Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. blueka

Blueka's Elite Registry

Only until the weekend when we're doing the rear 😂😂😂 can't be seen in public like this Si
  2. blueka

Blueka's Elite Registry

Had my nephew over again sunday to lend a hand as I'm still out of action and can't really do much. Got most of the front end done, brake lines, I imagine, will probably need to be replaced, still need to do sway bar/links and front driveshaft aswell as fill the front diff. But for now, back...
  3. blueka

Blueka's Elite Registry

I had high hopes of doing loads this weekend, but I've torn my rotator cuff again and can't move my right arm, so had to enlist the help of my nephew. Managed to get the other side pretty much all bolted up. I'm probably going to have to make some new brake lines to enable me to fit new calipers...
  4. blueka

Blueka's Elite Registry

Made some progress today, installed all new driveshafts, new lower ballpoint, and almost have the passenger side all finished. Held up by a seized brakeline fitting, and I also forgot to order a balljoint for the other side. So that should be here before next weekend. Front end is almost back...
  5. blueka

Blueka's Elite Registry

Been a hell of a week, so progress was minimal, but, installed the new RC shocks, got the new torsion dampers on, so hopefully the entire front should be done by the end of the month. Si
  6. blueka

Blueka's Elite Registry

Finally made a bit of progress today. It took all day but managed to get the old factory bushings out of the lower arms and get new polyurethane ones installed. Then I fought with it some more and got the arms back on Si
  7. blueka

Wanted Dust shields wanted

Also need a pair of torsion key covers if anyone has a pair from the same. Thanks Si
  8. blueka

How to: RC lift install help? 97 UK spec

I did think I might have to, but I'll see how I go. I just want the damn thing on the road now. Si
  9. blueka

Blueka's Elite Registry

Torsion bar relocation brackets are in after slight modification. My Explorer uses a different style of damper, so I had to cut the RC bracket to fit. Si
  10. blueka

Well, I chopped it off and installed it. Si
  11. blueka

So, finally getting around to installing the RC lift on my UK 97 Ran into a slight issue when mounting the rear torsion bar brackets. Mine has earlier style torsion bar damper and this uses later style. Would you lop off the metal that's getting in the way? Si
  12. blueka

Blueka's Elite Registry

Did a little more after work tonight, got the front diff in and all bolted up tight, then installed the bottom arm relocation brackets front and rear Si
  13. blueka

Blueka's Elite Registry

Turns out they did send the parts. Anyhoo. Managed to get the new, re-geared front diff in, although I did wreck one of the bolts and retaining nuts Si
  14. blueka

Blueka's Elite Registry

As I'm waiting for parts, my poor explorer sits like this Si
  15. blueka

Blueka's Elite Registry

Whole vehicle is at 125k Si
  16. blueka

Blueka's Elite Registry

Engine was a good used 88k miles. So I had all new chains n stuff, water pump etc. Didn't bother with the oil pump. Si
  17. blueka

Wanted Dust shields wanted

Looking for a pair of front brake dust shields for a 2010 ranger if anyone has a pair and wouldn't mind shipping to the UK? Thanks Si
  18. blueka

Blueka's Elite Registry

😡😡😡 got all the front torn down, school boy error, didn't check all the boxes properly and it turns out there's 2 bags of fittings/ hardware missing. I've contacted rough country and hopefully they can get them out to me asap. So I'm currently stuck. Si
  19. blueka

Blueka's Elite Registry

Started the tear down to install the RC 5" lift TikTok - Make Your Day Si
  20. blueka

Seat adjusters

They're out of a 99 limited. I've put them in a 97 xlt Si
  21. blueka

Seat adjusters

I'm in the UK and these seats weren't from factory Si
  22. blueka

Seat adjusters

So, my "The North Face" /Limited seats have started leaning back whenever I accelerate and I'm assuming the lever is to blame (pictured) Can we get new ones? Is there a replacement or upgrade? Si
  23. blueka

Blueka's Elite Registry

Well, now that Christmas is out of the way, I've finally got around to installing new spot lights on the front. They're from rigid. I've had them about 3yrs or so. And I can also finally start installing the lift Si
  24. blueka

Wanted Dash surround

That's the one Si
  25. blueka

Wanted Dash surround

Yeah, I want it to all look factory. I really appreciate all your help Si
Back