Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Front auto lockers?

locker Hi Steelo, Mate, After our chat I just had to check this out, I couldn't resist. Hope we have answered the question and again If you have any questions pleas get in touch .Cheers Foxy
  2. F

Hi Don, hope your well and okay .We have excellent spring weather at the moment and we need some...

Hi Don, hope your well and okay .We have excellent spring weather at the moment and we need some rain badly .Anyway ,Don what is the number of the CD changer cable for the Mach radio for the Changer I know it's not the P100 but there is another but I'm not sure what it is, just off the top of...
  3. F

Hi Don ,Mate I tried to reply to our conversation but I'm having trouble with my E address .Mate...

Hi Don ,Mate I tried to reply to our conversation but I'm having trouble with my E address .Mate if you could reply using barry.fox@bigpond.com .I'll go into to my avatar and change it .Mate With the CD changer when ever your ready .and yes the plug I'm after is the half moon plug 3 pin that...
  4. F

Hi Don, Mate it's been a while .It's Barry from Australia . How are you over there ? We are in...

Hi Don, Mate it's been a while .It's Barry from Australia . How are you over there ? We are in Spring at the moment .Mate just to let you know I have changed my E Mail address it's now barry.fox@bigpond.com Don, Can direct me I need a Alternator plug with about 6" of wire .It's the 3 pin...
  5. F

radio outside of truck

People ,has anyone pulled a complete mach system including the sub from a truck and set it up in their shed ? if you have how did you do it and how did you get the connections right Cheers Foxy
  6. F

Brembo or Powerslot rotors?

Hi mates, I bought Cryo power slots with hawk pads from the US and fitted them to my Aussie Explorer .There are different types of Hawk pads .I stayed away from the drilled disc's because of cracking tendencies between the drill holes . I have the harder set of pads for the rear and the softer...
  7. F

98 SOHC - Hesitation driving me crazy! Help needed...

I forgot to tell you .The valve in the fuel line is down pretty deep in the pipe you will need a long valve remover tool to reach it be careful when removing the valve though NO ignition Cheers Foxy
  8. F

Hi Mate, I got my gauges from the US, they are GLOWSHIFT . I couldn't find a fitting for the Shrader valve at the fuel rail so I went to my local tire guy at Bridgestone and bought an extension . to fit it and the bought a 1/8NPT socket to suit the gauge .I cut the socket end off the extension...
  9. F

Hi Gilly, Mate you have the same problem I have ,but mine is a lesser degree .I'm about to replace my fuel pump with a high performance one hoping it will go some way to fixing it BUT .I have changed my filters and I have a fuel pressure gauge on the rail and it tells me there is definitely...
  10. F

fuel pressure for 1998

Guys, According to the workshop manual for a 99 mountaineer and Explorer the fuel pressure should be 65PSI plus or minus 8 PSI Cheers Foxy
  11. F

fuel G'Day Mate , Gilly Ive been having similar troubles and I about to replace the fuel pump .and access it through the rear floor instead of dropping the tank . My problem is the pressures .According to the manual it should be 65PSI plus or minus 8PSI .Mine is sitting at 48 and it fluctuates...
  12. F

What type of mods are good for my truck to get extra power?

Mate, the first thing I'd do is dump the exhaust and go 2.5" system .then a bigger maf then call James at Henson Performance .He knows what he's on about .He is terrific to work with, even out here in Australia.Cheers Foxy
  13. F

body lift bolts

Mate , I have done a 2" body lift on my EX using a kit from the US .I found I was able to use some of my OE bolts but then I went to a nut and bolt place with a sample and inner measurements to get the ones I needed beware when lifting there are some potential booby traps .On your left hand...
  14. F

Fishing Pole Holders

Mate ,in some states out here they're banned because of pedestrians, so your lucky Cheers Foxy
  15. F

Tuning with a laptop

Hi guys ,James, at Henson Performance is the guy you need to talk to .He helped me set up 3 different tunes with the SCT His patience and understanding is awesome .That is from the US to Australia .My truck runs now like it should and better before the chip recall because of the roll over...
  16. F

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

Just hit 90K on my 9/99 XLT in Australia
  17. F

Uncontrolled Reving

G'Day . Mate do you have a overheating problem as well ? I also cleaned my IAC valve but then found my thermostat was RS .I replaced it with a cooler one and it fixed it all. Cheers Foxy
  18. F

SCT tuners

Hi people . I have to say "ouch " with the cost of honing it's pretty costly out here as well but I must admit going by the seat of my pants feel I really didn't feel much difference in power when I did it but she sounded "ballsy" if nothing else . Hi Don .mate looking at those manifolds I can...
  19. F

SCT tuners

Hi guys ,All the talk about headers and such why not have your OE cast manifolds extrude honed in other words ported and flowed that's what I did with mine but I would recommend doing the head ports as well . I found the best result was dumping the 2 cats and the OE box and putting in a full...
  20. F

volume

Hi people, I haven't been here for awhile but have been watching but now I have a problem with my audio system. I have a stock head unit and cd changer with a OE sub woofer in my 9/99 SOHC for some reason I have lost most of the volume from the changer .The radio and inbuilt CD player in the...
  21. F

sluggish

Mate I love my Explorer it's one of a kind
  22. F

sluggish

Hi people, Just a note I have had my truck to my local dealer and it has come back that my fuel system is okay as to why she is missing under load it seems cylinders 123 are dropping out . They suspect and it is suspect it is the coil now here's the bad bit they want 930.00AU for a genuine Ford...
  23. F

sluggish

Whoops , Sorry guys I should have replied sooner been a bit slack that's all . Some people have suggested fuel and others electrical . She hasn't thrown any codes so that's a no go .I'm getting her checked out this Wed .Don also says its fuel and or pressure .She has been getting worse even back...
  24. F

sluggish

Some one may have an idea but I'm not sure what is happening . My girl coughs and splutters when under load at low rev's in 3rd or 4th . No code comes up but as soon as I give her a bit of throttle she drops a gear, rev's a little higher and she runs fine. Is there a problem that I'm missing...
  25. F

High Flow Cat Install question 4.0 SOHC

The only thing I didn't like was the placement of the oe cats.Out here in OZ we have only 2 o2 sensors and they are just before the cats .I up graded my system to 2 1/2 " system and put a single 3"high flo cat after the exhaust box . Yes it does sound throaty but it is one of the better mods...
Back