Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

dash light question

I have no dashlights, but when I step on the brake the fog lights, door chime and dashlights come on. what can I look for? the tail lights, headlights and clearance lights all work normally when the light switch is put on. any ideas? Oh I have a 2000 ford explorer xls. thank you
  2. P

2000 ford explorer 3rd brake light not working

My 3 rd brake light is not working, the other 2 work, my 3rd light appears to have no ballast. what checks can I do? where is the ballast on the 2000? does it connect to the brake pedal switch too? is there a fuse for this circuit? .all I can find is info on 97 or older brake lights thanks
  3. P

2000 ford explorer #13 fuse blowing

My # 13 fuse keeps blowing, and of course no brake lights, I installed a new brake light switch, did not help, I tested the rear bulbs for faults, did not help. as soon as you step on the brake pedal, wham the fuse blows immediatlly, any ideas what else to check? thanks
  4. P

wanted: cruise control switches

i'm looking for the cruise control switches on the steering wheel for my 2000 ford explorer, please email what you have and an asking price i'm in Canada thanks
  5. P

Wanted box cover parts wanted

i;m looking for the 4 corner L shaped snap pieces that snap the rails together for my Ford ranger box cover. It is the soft cover that can be rolled up. please email me what you have available and an asking price. thanks
  6. P

2006 ranger question

Will a front axle assembly, passenger side from a 2000 ranger fit a 2006 ford ranger? thanks
  7. P

fuel pump pressure question

I have a 97 ford explorer with a 4.0 engine, I recently tested the fuel pump pressure and I got a reading of 33 lbs, then with the engine off for 5 minutes it held it's pressure, but later fell off. is this a normal pressure or what is a normal pressure setting? should I look at replacing the...
  8. P

Warm starting issue

Hey guys: thanks for the suggestions, I have tried them but to no avail since posting my problem I have changed the fuel filter and tested the pump, the pump produces a pressure of 35 lbs, and it holds pressure when the engine is shut off, When I unpluged the vacuum from the pressure...
  9. P

Warm starting issue

I have a 97 ford explorer with a 4.0 engine, for a while now i've been having a starting problem When i've been driving a while and I shut it off say more than 10 minutes or so and I go back to start it I have to crank it over quite a while to get it to start, kinda like the old caborated...
  10. P

rearview mirror

thank you thanks for the help guys greatly appreciated
  11. P

rearview mirror

I have a auto tint rearview mirror I want to instaa in my ranger can anyone tell me where to hook each wire. the wire colors are Black/pink, white/Blue and black which is obviously ground can anyone help? thanks paddd
  12. P

2006 ranger help

Does anyone know where I can find a diagram to wire in a f1100 bypass unit into my 2006 ranger for my remote starter thanks
  13. P

Ranger wiring diagram

Anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for the ignition? and the power door locks, i'm trying to install a auto starter. thanks
  14. P

2006 ford ranger key

Can I get a key cut for my 06 ford ranger ignition, or do I have to get it straight from ford due to the chip in it? thanks
  15. P

Another 2006 question

Thanks for the help, this is the best place for a new ranger owner like me to get info thanks again
  16. P

Another 2006 question

In my 2006 ranger, the lock/unlock and window switches do not light up, are they supposed to, if not can I get switches that light up and install them will I have to add wiring? Also will a center console, the one with 2 pockets and the change area from a 97 explorer fit in place of the present...
  17. P

2006 ford ranger question

Thank you Thanks for the excellent info, greatly appreciated!!!
  18. P

2006 ford ranger question

Is it possible to install a upper console (the one with direction and outside temperature) from a 97 ford explorer into a 2006 ranger? or is there a different console I should look for thanks
  19. P

Spring sale! 20 Explorers for parts!!!

mirror Do you have a complete mirror assembly for the passenger side of a 97 ford explorer, power operated, no puddle light or heat shipping to canada thanks
  20. P

1997 exlorer help

I have a 1997 explorer xl When i'm using my headlights (nightime driving) my 4*4 and 4*4 low lights blink on and off, sometimes the od off light blinks as well, does anyone have any ideas what may cause this.
  21. P

1991 explorer wo'nt start

yes it turns over normally when I hook a booster cable to the negative terminal of my battery and the starter side of the solenoid. If I have the ignition on it starts this way.
  22. P

1991 explorer wo'nt start

My explorer will not start, so I had the starter tested and it is fine, I installed a new solenoid on the starter before I put it back on, next I replaced the slenoid on the fenderwell, when I turn the key it only clicks at the solenoid in the fender, if I take a booster cable hooked to the...
  23. P

1991 explorer air conditioner question

I have a problem with my ac in my explorer, one time it works excellent the next time not at all, it is fully charged, has a new switch on the heater control panel in the cab, and a new pressure switch on the accumulator the compressor is working fine, when I have no ac the clutch seems to have...
  24. P

1991 explorer air conditioner question

I have a problem with my ac in my explorer, one time it works excellent the next time not at all, it is fully charged, has a new switch on the heater control panel in the cab, and a new pressure switch on the accumulator the compressor is working fine, when I have no ac the clutch seems to have...
Back