Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Would be nice to just tell it to download it directly to MFT via WiFi in the garage, then start the install when I'm ready.
  2. N

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Installed tonight on my 2013 XLT, took about 38 minutes. I rebooted with the reboot utility before I upgraded. I've done this with each upgrade and I've always had good results. So far so good. Seems much faster and responsive.
  3. N

Phone disconnect popup won't time out after 3.6.2 upgrade

Just to throw up something to check, is your phone the primary or "favorite", or just another one in the list of paired phones? I've noticed with 3.5.1, if it sees my wife's phone while I'm in the garage (which is the primary phone), and I leave and it finally loses connection to her phone...
  4. N

Connected to my House Wifi now what?

Right now you can't do anything with that functionality. Aparently the idea is that later releases might use the data connection or possibly have system updates via WiFi. As it stands right now, connecting it to your home WiFi doesn't get you any benefits.
  5. N

5000 RPM's going 20mph

My 2013 did the same with not shifting. Dealer applied TSB 12-10-10 update and fixed it.
  6. N

No engine bay lighting!!!

This looks fantastic. Did you use the 1.2 watt panels or a different model?
  7. N

5000 RPM's going 20mph

I wonder if the higher RPM is part of that protection mode. From Manual: If the engine reaches a preset over-temperature condition, the engine will automatically switch to alternating cylinder operation. Each disabled cylinder acts as an air pump and cools the engine. Maybe higher RPMs are...
  8. N

Transmission Misbehavin'

Took our 2013 in Wednesday AM for the shifting issue, torn door weatherstriping, misaligned hood, and a glovebox pin that was trapped by the passenger airbag (preventing access to cabin filter). I mentioned the 12-10-10 TSB. The service department had it completely done and ready to be picked...
  9. N

Transmission Misbehavin'

Brent, Has it still behaved since the PCM update? Mine has done this 3-4 more times since, and I'm planning on setting up a dealer appointment next week.
  10. N

TPMS? Do I have it?

Also keep in mind that some sensors are banded to the wheel as opposed to being part of the stem. Not sure what the Explorer uses. I have noticed that my 2013 XLT doesn't squeal about the tire pressure until its down a decent ways. If I recall the alert came up on the gauge cluster when I...
  11. N

Ford Extends Warranty on MFT - 5 Yrs Unlimited mileage

Would be nice to have some sort of official statement. There's already a thread here on the board where someone got the runaround because Ford and the dealer couldn't get the story straight about the extended coverage. IVT reps, do you have any pointers to official information on this beyond a...
  12. N

Transmission Misbehavin'

I had the same thing happen to me last night with my 2013 (9k miles). At first I thought I had accidentially put it into "M", but realized that I was still seeing the economy indicator on the dash and that I was indeed in D. I pulled over and put it into park then back into drive and...
  13. N

How to reset the Oil Monitor sensor

This YouTube video should walk you through it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccSafF5U2Gc&sns=em
  14. N

"NAV SD Card Fault"

In fact, I don't believe onscreen NAV (not the SYNC turn-by-turn) even requires a phone at all to work.
  15. N

"NAV SD Card Fault"

Your dealer is full of it. http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/phone-compatibility-sync-myford-touch#reload
  16. N

Add Me To Sync Woes List

If it is continually crashing you may have a defective component. I'd run it back to the dealer. I don't think a continuous reboot is a common issue related to software woes. It may just be bad luck (or good luck, depending on how you look at it), and you need the APIM replaced.
  17. N

New fix for sulphur smell

Lol, from the thread title thought you'd post a picture of a Toyota Highlander or something similar.
  18. N

Paint Issues - Non Hood

In the end its between you and your dealer. I'd be surprised if they could actually get you a hood from the factory. It sounds simple, but I doubt Ford has a procedure for pulling parts in the middle of assembly out of the assembly, especially the paint step. If that's what you want, stick to...
  19. N

seats discolored

I had a stubborn spot this morning that VLR wasn't budging. I tried koda2000's suggestion of Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner. It worked fantastically. I still followed up with VLR for protectant, but for really tough stuff I'm going the scrubbing bubbles route from now on. Edit: I did a...
  20. N

Power Ports not working

Check out fuses 9, 21 and 27. The layout is on page 322 of the 3rd edition manual. The panel is below and to the left of the steering wheel by the brake pedal. They are independently fused. It would be strange to have multiple blown, but its probably still worth checking.
  21. N

Replacing Seat Filters

Wow... I know its getting harder to work on the newer models, but I'm still hoping for a Haynes or Chilton manual to do basic to intermediate stuff.
  22. N

Oil Change interval

Cool. I'd love to see the UOAs, especially at 12k.
  23. N

Interior lighting quirk

Below is a link to what I'm observing. BTW, the video is probably as interesting as watching paint dry :) http://videobam.com/brgoF I tried turning the key on and had the same results.
  24. N

Oil Change interval

Did you just pull a sample or do a full change? Amsoil ought to be good for many more miles than 6,500. (unless you really meant 65,000, which is WAY too long :) )
Back