Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

drivetrain banging

I have a problem with the drivetrain making a banging sound when i accelerate. Seems like it is slipping in and out of gear at any speed. I first thought it was the torque converter had it checked,then the trans, that wasn't the problem. Is it possible the transfer case is slipping in and out of...
  2. S

99 5.0 v8 Parts (OR Whole truck) For Sale

Do you have the front seats still, if you do how much would you want for them
  3. S

First gen roof rack and other stuff....

If the roof rack and tire carrier would fit a 2nd gen i would be very interested. Could come pick it up.
  4. S

Ultra-Gauge 5$ off! Limited Time Only...

Well i broke down and bought one today. I will post up info when i get it and drive around a bit.
  5. S

Tires

I have used bfg at's on my X. I have had them on for almost five years now, work great on and off the pavement. will be replacing them soon with another set of bfg at's as soon as bfg puts them back into production this month. Have you looked up tires on Discount Tire Direct? Good Luck with your...
  6. S

Cyber Monday Deal

Poly Performance has cyber monday deal, get 10% off with code. Discount Code: CYBER10
  7. S

How do I know which 6 cyl engine I have?

Your 8th digit in your vin will tell you what engine you have. your digit is an X so you have an OHV engine.
  8. S

Front CV axle movement

no the stub shaft that goes into the diff does not pull out or move. just the housing that the rubber boot clamps to. i'm not sure what that piece is really called that the arrow is pointing too. i'll just call it the housing. but i can move that housing quite a bit maybe 1/4 " .
  9. S

Front CV axle movement

Is the housing on the cv supposed to move? it's the part with the arrow pointing at it. I can grab that and slid it in and out not sure if it should move like that. I have never worked on cv's before so i'm clueless.
  10. S

Tire ? for my 97x

I'm looking to go up to 33's i have a set of 32x11.5 on 15x8 w/4"bs. when going up to 33's is it better to use wider 33x12.5 or is it ok to use 33x10.5. Just want to make sure it won't mess with the suspension or something else. the reason for the ? is i found someone selling 5 bfg at's 33x10.5...
  11. S

Leaf springs

thanks for the reply. Now i just have to pick out a good but not to expensive spring.
  12. S

Leaf springs

Hey everyone just have a quick ? Do the leaf springs from 91-94 x fit on my 97 x. some websites say they fit some say they don't. I have checked the size and they are the same just different load cap. Is the spring mount different? Thanks
  13. S

Explorer is begging for new tires.

I have had a few sets of tires on my X. I have had goodyear,kumho,BFG. Right now i have BFG A/T's and i love them they have been great on and offroad. But it all comes down to how you will use you X and how much you want to spend. Go to some tire website you are thinking about and compare them...
  14. S

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

I have 155,000 on my '97
  15. S

E3 Spark Plugs

How do you figure ? MotorCraft Plat. $4.69 per plug 6 x 4.69= 28.14 E3 Plugs- $5.99 per plug 6 x 5.99= 35.94 ok it's $7.80 so a little over $6 not that big of a difference
  16. S

E3 Spark Plugs

Thanks for the replys. I think i will spend the extra Cash and try them. what the hell it's only 6 bucks more. I tried a search and found nothing.
  17. S

E3 Spark Plugs

Just wanted to know if anyone on here has ever used the E3 Plugs. I'm thinking about trying them just not sure if they are worth the money.
  18. S

newbee

Welcome to the site. Lots of great info on here. What part of florida? I'm in pensacola now but will be going to jacksonville.
  19. S

Four Wheel & SUV Mag. Article on a Ranger

i was thinking the same thing. I think i'm going to write to them about it.
  20. S

Four Wheel & SUV Mag. Article on a Ranger

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this but i thought i would post it. 2000 ranger spot in the magazine. Nice article. I hope the link works. If not i'm sure everyone will let me know. :D http://www.4wdandsportutility.com/features/0904_4wd_2000_ford_ranger_supercab/index.html
  21. S

Optima Battery - how long do they live?

I have a red top bought mine at sam's club about two years ago. So far so good. I think it was worth the money.:salute:
  22. S

Let's Talk 2nd Gen. Front Bumper Area Wants?

I like #1 and #2 because the winch is hidden between the frame rails. but i also like #4 as a front bumper. i would like to see a design with a mix of #1 and #4 together.
  23. S

Companies that support Greenies!!! Must Read!!!

Date: Jan 24, 2008 7:12 PM Subject: Companies that support Greenies!!! Body: Do you love Tellico? Apparently Cabelas does not, or any other 4x4/ATV trail for that matter! E-mail them and tell them what you think! This was sent to me today: The following was emailed to Cabela's...
  24. S

Lifted Vehicle Laws

This was sent to me today. I know it's not a land issue. Post subject: Final Approved Legislation for Lifted Vehicles -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FYI...a must read. Purposed act, or recommendation by the AAMVA Task Force -...
Back