Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

Adding Sirius

I had the same problem when i first installed Sirius. Would not play separately thru the DVD player headphones. I had the dealer replace and install the harnesses per the TSB (there were actually 2 harnesses they replaced) and now it plays as it should thru the headphones. It did not cost me...
  2. 0

Adding Sirius

i had the harness switched out per the TSB and the Sirius plays the audio using that connector in the kick panel.
  3. 0

MP3 input for NAV system?

I have the navigation radio and plug my Ipod into the rear aux inputs on the DVD player.
  4. 0

Sirius sat. radio

Zeeman -have you played a DVD on the DVD player thru the speakers since you added the sirius? and have you tried to play the sirius thru the DVD player headphones? seems some have had problems with this setup when adding sirius factory parts and was curuious if you experienced them.
  5. 0

Adding Sirius

you still have to take the dash apart to install that aftermarket bracket. install the stock delphi unit you bought. it works great with the nav unit. you will be happy with it.
  6. 0

Factory remote start problems

did your XLT come with the keypad from the factory or did you add it later?
  7. 0

18" tires

has anyone had to replace thier 18" tires yet? if so, how many miles did you get out of them and what was the cost to replace them.
  8. 0

Add ons for the Explorer

part number for the roof antenna is 7L2Z-10E893-A and the harness from the antenna to the tuner is 7A2Z-19A397-A. you have to drill a hole in the roof and run the harness down the passenger A pillar to the tuner.
  9. 0

Shifting issues on '06 Mountaineer

push your dealer to replace it. I did. The parts took a week to get because Ford was out of stock. evidently it is a problem. I have to take mine back next week. the parts just arrived. And they provided a loaner car.
  10. 0

i sure hope replacing the solenoid and valve body work. I'm having the dealer replace mine tommorow. The technician told me he has replaced a few already. What a hassle getting a loaner car, but they finally gave in. When are the American car manufacturers going to get their acts together.
  11. 0

Navigation System Options

i noticed there are different configurations the Factory system can be set to. a phone module, reverse park aid, convertible, voice activation are just some of them. does anyone know how to re-program these units, or how it gets done?
  12. 0

Why do the 3V trucks feel so sluggish?

its sluggish because of the 3.55 rear. Previous generations had 3.73 or even 4.10 rears.
  13. 0

boy thats ironic, when my Explorers in the shop I'm driving my Accord also. I've put over 200k miles on it and it gives me less trouble than this new Explorer.
  14. 0

Problem With 06/07 Nav Unit, Need Help!

since its the same unit as the 07 Expedition, I would imagine its with the rear view mirror, which is where it is on th Expedition. The blank button on the steering wheel controls is for the 'voice' button.
  15. 0

press and hold the 3 and 6 memory presets for 3 seconds, you will see a bezel diagnostics screen pop up. Press the configuration status button and you will see what your unit is programmed for. It appears these units have voice activation capabilities.
  16. 0

since they have your truck for a couple days, did they provide you with a loaner car at no cost??
  17. 0

i'm taking mine back next friday. today its been at its worst. Even had trouble getting the shifter out of park and into gear. Ford should step up to the plate. Its getting to be a real pain in the a$$ having to drop it off for the same problem. Typical Ford.
  18. 0

satellite radio display

does anyone else have the same thing when listening to the Sirius 5 6 7 or 8 channels where at the end of the song title the year of the song gets cut off? It almost always seems it will display the ( and not the rest.
  19. 0

it depends on where you live to get it reprogrammed. Search the threads I've seen that somebody here did it. Its about 200 bucks.
  20. 0

we had a couple of days in the 60's and the transmission shifted fine, now its back down in the 20's and the problem is back. I'm curiuos if the temperature has any effect on why this problem keeps coming back, although it shouldnt!!
  21. 0

have the unit 'reprogrammed' for your specific vehicle. Some Fords have a separate clock in the dash such as the Fusion SEL, therefore the clock on the Nav unit would be disabled so you wouldn't have 2 clocks.
  22. 0

Tow package question

i've seen a class III hitch added to a 2006 Explorer. It sits below the class II hitch. besides looking like crap, it looks really stupid.
  23. 0

Tow package question

towing package is a class III hitch and 7 pin connector. If it is a V6 then it also adds a 3.73 rear axle. The Hitches are welded to the frame.
  24. 0

Quad Buckets

while they dont fold 'completely' flat there is still plenty of room. We moved family and had the seats folded and the truck totally loaded to the roof as well as a 10ft trailer full of furniture and refrigerator and furniture in tow. It worked great.
  25. 0

Adding Sirius

The factory nav is made by Pioneer. Besides, by the time you get done spending $$ on adaptors and all the other crap you end up needing you could have just spent the money for a factory unit anyways and be done. The factory antenna you have to drill a hole in the roof. much cleaner than having...
Back