Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

four low doesn't work

I ahd same problem a while back, turned out part of the gear on the actuator motor broke, so it could only go into 4-high.
  2. T

A Few Problems I need help with!

alright guys I am going to fly under there and see if everything is alright with the teeth, thanks for the input! No one suggests a good battery?!?! come on people!
  3. T

A Few Problems I need help with!

First on my list of problems is: When I goto start my truck it makings this horrible SCREEEEECVCHGHGH!~!! but not turning over. Someone else had this problem and I believe it to be a battery/battery cable problem. I bought cable today and getting a new battery tomorrow. I need some...
  4. T

1993 Aerostar clunking.

well after a closer inpestion, the bottom shock mount has broken! well at least the stud, I wanna yell at ford so much because they made it so the bolts are mounted into the arm, rather then just being through it. thanks for replying.
  5. T

1993 Aerostar clunking.

My mom has been hearing some clunking in the front passenger side of her van, its like a clunking noise, and sounds pretty nasty. I heard it and can seem to come to a conclusion, Could it be the bushings holding the front suspension? or something else? I am totally lsot when it comes to...
  6. T

4.0 power loss?

is it possible to buy one of these pumps? I hate mechanics.... lol
  7. T

4.0 power loss?

on further examination... I have been experiencing coolant loss, and about 1 quart of oil a week consumption. hmm weird. I take off oil filler cap only to find my fears conformed... milky tan substance. I need a new engine right? cause I got NO money, nothing and I need this car for...
  8. T

ld50 Explorer mods revisited

well I jsut read through all 9 pages and must say, your post rocks! very detailed an thorogh, wish my rig wasn't so damn rusty.... otherwise Iw ould do more to her. oh well....
  9. T

4.0 power loss?

finally got all those bolts off after 2 broken drills, and 1 broke bolt extractor :( I discovered the #2 to be VERY VERY drity, with black buildup inside the connector on the coil itself, so this might be the problem after all! Sean
  10. T

4.0 power loss?

lol expo, well I went out and bought a coilpack to start with. dam t-bolts are alls tripped now I gotta get a screw extoractor. Whats this fuel pressure regularot ru speak of, hard ot replace? Thanks Sean
  11. T

4.0 power loss?

coil pack huh? never thought of that how much are they?
  12. T

Clunk front end

ok I have the symptoms of bad radius arm bushings, but before u flame me for posting somethign this popular hear me out. when I bought the truck the radius arm bushings were replaced 2 years ago, would they wear out so quick? This cluckning happens over minor bumps and is starting to worry me...
  13. T

4.0 power loss?

This maybe sorta long but please bear with me. My engine started hesitating about a year ago, hit the gas and no acceleration for a second or so, I thought it was the clutch skipping cause thats what it felt like. I Threw in a Centerforce dual friction (which I love) and it still was there. I...
  14. T

Stripped Pinch Bolt!

haha nnice option. I thought about this, then realized he went to prison for a number of years of murder :eek: So I am not going to be in contact with him any long.
  15. T

Stripped Pinch Bolt!

I am freaking out here. Alright, I didn't want to mess with installing ball joints, so I had my moms friend install them for me for $100. Didn't seem so bad I guess, but here is the kicker I go to the alignment shop, and I get called out to the shop, and the guys says "who ever did this...
  16. T

Broken lock! help!

.. good idea but after looking at it, I am not sur eif I could reattach it to the lock cylinder... I will go anyways to my local picka part adn see what I can get.
  17. T

Broken lock! help!

at college a couple days ago I locked my keys in my car, no problem I think... go to get my magnetic key holder. ITS GONE! (must of fallen off then I hit the fire hyrdrant) I get campus security to come help me out, I sign a waiver. She breaks out the slim jim pops it and I am in...
  18. T

lift kit interchangeable?

bump NO! ONE???
  19. T

lift kit interchangeable?

my friend jsut aquired a rolled 1989 ford ranger. I was wondering if that 4inch lift on this truck would fit mine (suspension) un sure of brand... thanks
  20. T

To Centerforce or not??

Couple months ago I also installed the Centerforce Dual Friction clutch on my 1991 Ford explorer xl. It grabs, makes the pedal slightly heavier. So far it has worked great. my friends and I did the install replaced pilot bearing, throwout bearing, slave cylinder. (the throwout comes on...
  21. T

Pics of Early Stages of 91-94 X with Painted Grill

looks nice but you shouldn't of painted over the ford EMBLEM! sp?
  22. T

field romping gone bad...

lol learned somthing new! but that stem in the middle didn't break at any flange, lol that sucker just got RIPPED in 2!
  23. T

first off they were very rusty, so they blendid in with the hood high grass. Thank GOD! that the thing was out of commission, or I would be SOL. but it is pretty funny now that I look at it
  24. T

Well after getting my rancho 9000's on and my clutch in, and a new fuel filter I asked my friend to go do some light offroading with me, We call it "the holding point" its were semi's load and unload stuff, but there is a huhe field there thats like 1 mile long. So I am driving around the...
  25. T

That Damn 4x4 Flashing light problem...

if that doesn't work read this over. Dead Link Removed
Back