Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Mutineer

Getting closer to starting this thing. man life gets in the way sometimes...lol

Getting closer to starting this thing. man life gets in the way sometimes...lol
  2. Mutineer

MUTINEER II: New Project Yet to be Named

Yes it has the SOHC... but could be the manufacture date puts it as a 97... it’s titled as a 96...
  3. Mutineer

I don't consider myself an EXPERT anything. I learned from every time I ever turned a wrench, ESPECIALLY the projects I have done. So i am going to approach this carefully and ask questions before I start. I have been reading all the threads about this issue. The last thing I want to start is...
  4. Mutineer

New to the forum and looking for help/advice

I know EXACTLY what you mean. If you’re out there doing it, it’s camping :-)
  5. Mutineer

Explorers Little Sister Turning Off When Shifting

Neutral Safety Switch perhaps? that circuit is used by the Aftermarket Remote Start... could be a contact in the shift mechanism or the neutral switch itself is jacked up... hard to say without seeing how its wired up and what its actually doing. Disconnecting the remote start and still having...
  6. Mutineer

New to the forum and looking for help/advice

My Mountaineer (before I got ahold of it in the shop...lol) was an awesome towing rig. It was a 1998 AWD and had the 5.0L. Used it in the mountains in El Paso area and North Alabama Hills after that. it has the power, but as mentioned before the size of the trailer is the kicker. If you don't...
  7. Mutineer

One job out of the way, 2 more and the explorer is under the knife.

One job out of the way, 2 more and the explorer is under the knife.
  8. Mutineer

4.0 issues... need help!

Thanks!!!
  9. Mutineer

4.0 issues... need help!

Absolutely. Got a set of timing chains from Napa for a EcoBoost engine and the the timing marks (dark links)were a tooth off( on this engine that matters, no lining up dots here...lol) went took that thing apart and back together 3 times verifying everything before we figured it out. Went to...
  10. Mutineer

Right on. I got my work cut out for me. Ill keep progress up in this thread if anyone wants to follow. it'll be a slow start but once its going it cant be stopped...lol
  11. Mutineer

4.0 issues... need help!

75000 - 80000 is the rule I have always gone by. the 97 i just got has 153000 on it and its not making a sound either. Trouble is it sneaks up on you. as a preventative measure Id do it at least at 100000.
  12. Mutineer

2013 Explorer XLT Blues

As a last resort autozone.com has some of the schematics on their site. Under resources I believe. It’s been a while since I’ve been in there.
  13. Mutineer

4.0 issues... need help!

EXCELLENT. Fuel pressure regulator feeding fuel back into the vacuum system. That’s where I would start. Can wreak havoc if the vacuum lines are sucking fuel from a failed regulator/sensor
  14. Mutineer

New member.

Welcome to the forum, Pekka :thumbsup:
  15. Mutineer

Welcome. Youll find this site extremely helpful. I know I do! LOL the dog's car...
  16. Mutineer

Oil leak leads to blown motor without warning

Having been through a warranty issue both as a customer and as a Mechanic at Ford, I can tell you that Ford will not cover this and rightly so. I agree with many of the reasons stated above, on both sides. That oil light ONLY comes on if there is a lack of oil pressure. by then its too damn...
  17. Mutineer

4.0 issues... need help!

Yep. Same thing happened to the 96 Im building. just quit going down the road. Belonged to my best friend and we got it to the house, pulled off the front cover, and, KA-BLEWY! Plastic pieces everywhere. Bent 2 valves, and the truck has been sitting since 2016. but not much longer. Good luck...
  18. Mutineer

2013 Explorer XLT Blues

Peterk9, thats exactly what I was talking about. Shows the graphs and everything :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  19. Mutineer

This was Gen 1 Mutineer, Im going for something along these lines.
  20. Mutineer

2013 Explorer XLT Blues

WELCOME TO THE FORUM! I always recommend replacing them all at once, because if one goes out they are likely to nickel and dime you until you do, usually a week in between...lol. But if your code calls out a specific one do that one because they aren't that cheap, especially if they are...
  21. Mutineer

Getting back in the saddle after a few years.

Getting back in the saddle after a few years.
  22. Mutineer

So in the end it will be the white truck as a 4WD, TT, and a spring over Axle running 33's. I have all the parts to get it done, just need the time. Eventually an SAS, but lets keep it on the ground for now... BTW: This thread has some awesome info on swapping a 2WD to a 4WD: 2WD to 4WD...
  23. Mutineer

This is the body donor for the project. 1 owner, my best friend in the world. The timing chain guides when kablewey and got it for cheap, since he knew what I was doing with it. Can’t wait to get started!
  24. Mutineer

LOL the truck is a 2 owner. Have all the original papers from the first owner all the way to last year, when he sold it to his grandson. I saw pictures of it the day he sold it... it looked great. So 8 months in the hands of the grandson were ROUGH ones. Last time he drove it he had it up to the...
  25. Mutineer

Hey everyone

Welcome! Ive been a member for a long time, though inactive for a bit. This forum will be the best tool in your arsenal. These guys are awesome.
Back