Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

2006 Explorer Console Disassembly Procedure

I am thinking of getting the Avh-p3200dvd for my 2006 XLT. Are you still pleased with it? Did you get a back up camera for it? Do you have any pictures?
  2. C

P0457, P1433, Evap/Gas Cap Leak

Fuel Filler Neck suspect for evap leak Sorry for the delayed follow-up. The replaced filler neck with cracked plastic and likely corrosion leak stopped the check engine light coming on again. So, for any that have this light or code, check this and if as old as mine, it is a likely suspect...
  3. C

Adding daytime running lights?

I asked about the 2006 XLT I am purchasing and was told that on this vehicle it didn't have the option within the computer. I was told that the vehicle's computer would have to be replaced with one that offered that option. Approximate cost for a computer was $500+. It was not a matter of...
  4. C

P0457, P1433, Evap/Gas Cap Leak

Fuel Filler Neck suspect I have been trying to solve mine for over a year on my 1999 XLT AWD with 145,000 miles. Replaced gas cap with a Ford OEM about a year ago. Still getting occasional MIL through the year. Last week I noticed the plastic insert in the fuel filler neck (xl2z-9034-ca)...
  5. C

Need Ignition Switch replacement instructions

No reprogramming was necessary.
  6. C

Need Ignition Switch replacement instructions

I have a 99 Explorer XLT and need to know what steps are involved if any with reprogramming the orignial keys to a new ignition switch. The physical replacement of the switch I have instructions for. I need just to verify the key programming steps if any. Thanks.
  7. C

1999 Explorer shuts-off while driving

Now the radio changes from FM1 preselects to FM2 preselects while ignition is in ACC. It was a rainy day and later on the way home the vehicle had the erradic gauge behaviour and going into neutral. It looks like this vehicle problem, not radio, is water related. Any thoughts?
  8. C

The recall must have been done at least as far as installing the easily accessed resister wire harness. Can't tell if the GEM got replaced which is behind the instrument panel and would take some effort by the technician. I see the resister, can't tell if the GEM has been replaced and I am...
  9. C

starting issues.

One advantage to a delayed start is that oil can move around before it runs. I wish mine did delay for a few seconds. As it is said (even by those click and clack guys), most engine damage is done at start-up due to oil not getting up from the pan to all those vital areas.
  10. C

Oxygen Sensor

I just replaced mine and learned from a good source that the O2 sensors are located upstream from the catalytic converters and the two downstream are O2 monitors. I had been given the same diagnosis based on a 'check engine' light that came on a few weeks ago. Yeah, it was $124 for the two and...
  11. C

Well the latest is that the battery was not at fault, as the Exp shut down again with the battery from the Windstar. Thanks to those that offered that suggestion. I did replace the two O2 sensors upstream from the catalytic converter as the dealer said that they had generated a check engine...
  12. C

Dealer said there are no recalls related to wipers on my 99 Exp XLT.
  13. C

The 'Theft' light started flashing while driving the night that the first crazy gauge experience occurred. I'm starting to think the Theft System maybe shutting the vehicle down. I just put a new battery in my wife's 2001 Windstar. I'll switch batteries to see if can eliminate the...
  14. C

On another message forum an internal battery short was suggested as the possible cause. Any thoughts to that?
  15. C

I am trying to diagnose a problem that the dealer cannot find as it is intermiitant and is not being captured by the OBD II system. While driving, including decelerating, the gauges go to their limits with other dash lights (air bag, check engine, 4WD, etc.) light up followed by the engine...
Back