Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. joshuaj0214

20th Anniversary All Ford Nationals, Jun 4-6 Carlisle, PA

We'll drag our ****boxes up for the festivities 🤪
  2. joshuaj0214

NM

Is it 4wd or 2? If its 4wd, I'd run it in 4 Hi so traction isn't a concern and it will launch hard
  3. joshuaj0214

Modify seats

I swapped in a set of Ford Freestyle seats in my 98 sport. I used the explorer power sliders but I had to build up a rear mount with some steel flat bar to catch the rear mounting holes on the seats. They are much more comfortable than the stockers and the right seat folds flat onto itself!
  4. joshuaj0214

How to: Convert V8 AWD to BW 4406 Manual Shift- A how to thread

I made my linkage from a piece of 3/16 flat bar. I put the case and shifter in 4 high then just measured the distance from the center of the 2 posts. I drilled the 2 holes to fit tightly on the 2 posts then used a washer and a snap ring on each end to hold the flat bar on. It's been on there for...
  5. joshuaj0214

I'll hive you 200 for the parts you listed. I'm in delaware so I can pick them up tomorrow night...

I'll hive you 200 for the parts you listed. I'm in delaware so I can pick them up tomorrow night or Saturday. Cash in hand!
  6. joshuaj0214

Cowl hoods

I always loved them too. They looked great on the mustang as well
  7. joshuaj0214

Cowl hoods

Is like to see some good options for our trucks also. I like cowl hoods but I haven't seen one yet that fits the lines of these trucks! I painted my grill 2 tone also because I thought it kinda set it off. Mine is a bright red 2 door with the mounty front end swap and I de-chromed the whole...
  8. joshuaj0214

October EF Lottery

2 years of All Fod Nationals in Carlisle,PA.
  9. joshuaj0214

Upgrading 1998 Explorer 4.0 to 2000 5.0 Issues

You need the ignition key switch and key, the anti-theft module, and the computer from the same vehicle. They are all linked together and must match! If any one of these components is swapped the system will disable the injectors and it will not run
  10. joshuaj0214

2016 Ford Nationals Carlisle, PA / EF 20th anniversary get together

No problem Andy and glad to hear your home and the truck ran great!
  11. joshuaj0214

Yeah man im so happy we took all three places! It was good talking with you also. Im definitely...

Yeah man im so happy we took all three places! It was good talking with you also. Im definitely interested in the brackets, just let me know what you want for them. Do you have the hardware too?
  12. joshuaj0214

2016 Ford Nationals Carlisle, PA / EF 20th anniversary get together

Serious Explorations took all 3 spots for the win!
  13. joshuaj0214

Hey Tyler you won! 1st place man congrats! This is josh by the way

Hey Tyler you won! 1st place man congrats! This is josh by the way
  14. joshuaj0214

EF 20th Anniversary Events - Planning for 2016!!!

Mark it on the calendar! Hope to see you guys next year
  15. joshuaj0214

Rhino line or plasti-dip? What do you guys think

Did you rattle can it or buy one of the kits? They also sell the top coat for the dip that's supposed to keep it from fading and staining but I've never used it
  16. joshuaj0214

Thank you sir! The paint has taken quite a beating over the years so I've been wanting to plasti dip it like yours. I'm torn between desert tan and the OD green
  17. joshuaj0214

Thanks! Feel free to copy whatever, I'm not the first to do it and definitely not the last! Lol
  18. joshuaj0214

Pic didn't load the first time
  19. joshuaj0214

I'd leave that limited alone too. I just re-did the flares and rockers on mine. It was originally herculiner but it fades after a few years so I went over top of it with the duplicolor bed liner in the rattle cans and I love the way it turned out
  20. joshuaj0214

Want to make my 98 Eddie Bauer different then most. Need lift ideas PLZ!

I'd start with cranking the torsion bars up (1.5-2" lift and free!) then do the add a leaf and warrior shackles in the rear. Rancho rs5000 shocks are really decent for the money and they list them for the explorer with 2 inches of lift. I got mine from amazon for 50$ each. You'll be able to...
  21. joshuaj0214

Second gen slider project

Yeah I would never attach them to the rockers. One good hit and the rocker would meet the door!
Back