Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Tire Wear

It is no longer in warranty. The tires look almost new on the outside but the inside is gone. The camber setting appears to be too much.
  2. F

Tire Wear

I need some help on my 2003 X. It is 2wd and the front tires wear terrible. I have about 20000 miles on the tires and I had to put the spare on last night because the belts were hanging out. Both front tires have massive wear on the inside edge of the tire. I asked my mechanic what we could...
  3. F

Code trouble

ttt
  4. F

Code trouble

Alreight I need some help from the smart people on this web site. I have a 2003 XLTw/ 4.0 V6. I had a P0455 and a P0457 which is a large emission leak and a loose fuel cap. I replaced the cap twice, once from Autozone second from Ford. Codes came right back. I finally took a smoke machine...
  5. F

Fuel Cap Light

Bought another Motorcraft cap, lifted the vehicle and checked every vaccum connection from the engine compartment and the charcoal canister and couldn't find anything loose or off. Put the new cap on and the Check engine light came on but not the cap light. It is reading code P0455 and P0457...
  6. F

Fuel Cap Light

cap Where is the canister located?
  7. F

Fuel Cap Light

I am having the Check Fuel Cap light come on in my 2003 Exp. I purchased a new cap and had the codes cleared. It stayed off for about 50 miles. It then came back on. If I keep driving with out reseting the ECM, the Check Engine Light comes on...Says that the cap is loose or has a vacuum...
  8. F

Fuel cap light

Thanks for the assistance...The Service engine light was triggered today and Autozzone scanned the computer. Replaced the cap and reset the computer...Good to go...
  9. F

Fuel cap light

Back for more help...The wife was driving today and the Check Fuel cap light came on. I checked the cap and put it on different positions and the light stays on. Any one had this problem? Do I need a new cap? Thanks for any help.
  10. F

2002 Eddie Bauer Explorer air bag code 33

The seat belt pretensioner has a two wire white connector that is secured to the sear frame...On the driver side you sould have another harness that is for the power seat...If you have to change the pretensioner, it is an easy change. Make sure you disconnect the battery for 10+ min, then...
  11. F

ABS Light

Thank you.. That is what I was affraid of.
  12. F

ABS Light

Abs It comes on when the key is turned to the on position and stays on the entire time. Never blinks...
  13. F

ABS Light

I have a 2003 XLT 4door 2wd and the problem I am having is that my ABS Light is on and never goes out...I replaced the module up in the left front but it stays on...I looked at the fuses/relays but they are fine...Any suggestions of what could be causing the light?
  14. F

Question on O3 Explorer

If it sounds like a wind sound, then it may be the fan and fan clutch. When mine is cold it will sound high winded then after taking off the first time it stops..
  15. F

chirping sound

I have the exact same problem and I had a can of belt dressing sitting around. I sprayed it on the belt and it quiet. Replaced the belt, chirp gone...
  16. F

FUse location

ttt...Anyone have a scan copy they can email me at fastimzracing@yahoo.com
  17. F

blinking airbag light

I just replaced both front airbags, crash sensor and the module under the console. Now the airbag light in the dash willl blink 3 times then go off, blink 3 times then off. What does this mean? Do I need to replace the seat belt on the drivers side? Thanks for any assistance.
  18. F

FUse location

I have a 2003 Explorer XLT 4door and I need a diagram of the relay box under the hood and the fuse location inside the vehicle. When I got the vehicle the owners manual was missing so I have no way of locating what fuse goes to what. Any help would be great...Thanks
  19. F

Need a Little Help

Do you have to replace the seat belts once the airbags have been deployed?
  20. F

Need a Little Help

I have a 2003 Explorer XLT with the V6. It has front end damage and I need help. Where is the airbag module located on this vehicle? There is some type of electrical module located under the center of the radiator support, is this the airbag sensor or what is this? Is the tranny cooler not in...
  21. F

Air Bag replacement

I need help on replacing both airbags in a 2003 Explorer. What will I need to change other than the 2 bags and the module? Will the sensors need replacing or are they reusable? Thanks for any help. fastimzracing@yahoo.com
Back