Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

intake manifold

Point made.
  2. 9

Front receiver/tow point install

Just in time. Looking at picking one of these up.. Install sounds super easy also.
  3. 9

intake manifold

WOW. the 80's and early 90's stangs with a crap intake and heads are rated at 225.
  4. 9

intake manifold

Something I can't work out, we have the best intake the best heads that ford ever made for a 302 and we only make 160ish HP. What the ______ is up with that? Now given the fact that the exhaust is the size of a straw at a few points and the cam is on the smaller side. We should still make...
  5. 9

1998 AWD explorer bad front bearings or axle?

You can get the rear joint from Ebay also about 100 bux. I would check the wheel bearings first, I got mine from ebay 40-50 buxs each.
  6. 9

97 AWD Transfer Case. Anyone Rebuilt?

Yeah if you have one of those it def isn't an AWD.
  7. 9

what about this!

I have never given this any thought till my buddy ask this question. Why not put a posi trac in the front diff? The only negative that we can come up with is harder to turn going slowly like parking. What do you guys think about it?
  8. 9

Locker

Yeah something like a detroit locker is ok for a dd I have one in my Lightning and love it.
  9. 9

A/C can recharge with guage

yeah the screw part is just used to depress the valve.
  10. 9

A/C can recharge with guage

There is only 1 type of connection for 134. The kit will work.
  11. 9

Drive shaft length 2wd v8

cool thanks and thats U-joint to U-joint (Center to Center)?
  12. 9

also a auto v6
  13. 9

bump anyone know.
  14. 9

Guys whats the drive shaft length on the 2wd v8 302 explorers? Also do thay have the same trans then 4R70? Thanks
  15. 9

My plans for a homemade roof rack

Looks good. I was thinking about making my own also. Not sure if I will yet of not.
  16. 9

Will a 06-08 Explorer Tail light will fit a 2002 Explorer?

BUMP I would like to know also........
  17. 9

Going to pick up a 4406 in the morning..

:D I have been thinking about doing this for awhile. getting the 4406 and the shifters maybe a driveshaft if thay have one.....
  18. 9

what year for the 1st 5.0l

Just get some 185 AFR's and be done with it....
  19. 9

Vehicle shuttering between 40mph-70mph, please help!

I'm just going to guess and say torque converter shutter... Mine does it some times at about a steady 45..
  20. 9

Electric 4406

yeah 97 It was done on a 97 Mountaineer. User was V8boatbuilder thanks MountaineerGreen
  21. 9

Electric 4406

I have done some looking around and can't find it. I thought that I read someone on here did the electric 4406 swap but I can't seem to find it now. Did I make up that thread or just can't find it?
  22. 9

A manual transmission behind a 5.0L?

A T5 willnot hold up to the weight of the X. You will need a T45 I think is the number and just run the engine control off of a 5.0 stang with the 5 speed. The only way I know anything about this is that some guys have dropped the E4OD for a 5speed in the Gen 1 Lightnings. And thats the...
  23. 9

'97 5.0 AWD - no 4wd

yeah my bad thats what it does...
  24. 9

'97 5.0 AWD - no 4wd

the offroad is for the air ride turn it to offroad (with the truck running) and get out and watch the wheel well gap. you should get about 2 to 3 inches of body lift.
  25. 9

will AWD Driveshaft d/c roll away?

The AWD doesn't park through the front drive shaft. If it did there would be a linkage from the shifter to the transfer case. Plus my front drive shaft is out and when I put it in park it doesn't roll away. Its locked in park. The trans locks the output shaft in park and that locks the...
Back