country lift

will not work. wrong suspension
  5. R

How much?

I just sold my 94 with 7.5 inch lift superunner steering 32's great interior ran perfect no mechanical problems. needed new rear tires I sold it for $2000. JammingG4jim just sold his 94 Eddie bauer for $2500 and he had same lift 33's 4.56's locked front and rear....tons more He had...
  6. R

Super Swamper Blem Specials!

Anyone know if there is an updated or new link for these tires? or was it just a one time thing? There Was some good deals on here. Ryan
  7. R

need Quick Front 4WD help

funny you say that cause I can feel the noise in the floorboard
  8. R

No in 2WD while driving down the road. I havnt run it down the street in 4WD I guess I could try that and see if it still makes noise Tires would make this noise would they?
  9. R

I just had that axel shaft out and the mechanic said it (u-joint) was good. he was the one trying to help me find the noise, we replaced the bearing in the spindle and thought that would get rid of it. but it still there.
  10. R

The noise is a ocelating. whirrrrrrring type noise that increases and decreases with speed. I thought it was the wheelbearing (I usually replace them about twice a year) but I replaced them along with the races and still made the same noise. Ball joints, tie rods, RA bushings are all good...
  11. R

94 explorer mile marker lockouts. truck is in the driveway in park, hubs unlocked. I crawl under I turn the front driveshaft with ease, I can see the driver side axel shaft spinning, the passanger side shaft does not move. I reach over and turn the axel shaft by hand with some...
  12. R

melting wires when starting

anyone know what would cause my wires to start melting and blow fuses when I try to start my truck? it started about a year ago. all of a sudden my truck wouldnt start. I'd turn the key and nothing. battery was good starter was good solonoid was good. then I found two wires under the dash...
  13. R

anyone in minnesota up for a trail run

Apparently There is a place down by Northfield, talk to Gage on this sight hes been there and has some pics on his gallery too. I went with jim to this place in Turtle lake that was that was pretty good, thats where he rolled his explorer. Ive also heard of a place off of Black Dog road in...
  14. R

anyone in minnesota up for a trail run

i'd be willin, and eventhough Jamming4jim Is rollin in a sweet lifted jeep im sure he'd be willin Ryan
  15. R

2wd Extened RA's on A 4WD

ya there was a little scarcasm, and youve helped me out plenty now and in the past. But its true I just run out of Ideas on how to switch words around or which combo's to use without commin up with 1000 post. Again thanks for the help Ryan
  16. R

Thanks, I guess I just dont have the search skills you do. I havent reached the "searchmaster" level. but maybe one day Ryan
  17. R

of course
  18. R

Will the extended RA's for a 2wd work on a 4wd?
  19. R

what kind of gas milage is your 91-94 getting???

94 4x4 3.73 32's 12mpg in town and 14-16mpg on freeway
  20. R

front end noise

Thanks, im buyin new tires this week. BFG All terrains. I think they are a better tire anyways Ryan
  21. R

Extended RA Question

The only thing im asking is where I might be able to order a set of spings. The main reason is so I can get rid of the f150 spacer. Ryan
  22. R

Extended RA Question

well technically i already have 7.5 so im actually looking to loose a half inch
  23. R

Extended RA Question

if im looking for say a 7 inch lift spring with a softer rate what # should I look for....I know nothing about spring rate Ryan
  24. R

Howling/lub lub sound coming from front above 20-25 mph? 96 awd

mine is doing the exact same thing...but mine is a 94. Ive replaced the wheel bearings rotated tires diff is tight u joints are good....Im gettin sick of it. Im starting to belive that its the tires they are 5 or 6 years old tread is gettin uneven and has some dry rot looking cracks inbetween...
  25. R

front end noise

I have lockout hubs. I drove it down the street and my buddy watched and said the D-shaft and the axel shafts werent moving. Ill double check that. thanks for the info so far Ryan
Back