Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Speed Shift

Yeah, I had an old Honda Accord that I use to do this in all the time. I tried in the explorer yesterday and couldn't find it. I'll get it though. Thanks.
  2. A

Speed Shift

Hello everyone. Well it's been awhile since my last question (my rig has been good to me lately.) I recently drove to Missoula, Mt. from Salt lake, Ut. and found that my throwout bearing is now going out--on a side note my explorer broke 250,000 miles on the trip too, so.....celebrate anyways...
  3. A

Mechanic in Missoula, Mt?

Sorry for the delay, I was away for the internet working for awhile. So I took off the driver side wheel and it had a lot of play from side to side so it was the barring. I had to call a tow truck and take it in. The barring blew out and welded to the spindle. The shop had to grind it off to...
  4. A

Thanks for all the good input. I took off the wheel last night and couldn't see anything out of the norm though I'm no mechanic. I did just convert to manual hubs myself, but they looked fine. We'll see. I'm hopefully going to take it in tomorrow and I will definitely let you know what the...
  5. A

So I'm in Missoula for about a month for work, and am looking for a good mechanic. Anyone recommend anyone? Problem: I was driving and the car and it suddenly pulled to the right with a sort of grinding noise in the front. I pulled over and couldn't see anything. I turned around drove home and...
  6. A

Checking the Electronic Shift Control Module

I'm also having problems with this. I haven't used the 4wheel in awhile--broken--and just installed manual hubs. Now the module is out. No lights with the test, has good ground but, I'm not sure how to find the power to it. Could it be a fuse as well? And if so what one would it be? I haven't...
  7. A

About at Wits End - Alternator Not Charging - FIXED

Well....problem being the battery light on. We'll see if it is all fixed as I drive it. Seriously thanks again everyone. Wish I didn't kill that battery though :(
  8. A

I checked my fuses as well but they're all intact. One was looking kind of iffy but still good--though I cannot remember what one right now. The starter is on tight. Ill check out the negative wires later today, and switch out that fuse just in case. --And that would have been my reply IF i...
  9. A

I'm having the same problem. It all started when my alternator burnt out. I bought a new one battery light still on. AutoZone's bench tester was out so I have just been going through alts like no business cause they don't know if they are bad or not. Have a good one now and replaced my positive...
  10. A

Auto Hub Washer Fix With Pictures

My four wheel just went out (again) yesterday driving up the local canyon to ski. I HAD TO TURN BACK AND MISS A GREAT POWDER DAY!!!!!! Anyway the clicking noise is the new problem. Didn't engage or disengage properly, it was humiliating. I read a post about cleaning all the grease--and there was...
Back