Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Calling all NC Wheelers!!!!!!!!

the ure date is april 13 14 15 as it stands right now my ex wont be making the trip but im still deciding if i want to ride down with my brother i will keep you all posted
  2. P

sounds like what i need.
  3. P

thats cool, i hope its done in time. i hope to be locked by april... it will be close(budget wise). lee, you have an aussie locker right? how do you like it? an aussie is what im considering. does it handle good on the road?
  4. P

i would love to see everyone come out. last year caleb, john, and lee met up with me on saturday. we only wheeled one trail before i had to go back to the campground and disect my cooling system... it was fun though. would anyone be up for camping the whole weekend? i'll keep you guys posted...
  5. P

that would be awesome. its looking like they want to go the first or second weekend. we went the second weekend last year and it really wasnt THAT crowded. whatever weekend they decide i will post it and whoever wants to come along is more than welcome. im goin with a group of mainly isuzus but...
  6. P

im going to ure with the isuzus again in april they still havent set a date but ill post it when they decide.
  7. P

Please help... Driving me insane

my brother swapped out the hub and that did the trick.
  8. P

Where are all the Virginia Explorers??

ive been to the magruder spot once it is a fun place i was ridning in my friends toyota and some local people yelled at us... i dont know if it is leagal or not ive never heard of people getting tickets out there
  9. P

here is your info i have been to poqouson a few times they call it that ball field because once upon a time it was a city park. i have had the cops come out and for disturbing the peace because someone was running open header but i hae heard people say that they were arrested... i say go at...
  10. P

well i looked whle my brother shook the wheel and we strongly think its the bearing. i but a new hub bearing assembly and im going to replace it on saturday. if that doesnt fix it then i will check ball joints and the cv. i think i can elimintate the ball joint they looked very solid. and with...
  11. P

i jacked up the front of my truck and pushed the tires to check for play. what i foud was that when i put my hands at 6 and 12 o clock i have alot of play so correct me if im wrong but doesnt that mean iwheel bearings or ball joints? and there was a little play with my hands at 3 and 9 o clock...
  12. P

i did some searching and found out that you have to replace the whole hum for the bearing and the control arm for the ball joint... how much does this stuff cost? chris my brother is gonna take a look at it but in the morning im gonna jack it up and push the tire around a see what kind of...
  13. P

would a cv and a wheel bearing both cause the truck to shake and vibrate when going down the road. i want to take care of the sound but the vibration is my big concern at the moment thanks again pete
  14. P

thats a possibility doesnt a wheel bearing whine when it goes bad this is kind of a grinding sound
  15. P

thanks for all the replies, the noise only occurs when i turn right and only when you turn the wheel about half way right there is no sound when you turn left. i was thinking it might be the wheel bearing thanks pete
  16. P

my truck vibrating very violently when going down the road. it rattles the light switch, my steering column and something in the back that i havent figured out yet. i know some vibration comes with having mud terrains but this has just developed in the last month or so and its getting worse. i...
  17. P

5r55e acting wierd

thanks for your help. i will add the lubegard and see if that will fix it
  18. P

5r55e acting wierd

im not sure. is it safe to add it anyway even if they did use merc v. I was thinking about adding some of that lucas tranny stuff... would you recomend that?
  19. P

5r55e acting wierd

well i got it rebuilt about 8 months ago. got a discount because my brother works for the chevy dealership that did the rebuild. i couldnt get thewarranty because i got it at an awesome price ... 800 for a full rebuild. well when the tranny is warm it shifts flawlessly but when i start it up...
  20. P

PATS/theft light question

i am aware of the pats system and how the theft light works. my problem is my theft light stays on after the engine starts sometimes it keeps on flashing and sometimes it goes solid. does anyone know whats wrong? everything still works just fine but its got me curious as to what is happening it...
  21. P

door keypad

is there a card in your owners manual pouch? mine had a plastic card with the code on there.
  22. P

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

i second that take the rear sway bar off its not a big deal didnt really notice a difference. i cant speak for the front my front sway bar is still connected
  23. P

sounds good do you have any modifications planned for it yet?
  24. P

well i havent tried it in my truck. ive ridden up it and it was difficult for the trucks we were riding with yeah the far right side of the rock garden is more difficult i did see a wrangler on 35's have troublewith that line we came up the far left side. but next time im down there i will have...
  25. P

super swampers

you could run swampers... they would be great for mud bogging but most of the time a street friendly mud terrain ( bfg, pro comp, goodyear,kumhos( i love mine) will perform efficiently on the trail and you can get about 30 to 40 thousand miles out of them so you can tun them all the time. super...
Back