Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

groundforce springs???

the ground force spring instructions are missing several steps. The missing instructions would lead you to believe that they can't be removed w/out compressing them first. you're better off taking it somewhere else!
  2. W

Ground Force lowering springs

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150646
  3. W

need help w/ installing rear springs ....

Front = 29600 @ $40.97ea Rear = 29700 @ $15.54ea prices are for special order at pep boys. one kit required per wheel. total for all 4 came to $122.34 after taxes. The front took 30-45 per side. the rear only took 10-15 minutes. I measured camber before and after the drop so I knew I...
  4. W

Another critical step missing in the GF instructions ... I also had to remove the bolt that connected the spindle to the lower control arm. the spindle was hanging by the upper control arm and still connected to the axles. this allowed the lower control arm to drop even more so that the...
  5. W

New 06' taillights question???????

not w/out modifications ... http://forums.##############/index.php?showtopic=6189
  6. W

anybody have any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Did I miss something?
  7. W

Who can "chirp" their wheels?

you've got 20" wheels! that's a lot of rotational mass and a large contact patch to try to chirp em from a stop w/ an auto.
  8. W

anyone have any ideas?!?! here's before and after photos ... obviously w/ just front springs since im here asking for help on removing the rear! I measured a 2" drop and an additional -1* of camber. for some reason my wife, thought I said it would only be a 1" drop.
  9. W

got the front on fine after I figured out that the instructions included by Ground Force was missing a step (unlink the sway bar from the lca). anyway, now I'm having problems w/ the rear. I unlinked the sway bar, unbolted the top and bottom of the strut, but I still can't get enough clearance...
  10. W

Time for a new car Chevy vs Ford Vs Toyota... soory too long ;-)

mom owns an envoy and 2 friends have trailblazers ... the AC has broken several times on each. each has also had other problems.
  11. W

LED Puddle Light Tutorial Now Online

are those 5mm or 10mm LEDs? either way, these are easily available on ebay from hong kong. thanks for the info! I might give this a shot in a month or so. I was thinking maybe making it 6x18 to keep it all one piece and then trim the last few rows to make the wedge to fit the socket. did you...
  12. W

clear corners

you might want to include a link to your cardomain site ... dpreview.com to find a good digicam replacement. cameraphones suck!
  13. W

clear corners

to post pics, host them somewhere on the web. if you don't have a way to host the images. you can use mustangmods.com for free. the site is run by a friend of mine that runs fordpower.net. once the pics are uploaded, use the image tags to add the image to your post. the following example uses (...
  14. W

clear corners

pimp03, post similar pics of your ride or just the corners so others interested won't have to look very far to see the difference.
  15. W

MAC cat-back: good or bad?

MAC products are $hit. They will be covered in rust w/in one year. don't buy any exhaust that isnt stainless steel. id go w/ the stainless gibson.
  16. W

Performance Chips where can i get one?

most common .... http://www.sctflash.com/xc2.php http://www.diablosport.com/FordappsPage.php http://www.hypertech.com/products.html
  17. W

clear corners

to each, their own ... the clear part is clear, and the reflector is white instead of orange. other than the orange missing, they are identical to the US OEM corner lamps (indentions, visible patterns, etc).
  18. W

clear corners

for anyone that wants the aussie corners, if you get a ticket for not having the reflector, it is not a moving violation so it wont hurt your insurance. most cops dont mess w/ accessory fines since they usually get thrown out when the person takes a picture of the vehicle /w the accessory...
  19. W

clear corners

but @ $30 a set, you can buy 3-4 pair for the same cost and look every 2 years. after 6-8 years, even those $115 lenses will look yellowed. lens renew is $35 and can fix either lens after they yellow.
  20. W

Air Intake Mod

well, not good. the 04 maf is smaller than the 05 so the filter adapter doesnt bolt to the 04 maf. ill have to think of something else.
  21. W

05 camber adjustment and bump stops

33 views and not a single response! .... there has got to be someone here that has lowered an 05 w/ the GF kit.
  22. W

05 camber adjustment and bump stops

I just got my ground force springs for my 05 EB and have a few questions ... 1) What is needed to correct camber? 2) Do the stock bump stops need to be chopped? I installed caster camber plates in my mustang when I dropped it to correct negative camber. I've seen several products that do...
  23. W

clear corners

TX state law requires a reflector on the front of the vehicle (color unspecified :) ) and amber corner lamps. if you want clear bulbs but want to be legal, chekout sylvania silverstar 3157A bulbs ... amber when lit, silver when not. check w/ your states laws for reflector and lighting...
  24. W

Air Intake Mod

guess I'll find out. bought a 01-04 maf on ebay for $20. I may just use my sensor to be safe, but everything should bolt together fine. I'll probably post pics next weekend.
  25. W

Chrome or polished?

chrome = shiny, curb rash will really mess them up polish = shiny but dull easier than chrome, hard work required to regain shine, easily fixed if damaged. polish w/ clearcoat = shiny, dont dull like the non-clearcoated wheels, fixable if damaged, clear coat can be chipped ive had all and...
Back