Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

What I've been up too lately...

hey man, looks great, you went farther than i did on it. keep up the good work :thumbsup:
  2. G

The poor mans aftermarket bumper

thanks chewy4x4, 410Fortune, and 98xploder for not just sayin everythin ive done to my ex looks like crap...this is my first car that ive done my own work on, and i know i dont know too much, or can afford to do the really cool or nice things, but at least im tryin.
  3. G

that will work. ill take them. i really did not think i would get so much grief from doin it...just an idea i wanted to try out.
  4. G

actually im very happy with my jeep wheels, i got a great deal on them. and its not half assed. its free. you guys dont have to like it, it works for me. i dont plan on keeping the explorer for more than another year, so its not like it matters. too expensive to wheel my daily driver.
  5. G

well, ive been driving around with out bumpers for quite some time because i put on a 2 inch body lift...and i didnt like the gap or how low the bumper looked on there. Well today at work i got a crazy idear...figured it wouldnt hurt to try it out. Here is my solution for a budget bumper that...
  6. G

Pics from Coal Creek offroad

cool, that gives me a place to start...thanks! yea i loved it there, and there are SO many trails, i cant wait to go back. just need to get this working and i can go again.
  7. G

The last place i went to had 600 acres to ride on...Coal creek has 72,000 acres. ha, the map is the size of my hood when you unfold it. as for the cb, there is actually one in the truck, along with a 4ft antenna and cable, just no mounting plate for the antenna yet. still works, but the only...
  8. G

yea..it was awesome...barely anyone on the trails too, just a few groups of ATV's. just wish my 4 wheel slow was working :(
  9. G

My buddy an i cruised up to Coal creek (oak ridge, TN) yesterday and camped out, then this mornin we went out to do a little light wheeling. this was my first chance to really test out my EX with the body lift/tires on there. it actually did very well, only problem was my 4wheel low wasnt...
  10. G

Let's Talk 2nd Gen. Front Bumper Area Wants?

I 2nd this motion...and i am very interested in purchasing one like this. i have a 2" body lift, so it would have to work with that. any plans on some custom rear bumpers?
  11. G

Badlands 08

well im gonna have to back out...starting a new job this tuesday, and ill be doing lots of training over the next few weeks. wish i could go, ive been dying to do a run, but between school endin and this new job it'll be a long time...
  12. G

No reverse lights

both stopped working at the same time, they flickered, then went out. bulbs are good, i tested them. i actually ended up just rewiring a new switch to them, so its all good. got the drivers side done, an it works great! lights seems to be a bit brighter than they were before, but that might...
  13. G

No reverse lights

my reverse lights have all of a sudden stopped working. i dont have a clue...anyone have any suggestions or know where they are wired to? maybe a common place to look or something? its on a 2000 xlt. thanks!
  14. G

2001 Ford Explorer vs 2000 Chevy POS Blazer

you could always do what i did, and completely strip down the interior, and remove everything thats heavy and you dont need....side steps (these weighed a bit more than i thought!), rear seats, carpet, center console, front an rear sway bars...etc etc my acceleration went WAY up with all that...
  15. G

2000 EX, 2" body lift in the works

Yep, from an 04 wrangler rubicon...they do say jeep in the middle of the wheel, haha. Its a Rubicon Explorer.
  16. G

haha...yea, im usually throwin it up in all my pics...:D
  17. G

New Tires And Rims! here are my new wheels... what do u guys think? i love havin to jumpin up a lil bit to get in :thumbsup:
  18. G

Let's Talk 2nd Gen. Front Bumper Area Wants?

the bumpers on your site say ford explorer, im guessing this means 1st gen right? or will they work on both 1st and 2nd gen. also, are these bolt on bumpers or do they have to be welded? what kind of price range do they custom ones run, that u build?
  19. G

Gas Mileage with 3.23 ???

i have 3.55 gears in mine and i can get 23-24 highway avg, if i baby it and go about 65. city im about 16-18, again if im gentle, which im usually not.
  20. G

yes this is that kit. there are a few write ups around here that i looked at...they helped quite a bit, but you really dont know what your getting into until u start it. as for me, all of my bolts would not come out, and the front 2 snapped in half. cutting wheels come in handy.
  21. G

i agree, but im gettin a wicked deal on 5 rims w/ 31's already on them, just couldnt pass it up. and 33's have always been the plan...but will be down the road. got a few projects to finish first before the 33's...so we'll see how it goes...thanks for the comments
  22. G

so the body lift is finally done! basically everything that could go wrong, did. DONT EVER BUY A CAR FROM THE NORTH!!! RUST SUCKS! Every other bolt i had to remove with a cutting wheel and hammer/chisel:hammer: oh well, heres some pics of it... BEFORE PICS: AND AFTER 2"...
  23. G

Would U-Haul have a conniption if..

i rented a car carrier from u-haul for 3 days...picked it up with my friends chevy 1500...got it back to my place and immediately swapped it to the Explorer. he wasnt around when i had to drop it off...so i just took it back with the EX. dropped it off, then drove an parked a lil bit away...
  24. G

GREATEST cause of auto tranny failure?

i would say this is a hard question to answer, as no two transmissions have been 'driven' the same. as for me, my torque converter blew up and sent shards of metal throughout the rest of the tranny.
Back