Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

No Rubbing Zone!

I think I already have a tt done. I took it into the local 4-wheeling store and the put the procomp suspension lift onto it. how do i know if the did it or not? besides asking them (They have horrible customer service)
  2. R

subs make a heart beat sound

Is your power wire ran near your speaker wire? I have been told that this could affect the sound.
  3. R

Will a 7" 2-din in-dash screen fit my truck need answers asap!!!

Hello, a 2-din fits perfectly. here is mine:
  4. R

Warrior 153 shackles install with pics

Has anyone done BOTH warrior shackles & AAL?
  5. R

Torsion twist for dummies! (pics included)

How do I know if my torsion bar has already been twisted? is there a way to tell? I have a 2wd and have the procomp suspension lift, but I dont know if they did a tt as well.
  6. R

No Rubbing Zone!

Anyone? I dont want to get the 285/70/17 to find out they wont work. I would rather find out if they will work before I put out the $.
  7. R

No Rubbing Zone!

Ok, So I am trying to do my research before I go spending 1k on new tires. I have a 3" procomp suspension lift with 265/70/17 wheels/tires currently. The front fender had to be slightly trimmed in order to not rub, and it hasn't ever Rubbed on me. However I do not like how the wheels...
  8. R

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

Ok, So I am trying to do my research before I go spending 1k on new tires. I have a 3" procomp suspension lift with 265/70/17 wheels/tires currently. The front fender had to be slightly trimmed in order to not rub, and it hasn't ever Rubbed on me. However I do not like how the wheels...
  9. R

wheel spacers bad idea?

The spacers from a wrangler works on a 2000 x?
  10. R

2000 5.0L Eddie Bauer 2wd Add-a-leaf question

I am about 95% sure my X is 2wd and I already have a v8, so no need to swap one in, lol. How would I know if it is awd? there are NO buttons where the 4wd people have them on the radio bezel.
  11. R

Can I use the Fabtech kit made for the 98-01 ford ranger? It is a coil-spring kit that lifts 5.5"
  12. R

Thanks for the reply Section525, I am a little new to the field as someone else usually did this for me, what is an AAL? And where can I find, and what part # is the shackles, leaf pack, and spindles?
  13. R

Hello all, So I already have the 2" suspension lift and the tt. I want it higher, Out here in Cali There are TONS of HUGE trucks and I want to be also. I was thinking of doing the pa883 3" bodylift but people have said the ride will be more harsh (its not the softest ride as it is) so I am...
  14. R

Wall + Explorer= Towtruck

mine is 2wd
  15. R

Opposite, you NEED to know about basic laws of physics to be a truck driver, he LACKS that therefor he should NOT be a tow truck driver. I.e. If the width between my two front tires is..say 10 feet (just an example) and his tow truck thingy is 15 feet wide, then it will NOT fit in-between my...
  16. R

I tried backing up, turning the wheel counter-clockwise but all that happened was my rear tires spinning and squealing, the truck didn't move an inch. I also was going to get my f-150 to just tug on my rear to get me out but the position the wall was sitting on my a-arm worried me because if...
  17. R

Well, while getting gas at my local Costco the vehicle behind me did not want to wait the 30 seconds for me to finish so he squeezed by me, knocking the gas nozzle out of my gas tank with his mirror. So naturally I became a little aggrivated, raising my arms up asking wtf he was doing...
  18. R

How to: Headrest Screen Install

Could I do this same thing If my seats are bucket (I think thats what they are called, they are all one piece) seats? Could I just cut out a section, and put it in there? I'm leaning more towards getting it done professionally as I am pretty picky on things being perfect.
  19. R

General question 01 explorer sport audio system with amp

Hi Astar24, I can tell you from my own personal experience that if you take your time, and not rush through the install than you could definately do it yourself, garanteed! I know VERY little about electrical stuff, and a little bit of mechanics (I'm a girl, go figure) and on my previous...
  20. R

2000 Explorer....New system. ;o)

*~* This is My 2000 Ford Explorer *~* *~* Out with the Old..... *~* *~* In with the new... *~* *~* Pioneer avc-p4000dvd *~* (Playing The Matrix) *~*alpine spr-13s component speaker up front*~* *~* alpine spr-57c speakers in the rear doors *~*...
  21. R

I can't find more than a 3" suspension lift....

I can't seem to find more than a 3" suspension lift for my 2000 ford explorer eddie bauer edition 5.0L 2wd. It is by Pro Comp. That is what I have on it right now, but want to go atleast another 3". Any ideas? leaf springs, shackles? oh and I am a newbie to this, so small words would be...
  22. R

new guy

Hello, Yes I share your passion with sports cars. I had a nissan 300zx and loved it! until the repair costs out ran my incoming paycheck! I sold her and thats when I bought the Explorer and theres no looking back!
  23. R

Hello!

Hey PaoPao, how are ya. Tell us about your explorer! ( And what does PaoPao mean to you)
  24. R

In comes the new girl!

Hey everyone, just thought I would say hi, I hope to find a lot of helpful advice here. Most people I know with explorers (with mods) told me about this site so I thought I'd check it out. I have a 2000 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition 70k miles and running strong! My pride and joy...
Back