Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Replacing door hinge bushings

fixed for now - I cut up a few beer cans to shim the hinge out from the door.
  2. M

Replacing door hinge bushings

Hello, I need to replace the hinge bushings on both doors, esp. lower hinges (this is for an '03 2 door). I've read the excellent write ups on this site, got a pair of Dorman 38438's but the bushings won't fit. Their web site says "Door hinge hole reaming may be required for installation"...
  3. M

Broken Gas Door Cover

Thanks det107 - tried again and it's there. My keypad is skipping a bit and I didn't check the number I entered. Napa Canada doesn't list this part. Napa Online lists it but I don't think they ship to Canada, at least I haven't found out how.
  4. M

Broken Gas Door Cover

Hello, I checked Napa web site for the spring, using # 770-2126 and couldn't find it. I went to a nearby Napa dealer and they couldn't find anything either. The local Ford dealer will special order the spring but it's $30.00 so that's out (out of principle). Any suggestions?
  5. M

Charging problem

My 96 Explorer has 230000 K on it. In the last few days the charging system (voltmeter) works fine for the first minute or so, then drops to, I suppose, 0 charge. The alternator and regulator have been replaced, but the problem hasn't gone away. Anybody know what's up?
Back