Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

step bars

Any body know of some good step bars or something like that for a 99xlt?
  2. D

luggage rack rail screws

Tnx for the info, will try the pb blaster I guess.
  3. D

luggage rack rail screws

Tried to remove luggage rack rails, but can't get the phillips head screws to budge. Any help, would like to take them off and repaint them.
  4. D

where is the horn

Tnx for info people, even my service manual didn't show it!
  5. D

where is the horn

I have 99 explorer xlt, wife hit a light pole at 3 mph! drivers side bumper caved in,took part of the grill,turn lght lens, broke the headlight posts so had to duct tape it up to aline it and crumpled the divers side front fender. Horn didn't work, fuse blown. Put in another fuse,tried...
  6. D

Tranny slipping in reverse

Got it back last Thursday, seems good to go now! Tranny guy said there was a crack in some case, can't remember the name but it was for reverse, works good and no waiting for reverse 1-2 seconds. No charge for the work because it was under his warranty!:
  7. D

5r55e tranny slippage Yes, had the vehicle on level surface, engine running in park and was about an inch over full. What other issues does an overfull tranny have if any? Can you be specific if you can? Called the man up today and told him it was overfull by how much, and he said it...
  8. D

Had my tranny the 5r55e rebuilt may 2006 reverse went out, may 2007 reverse went out again! It had pin break off for reverse WAS REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY Three weeks later now tranny is slow about 1-2 seconds to engauage into reverse and is starting to slip if I give it a little to much...
  9. D

No Reverse

I was backing up my driveway, it almost felt like I hit something now no reverse but drive and 1 and two are fine. Any clues?
  10. D

driver's side rear passenger window

Thanks for the info, had it finally fixed today. It was a broken wire in that passenger side door and it doesn't get used that much, go figure!
  11. D

driver's side rear passenger window

The window will not go down using drivers master switch or the switch on the passenger door, if you press it to go up with interior lights on,the lights dim a bit trying either switch, but they will not dim if you try the down position. This just happened all of a sudden. Any clues?
  12. D

Interior lights

Thanks for the info, must have changed that since my last vehicle was a 88 taurus wagon.
  13. D

Interior lights

Here's a dumb question, Have a 99 xlt. How do interior lights go on and off when you open and close doors? Don't see any switches the doors would push in. Do they use sensors?
  14. D

tranny problem maybe? i hope its not serious

The mechanic did a flush and dropped the pan and changed the filter. Yes the seafoam goes right into tranny from the filler tube.
  15. D

Yeah that's the last gear before overdrive, try the seafoam also!
  16. D

rear windshied wiper not working?

I've had same problem a couple of times, I didn't have to replace motor though. What I did was noticed that where the wiper arm connects to the motor shaft the shaft has a rubber membrain around it so i pulled on it right where the arm connects to motor shaft a few times while I had the wiper...
  17. D

Had about the same problem,after mine would get to normal operating temperature sometimes it would not shift from 1st to 2nd it would slip a little. So I had tranny flushed and put in seafoam trans-tune and took it for a 60 mile drive on the highway. All cured. Thats what my mechanic said to...
  18. D

iac or mas

Well I'm going to clean it, and order a new one.
  19. D

iac or mas

thank's we'll give that a shot!
  20. D

iac or mas

The other day it started, A weird sound from under the hood- a whistling of sorts but not all of the time! Give it some throttle it goes away then comes back at times. Popped open the hood, sounds like it's coming from the air filter box. I do have a k+n filter in there, is it the iac or the...
  21. D

Sometimes the tranny shifts slow

I did disconnect the battery for 8 hours.
  22. D

It's a 4.0
  23. D

It's a 1999, 39,000 miles on vehicle, 12,000 on tranny fluid
  24. D

After the x warms up, the x shifts slow from 1st to 2nd gear but not everytime. Tranny fluid level is fine.
  25. D

Tip of the day on oil additives that you need to know

I have been using SFR for 10 years in my motorcycles,lawn mowers,and cars for ten years and have had very good results in all! want to know more? Go to sfrcorp.com SFR stands for superior friction reduction.
Back