Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

chevy 63s

How did you do the drivers side? I just crawled under my 2 door and it looks a little tight with the fuel tank. Also the frame narrows just ahead of the front mount.. not sure what it looks like under a 4 door that I'm assuming you are running.
  2. W

Broken main leaf

My leaves are looking pretty sad again. Gonna start looking again for options. Do any other leaf packs swap in? Maybe Chevy or something else that is easy to locate...
  3. W

Cracked Fan First Generation Explorer

Many thanks to Josh P. I used the parts he listed successfully. I had to trim 1/2" off the fan blades (could be your mileage will vary sort of thing) but it's running cooler than I can remember even under load crawling in low range at 7200'
  4. W

Cracked Fan First Generation Explorer

My '92 is old, tired and getting hot. I'm thinking this 4.3 fan might be the ticket, anybody else install it with the same results. TIA
  5. W

Broken main leaf

My banker has shut down my plans for new springs, a friend is giving me used ranger leaves which I will do much the same with. The sad thing about this I had spare leaves to add to my pack but hadn't gotten around to upgrading it. I guess my saggy ass just got pushed to top priority.
  6. W

Broken main leaf

I broke my passenger side main leaf spring today on a forestry road. My leaves are original and very tired (flat) I can probably locate cheap used springs but am wondering if I am wasting my time to put 20 year springs into my truck. Mine is a sport so it uses 2 plus an overload. I was thinking...
  7. W

Speedometer leaking

I've been using 1/4" braided beverage tubing, its what I got lots of and have been using it for years without issue til now. I could get some rubber hose as you suggest but I would suppose it would cost similar to the bellows I posted a link to. Just hoping someone on here might be using the...
  8. W

Speedometer leaking

Okay so I replaced the vss and all seemed well til I took it out wheeling, after wheeling the leak started again. Once I got home I crawled underneath and cut my vent and heard an immediate sucking noise which told me the vent had melted yet again. This time I kept my vent short and just ran it...
  9. W

fun little on-board air project/question

I've got a home-built co2 tank set up. Basically I use a co2 tank used in pop systems at restaurants its filled to 800psi and then regulated down to 100psi to fill tires, seat beads and if need be run air tools. Post a pic of the threads on your SCBA tanks I'd bet its the same fitting used on...
  10. W

Speedometer leaking

Okay so I did some digging on rock auto so I could see pictures and interchange years. According to rock auto I have the '91 style and was sold whats listed for '92. I'll have to go and exchange it. BTW the one FR425 pictured is the style I need with an o-ring where the spring clip goes.
  11. W

Speedometer leaking

So picked one up at my local napa but it doesn't seem to be the right one, anyone know if they are different between manual and auto transmissions?
  12. W

Speedometer leaking

Thanks, this helps a lot.
  13. W

Speedometer leaking

Ok so a while back my vent for my t-case melted and became plugged, which forced atf through my speedo cable and started leaking out of my dash and onto my brake pedal. I repaired the vent and hoped the leak would stop, it hasn't. Just wondering if other people have had this issue and how they...
  14. W

Tents & camping gear-field tested reviews

I've had good luck with Eureka tents, I bought a Bike and Hike when I was about 14 and now I'm 36 and still have the same tent. I realize this isn't a review of a current tent but just thought I'd share that I've had good luck with their products and had good customer service when the cord broke...
  15. W

Winch, bumper, and receiver mount ideas

If it was me I'd ditch the hitch altogether and mount the winch nice and tight to the truck and trim the grill, bumper shroud and anything else to keep the winch flush with your existing bumper. I used to have a hidden hitch on my ranger and it was forever plowing earth with it. You could always...
  16. W

8.8 axle/driveshaft skid plate

Heres what I saw on the trail for an 8.8 This is Willy Worthy's old grand cherokee, he installed it for an issue of Fourhwheeler. It's made of 1/8" material formed in a garage using hand tools. I couldn't find the article online but I know its out there. There was a series of...
  17. W

Fog Light Switch Location???

I used an old-school dimmer switch on the floor for my fog lights and its been working great for years.
  18. W

Rear cargo storage build.

That sucks.. I'm sure you'll be happy with the supercrew though.
  19. W

Any more pics of the finished product?
  20. W

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

They are 15x8 with 3.5"s of backspacing and 33x10.5s. I liked them on my ranger but found them a little skinny in mud with a heavier explorer.
  21. W

Cracked Duff radius arm

Heres a couple pics of the cracked ears I had welded last year. Heres the new crack. I'm going to get the crack welded up, but am wondering what other guys are doing to stop the cracking? Maybe some sort of bracing?
  22. W

Cracked Duff radius arm

I've got the rod ended style duff arms and had the front end apart and noticed a new crack. Last year I noticed one around the ears and had it welded up now it seems its cracking in a new spot. Just wondering what people are doing to beef up their duff arms? Photobucket isn't allowing me to...
  23. W

Looks good, not sure about the teflon questions but I like the direction of the build so far. Post some pics as you go.
  24. W

xj, toyota, early bronco rear bumpers

After a bunch of internet searching I found out that a lot of xj rears with corners added would indeed fit a (width-wise atleast) on a first gen explorer. The one I really liked was $900 before shipping and before it was modded to fit my explorer, I thought it was too much of a gamble on...
  25. W

xj, toyota, early bronco rear bumpers

Just wondering if anyone has used any non rbv bumpers for their rear? I know guys have used xj bumpers for their front just wondering about the rear. I want a bumper with a slick tire carrier and since I'm not a fabricator I thought it may be cheaper and easier to massage one onto my explorer...
Back