Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Calipers: Single or Dual Pistons?

Changed our brakes today.. dual front, single rear. :thumbsup:
  2. J

Where is the IAC valve?

Try this pic, it's from a 91-99 so it may not be what you need. Just a try for ya. I couldn't find one for a 00+
  3. J

Power door lock problem

I haven't messed with it but it works ( most of the time ) now. My line of thought is that since it's warmed up here in NW PA whatever that was sticking is affected by temperature. I would think that it's something in the lock actuator. But I have no scientific conclusion to the subject. If/when...
  4. J

Glass mounting questions...

No problem! It's a easy half hour job with a beer break mixed in. :D
  5. J

Glass mounting questions...

They are held in by the studs and nuts that go thru the pinchweld of the body. To R&R the window all you do is remove the nuts and from the inside you *should* be able to push it off the body. Have somebody on the outside to keep it from falling. The factory uses a butyl sealer to seal the glass...
  6. J

how many CFM needed to cool 5.0?

I don't know how well it will work in a truck or offroad environment but in my mustang I have the following: Aluminum howe radiator Black magic electric fan Meziere electric water pump 180* t-stat My 306 has never got above 185 while driving around town in traffic or out beating on it.
  7. J

Power door lock problem

Yeah ours used to unlock all the doors if you double click the remote button. If you watch the interior lock leaver ( on the pass door ) when you press the unlock button ( on the drivers door ) it kinda attempts to go to the unlock position but returns to the lock position.
  8. J

Mustang Help...

Of all the forums I'm on, including multiple mustang specific forums. This is the first I've heard of it. I'll keep a look out for any info.
  9. J

Power door lock problem

Ok, recently our passenger side power door lock will not unlock when the button is pushed on the remote. Same is true if you hit the unlock button on the drivers door panel. Is there some actuator or something that has failed? Anyone ever have such a problem? Thanks!
  10. J

Lightning wheels...

Dang it! Thanks for the info
  11. J

Lightning wheels...

Will 01 lightning wheels fit a 02 explorer? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/2000TJunk/lightningwheel.jpg Thanks!
  12. J

Replacement speakers.......

Thanks! I have a little sub and a 300w Pioneer amp already to put in it. This is for the little womans ride so I want it to sound decent. Like I said, nothing crazy though. :D
  13. J

Replacement speakers.......

What will fit and where? I'm not looking to do anything super crazy, just get a little better sound. Thanks!
  14. J

1965 Convertable Mustang

Wow thats nice! :thumbsup:
  15. J

Tire Opinions for Mustang GT

I'm partial to BFG Drag radials but they don't go that great in the rain. ;) I see BFG makes a G-Force sport tire. May be worth a look.
  16. J

Opinions on potential purchase (5.0 Stang)

I'll add my .02 worth....... It's old and reasonably cheap. Paint can come later. Holes are a big deal, faded paint, no biggie. Upgrade to lakewood 70/30 struts and 50/50 shocks. Ditch the quad shocks. Get a set of south side bars. Eibach springs all around and you'll be happy...
  17. J

Best stang forum?

I frequent www.stangbangerz.com it was started by a guy from Cincinatti, mostly locals on there. Good group of guys though. I also spend alot of time on www.hardcore50.com it's more of a drag racing site, alot of good no BS tech on there. You won't see many "what CIA should I run?" or "why are...
  18. J

leaky roof

Well here are a few things I'd check... Has the windshield ever been replaced? Does the vehicle have a luggage rack on the roof? Is the third brake light on the gate or on the body?
  19. J

Our 02...bone stock

Yep, straight from autozoo. No the fronts are not tinted, must be a reflection in the pic or something? Thanks!
  20. J

Newb.....

Thanks! Cincy in the house!! Check this out, I know a bunch of folk down your way.
  21. J

Newb.....

Thanks, the previous owner changed the original black paint to the purple. For what reason I have no idea but, it grows on ya. ;) Engine specs: DSS racing pro bullet 306 DSS prolite forged 10:1 pistons DSS aluminum connecting rods DSS main support system (main girdle) DSS pro windage...
  22. J

Newb.....

Here ya go Gents ***is there a size limit on pics? Is that one too big? Here are a few more. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/2000TJunk/misc2004.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/2000TJunk/misc2009.jpg...
  23. J

Our 02...bone stock

Thanks! We had the "chrome" pin stripes removed today. They were a bit much. :D
  24. J

Newb.....

Thanks for the welcome! I have a 85 Mustang :thumbsup: Wanna see a pic? I'm a pic ***** LOL
  25. J

Our 02...bone stock

Here it is, our new grocery getter :D
Back