Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Wiring: Alternator To Battery?

Instead of crimping you, could solder it if you have a small propane torch. I put the terminal in a vice, drop in a solder pellet and heat until it melts. Expose an inch or so of the wire and stick it in and let it cool. Or buy pre-crimped lengths of wire from any auto parts store.
  2. J

rearview mirror

black/pink = reverse indicator (shuts off autodim when put in reverse) white/blue = 12v black = ground
  3. J

a/t or m/t??

the m/t lugs might kiss a little more than the A/T, but really look at what you will be doing, weekend flings to the local mud hole might only require a/t, hardcore stuff m/t, lots of highway miles, definitely a/t.
  4. J

My new baby

Right now it has the 302, but I plan on swaping it someday for a crate 351 and lose the crappy AOD trans.
  5. J

My new baby

yeah, it is a 1977 custom w/ 300 I6 Thanks, when I get it back from paint I am going to redo the interior and put some mickey thompson challenger wheels on it. Next is a 390 punched to 410.
  6. J

My new baby

Here is a pic of my bronco, the other is of my F-100 I am restoring, it is getting painted white right now.
  7. J

Need help!!Why does 91 fullsize bronco lose oil pressure when towing?

How many miles on it, prob should use 10W instead of 15W. Is it actually overheating as in steam coming from hood or are the guages just saying it is overheating? If he hasn't put a new thermostat on it, it would be a good idea. Also, Ford's guages back then are not terribly accurate. My temp...
  8. J

RACING MUSIC

Limp Bizkit- Break Stuff, it always puts me in a good mood. Blur- Song 2, i just put that song on repeat Anything fear factory RATM- Wake UP. bulls on parade, revolver
  9. J

Lets see pics of your non-Xplorer project cars/trucks...

1977 F-100 is my project. It was an old farm truck that belonged to my great-grandfather, then grandfather, then uncle, now me. It has the original 300 I-6, 3spd auto, 9in rear end. I am taking to the body shop tomorrow morning for some work and then get a $500 paint job, I just want it the same...
  10. J

just another SAS

Hey, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the D44, and what was the original gearing. I got a 76 F100 LB that is 2wd and I want to put a solid D44 out of a 4x4. On the spring perches, when you grinded them off, are you going to bolt the new ones back on, or rivet them on.
  11. J

Those Running BFG A/Ts

The shop I buy from told me to do it every 6,000 miles, and don't you think 4,000 miles every oil change is pushing it. I do mine between 2,800 and 3,000.
  12. J

Superlift or not?

Unless you are a mud racer, rock crawlerk, or desert buggy, It will fit your needs, go for it, sounds like a decent deal.
  13. J

Stubborn Bolt

I know this isn't an Explorer, but it is still a Ford. Trying to take the bed off my 77 f-100 and one bolt won't come off, it is just spinning in the hole. I have run out of ideas to break it loose. The only options I can think of is grinding off the head or cut it with a torch. I am dumping the...
  14. J

bad alternator bearing or tensioner pulley?

I thought my alt. was going bad on my x because of strange noises, turned out sound was coming from harmonic balancer.
  15. J

X starting to rust

Rusting or rust holes? rusting ain't no thing, rust hole you might be in for some work.
  16. J

Pace Setter Headers--opinion

1 word= ****!
  17. J

Fan Clutch Whining?

Since when you first start it up it is idling high, the engine is turning at faster rpms which will make the fan spin faster, but then it idles down after a few minutes(depends upon outside temp) My bronco does that the fan whines, alt. whines and belt but after if idles down it purrs like a...
  18. J

what exhaust should i get?

I have to agree, but I am a flowmaster fan myself, increased numbers and they sound awesome.
  19. J

FAT ASS TIRES!!

This is a serious question, do you plan on doing these mods or just bombard the board with a bunch of stupid ass questions.
  20. J

Cutting out cats vs. High flow cat

I assume you have a v6 so have high flows on. If you want it very obnoxious sounding, cut them off. If you don't have emissions, don't worry about it. Everything these days seems to impact the enviornment somehow. It is illegal in all fifty states, but if you don't have checks, they have no way...
  21. J

lift is done!

pics, pics, pics
  22. J

what exhaust should i get?

Big four: Flowmaster, Borla, Magnaflow, Gibson. I have had experience mostly with the flows and also borla and they are both great mufflers.
  23. J

what should i get next?

Think, how much money you got, and what do you really want More power, cooler stance and or offroad prowness, stereo, or cosmetics. If it were me I would go dual flows, or borla, add an intake, possibly chip and you will be very satisfied. If the tires are brand new, you prob want to go ahead...
  24. J

What to do with a 351W?

You could make good power bands with either motor. An uncle of mine built a carbureated 351W with about 390 horses and 450 ft lbs, and that was on the dyno at the wheels. But I have also seen wildly built 302s with incredible numbers. If it were me I would save the 351 for the stang, you could...
  25. J

Alternateor/Voltage questions

****, you guys need to get some big alts in your vehicles, you need at least a 100 amp alt.
Back