Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Touch Up Paint

I just got my brand new tailight covers that I want to paint to match my truck. They want $40 to do it at the shop. Isn't there a company that makes OEM paint in a spray can? Duplicolor is the only one I know of, but they dont carry my color. Has anyone ran into this before? Thanks for any help.
  2. K

Replacing Serpentine Belt

Lifetime They aren't saying the belt will last forever, but that the parts store (Murray Discount Autoparts) will replace it for free when it needs to be replaced. Just like the old Sears Diehard batteries, buy one and every time it died you take it to Sears and get a knew one free.
  3. K

Thanks a lot for the help, I took a look and it dosnt look bad to do and I got the Goodyear Gatorback thats guarenteed for life. While I am in there should the tensioner be lubricated, I get a squiek out of it every once in a while when it is damp out. Or should the new belt take care of it?
  4. K

My dealer told me I needed to replace my serpentine belt and it would cost $75 to have it done. I told them not to so I could take a look and get prices. I haven't had time to look at it but, was woundering if anyone has done this on there own and how hard/easy it was. And also what I should...
  5. K

Front End Noise!

My '97 Explorer is making a "thunking" type noise. It is coming from the front passenger side wheel area. Everything seems tight in the suspension and the sway bar ends are fine as are the ball joints. The dealer and I checked these out. There is no play in the wheel when it is lifted off the...
  6. K

Here are some pictures of my 98 Eddie Bauer 4x4

Nice truck! What type of exhaust do you have? I really like the duals!
  7. K

TRAILS IN OR CLOSE TO OHIO?!

Tom we are up in Bay Village. Wounderful winter we have had this year. I did some digging around and found a few trails in southern Ohio, but they look more like mud holes, not trails.
  8. K

TRAILS IN OR CLOSE TO OHIO?!

I was woundering if there are any off road trails in or around Ohio? Or maybe in Michigan, thinking about going to the U.P. this summer.I would be interested in mild trails, my truck is stock and the wife isn't crazy about the idea. But I would like to try it out. Thanks for any input.
  9. K

Foglights Only!

Thanks Jeff, have to give it a try if it ever warms up here.
  10. K

New recall on 4.0 SOHC Engine

I took mine in for the tensioners and intake manifold updates under the 00M12 program. Does anyone know if they should be replacing both tensioners? My service manager told me they are only having problems with the left one and that is the only one they would replace. I would have thought they...
  11. K

98 SOHC Detonation

2001EXPSPORT Thanks for all the info on the 00M12 program. I had one of my tensioners replaced last April and had to pay a deductable since it was off warranty. I printed out your letter and went to my Ford dealership this past weekend. They are giving me a full refund and replacing both...
  12. K

Foglights Only!

On my 97, the only way to turn on the original foglights, is to have the headlights on. Does anyone know if the foglights can be used with out the headlamps being on. Thanks for any help.
  13. K

How can I make my explorer horny?

My wife had an old Cadilac and they have great horns. Sounds like a Mac truck coming. I wanted to take it off the car before we sold it but didn't, wish I did now! You can probably get a Cady horn at the bone yard.
  14. K

CD Changer Location?

Hey, thanks alot. The velcro is a great idea. I am having it installed this weekend and wanted some ideas before I dropped it off. We do a lot of camping and didn't want to give up hauling space for tunes.
  15. K

CD Changer Location?

Thanks Kola, I haven't thought about under the dash. I will have to take a look to see if it fits.
  16. K

CD Changer Location?

I am getting a CD changer for my '97 Explorer and I don't want to install it in the center arm rest or in the cargo area. The only other place I can think of is under the back seat. But, will this let me fold them down if needed? Does anyone have sugestions where to locate it?
Back