Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

wheel well cleaning

Is there anything i can do to get my wheel wells back to dark black color, without repainting. I tried washing them, with water but they just go back to how they were. Help me please.
  2. B

tranny leak

reply i just had a clutch put in almost a year ago. So you recommend just keeping the transmission fluid at a high level.
  3. B

tranny leak

reply 91' ford explorer 4 door, manual, 2wd
  4. B

tranny leak

reply The leak is coming from the transmission itself, near the front of it, right at the bottom. It looks as though it could possibly be a seal leak. Does that transmission leak stopper, found at autozone help any?
  5. B

tranny leak

My transmission drips like 3 drops after i drive. When i shut the car off, and about 3 hours later i notice there is transmission fluid in the garage. What is the problem and how do i fix this situation? Thanks.
  6. B

WHEEL WELL PAINT

reply Yea ok, i gotcha i used the hammered finish on my axles and leaf springs, does it really work on the wheel wells? Also, could you use the other kind of paint the glossy finish. That kind is more jet black instead a gray black.
  7. B

WHEEL WELL PAINT

reply So if I decide to paint, what are the steps i need to take. Everything from washing to the final step.
  8. B

Antifreeze leak after off-roading

reply I have a 91' x, with a 4.0L. The drip looks like it came from a corner seal i guess in the engine block. The drip is from behind the radiator. I guess that is the engine block. It hasn't drip, but that one time.
  9. B

WHEEL WELL PAINT

reply That sounds good. Do you think it would be easier to take the tire and wheel off the axle to better apply this paint?
  10. B

Antifreeze leak after off-roading

I took my x off the road for about 30 minutes. Then after i washed all the mud off, and went to get some gas i noticed i was leaking antifreeze. I looked under the car and it was coming from the corner of this metal box like right behind the fan. Just a small drip. Then when i got home, the...
  11. B

WHEEL WELL PAINT

reply What, about like good ole rustoleum or body panel paint. Would that work, I don't know much about paint sticking, but those two paints have worked nicely on other parts of me car. Plus the wheel wells are plasitc and metal.
  12. B

WHEEL WELL PAINT

How do I paint my wheel wells, like black. What I mean really, is what paint do i use. I do some off-roading, but the faded gray look, makes my x look older and worn down. I want to give it a little boost. Thanks.
  13. B

Welding mounts

Does 4wheelparts wholesalers weld on anything you give them. For example i want to weld these L-brackets on my roof rack for the lights. Will they weld them for me?
  14. B

Switches

Where can i find different types of switches to use for turning on auxillary lights. I think it would be cool to use some of those jet fighter switches that you flip up and turn em on. Thanks.
  15. B

Coil Spacers

What sizes do they make for 91's. Also where cna i find them at, and how much do they run me for price of the actual spacers, and install. Thanks.
  16. B

Mirror paint

I am planning on repainting my mirrors. I wanted to know how to do that. Can i sand the mirrors with sandpaper? Also when it is time to paint them, how much paint to put on them and what type of paint? Thanks.
  17. B

Leveling the Beast

reply Either get some lift blocks for the back, or some add-a-leafs , or you can just take the spacers off.
  18. B

Leveling the Beast

I have a 91 ford explorer 2wd. It has 6" lift with 32's and i noticed the front is slightly lower than the back. How much lift from coil spacers do i need to level off the front.
  19. B

exhaust

I have a 98 ford explorer, and the catalytic converter is shot. Is there any exhaust system that comes complete with the muffler tips and catalytic converter. If not where is a good place to look for catalytic converters.
  20. B

Roof Rack Wiring

reply Total between my brushgaurd and roof rack i am going to have 4 switches.
  21. B

Roof Rack Wiring

Where is the best place to wire two seperate switches. Should you drill a hole through the roof and run the wires to the battery through the driving console, or just run the wires along the door. Also, does anyone make custom plates from putting the actual light switches on.
  22. B

Antifreeze leak

AND THE WINNER IS Maniak is the winner, it was the heater core that was leaking. I never saw any steam until i pulled into the ford service lot, and a little steam came through my vents. Thanks man, they checked it out, and it is costing me $375, and it is going to be ready tommorow. Thanks...
  23. B

Antifreeze leak

reply Also, any idea about how much the whole inspection and fixing process might cost?
  24. B

Antifreeze leak

reply I am looking all over the engine, still can't find the leak, but i know that it is probably around the back of the engine. Also, my radiator coolant box is bone dry. No white smoke.
  25. B

Antifreeze leak

reply I will try that. Is there any severe danger of driving with the leak, possibly to the Ford dealership?
Back