Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

dana 44 9 inch u joints

i have a 1987 ranger with a dana 44 and a 9 inch full width installed. I made custome length driveshafts with the shafts that came with it but im trying to find out what size u joints the truck takes. Here are photos of the rear and front axle and a photo of the transfer case which is a borg...
  2. R

302 engine hard start

I recently purchased a 1987 ford ranger with a 302 in it which is supposedly built to a 306 the engine is new. The engine has a DUI self contained ignition system i recently put in new plugs (motorcrafts) and the wires seem good. I have set the timing to 12 degrees. The carburetor is a...
  3. R

Whats needed to change gearing

First off thanks for all the responses. I was looking on car-parts alot but i figured it would be under differential axle assembly 4x4 instead of carrier assembly i found it up the road so thank you once again
  4. R

Whats needed to change gearing

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 with 100k that was hit in the front end the differential was cracked and no good. I cant seem to find another differential witihn 200 miles with 3.55 gears but the junkyard up the street from me has the front and rear differential with 3.73 ls for 100 bucks...
  5. R

dana 30 axle shaft question

the new joints i got are 2 big and cannot get the c clips in the other thing is the new shafts i got look much smaller than my new shafts and look weaker the circumfrence is different
  6. R

dana 30 axle shaft question

I am new to this forum so be easy on me please. My truck is a 1994 for explorer with a dana 30 front axle installed. I purchased the axle 2 years ago from a person online not knowing the truck it came out of. after 2 years i finally wiped out the front ujoints bad and removed the axles to...
  7. R

Before and after pics-Chop top, Atlas, SAS v8 and more!

Thats is my dream truck amazing ! :salute:
  8. R

Best stock straight axle?

ill try and find some action photos and learn how to post them soon
  9. R

Best stock straight axle?

Alost of people bash the dana 30 but i have a 94 ex with a dana 30 from a 90 cherokee i paid 75 bucks for, ordered a set of 6 inch lift springs and handmade everything else in the 3 link and i run 36" tsl swampers for 2 years now not a daily driver but i beat it just as hard or harder than...
Back