Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. John_Rock

Help pls

1. Its a truck. 2. A Sport is a very short wheelbased truck. My 4 door Explorer Limited rides rougher than my 4 door Sport Trac. The Sport Trac has the longest wheelbase of all the Explorer models.
  2. John_Rock

Corkey's Registry

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  3. John_Rock

Difference between Sport/ Sport Trac Grille?

And you are welcome to slap ncranchero if you do find a difference. :D
  4. John_Rock

Deteriorated Body Mounts

I don't think they are the same part #'s. But the thought had crossed my mind to try something like that. It doesn't make any sense and does piss me off that both my trucks are the same age. One with the deteriorating bushings and one with perfectly fine bushings.
  5. John_Rock

Deteriorated Body Mounts

Get a 13mm Hex Key wrench(Allen wrench). It fits in the bottom mount and will help keep it from turning when you are turning the bolt up above inside the cab. Don't stick the two body bushings together like I did in the photo above. There are little tabs inside that interlock the two pieces...
  6. John_Rock

Body lift install thoughts

When I did my body lift in 2002 I had borrowed a big channel lock wrench from a neighbor and had my tiny wife(no ex-wife) underneath the truck trying to hold those damned things in place while I turned the nut from inside the cab. What a pita that was. What a trooper my wife was for helping me...
  7. John_Rock

You can't tell by looking at it, but the bottom body mount hole is a 13mm allen wrench hole. PS: I only learned that fact a couple of months ago.
  8. John_Rock

Are you doing just a body lift? Or are you doing body lift and replacing rotting body bushings?
  9. John_Rock

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

That's Chad's ST in those pictures, not mine. I was just posting them here since I saw them on another thread he had going.
  10. John_Rock

Something to watch for... The A/C line that goes underneath the harmonic balancer... http://www.explorerforum.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=41046 I personally never liked dropping the radiator 3 inches. So I just cutoff the fan shroud side tabs that help hold it in place and rotated...
  11. John_Rock

Happy New Year

Happy New Years ST Owners!
  12. John_Rock

01-05 Sport Trac FAQs

The steering wheel is still there in front of the seat.
  13. John_Rock

Dr. Jack

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  14. John_Rock

Jen's 03 Sport

Happy Birthday Jen! :party::chug::chug:
  15. John_Rock

01-05 Sport Trac FAQs

Here's a couple of pics from changing the heater core on my 2000 Limited. It would be the same for the Sport Trac. It's really a sucky job to do.
  16. John_Rock

Texas EF members meet and greet

Not for a while. :(
  17. John_Rock

01-05 Sport Trac FAQs

Here's the Superlift skidplate. This is from a Sport Trac at SEMA 10 years ago(year 2000). But it is designed to attached to their cross beams. The Superlift lift is not designed for hard core offroading. Me and other members here on EF have found out the hard way. Their brackets will...
  18. John_Rock

01-05 Sport Trac FAQs

You can see the one I put on my ST that's made for the Rangers. And you can see its just thin metal and got beat up on my truck.
  19. John_Rock

01-05 Sport Trac FAQs

The Superlift skidplate might be the one that goes with their lift kit. I used to have the one for Rangers on my truck. But, it's more for looks than protection.
  20. John_Rock

Corkey, that's not my Sport Trac. That belongs to my friend Chris. He gave me a ride home last night. And as reapereviltwin said, I left my Sport Trac at my cousin's house up North of me. It was great to meet everyone and hang out for a little bit.
  21. John_Rock

Sport Trac SOA conversion question

I have the warrior shackles with my SOA. It's up to you if you want to do it or not.
  22. John_Rock

Locker application

My truck came from the factory with 4.10 gears. But, like Johnny stated, it would be better with 4.56 or 4.88 gears.
  23. John_Rock

I was on my way home from vacationing in Arizona. I was on I-20 in Ft. Worth. It was just before 10:30am. And the axle shaft sheared off at the axle nut. Without that, the wheel bearing comes apart. And the wheel/tire, brake rotor, and brake caliper go flying off the truck. I then skidded...
  24. John_Rock

Well, Kris and reapereviltwin already know my fate from yesterday...
Back