Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Year and 5 months and finally got my front windows tinted on my silver Sport. Next up is find a nice way to mount my dual aeroforce gauges. If not I'll have to buy a single and use their defroster vent pod.
  2. P

2014 Explorer Sport - Emergency Light Upfit

Came out great. I used the existing hole that was under the seat, aaaaannnnddd guess what, I forgot a wire. My grille lights are dual mode and I only ran 1 wire :angryfire:. I used the same grommet as you, but I fortified it with a decent amount of silicone anyway so the minimal gap wasn't too...
  3. P

2016 Explorer Hideaway Bulbs / LED's / Strobes

I had dual color Cannon 120s with Amber to dual function as a turn signal. However, I swapped them out for the Clear since I didn't like the way the amber looked, and also the 120s don't really "fill" the housing with color that well - They more or less over saturated where the bulb was and...
  4. P

Nice job @NickyB . I ended up doing the reverse bulb and the turn signals. I never thought I could get a light in that bottom area, especially a 360. Maybe ill consider that. I have dual color bulbs, so when the truck goes into reverse, all 4 hideaways flicker 3x and then steady burn white. I...
  5. P

Front Strut Bearings (2) Replaced

Does ford service still monitor the forums? I'm having this issue, brought it to the dealer and they said the clunking in hearing is normal. Makes no sense to me. Sounds to me like pushing it off until it's out of warranty. Only 17000 miles on it. Also did the TSB on my heated and cooled seats...
  6. P

Seat is cracking

Yes, I do take care of the leather. I use pretty expensive "LeatherMasters" 3 step process every several month. It's widely known as some of the best leather care out there. But the leather seems to be stretching and buckling rather then wearing out.
  7. P

Is this vibration normal?

I see a lot of posts here about tires and while it may be true for some, I don't think that's the cause for the newer vehicles. Here's what I experience: When *lightly* accelerating on the highway from about 45 and up (without having the car downshift) the car has a suttle vibration...
  8. P

Seat is cracking

How is your driver's side seat wearing? My 16 Sport has 17000 miles and the drivers seat, to me, seems to be wearing rather abnormally. I'm very easy on my things, so I'm not beating up in it. But the leather, center seat bottom is "buckling" lnd becoming loose/wavy. Also the back is starting...
  9. P

Routing Through Firewall

I've heard nothing but problems with that behind the glove box route. Also for the record: The P.I.Utility upfitters guide that many refer to, is just that, for the police interceptor. I've explored a countless amount of those and there's a lot less junk under the dash, and many more "cheats"...
  10. P

Routing Through Firewall

Anyone else tackled this on a newer explorer, 14-17? Seems the earlier models can access the grommet behind the glove box. Not so much for us later models, impossible. Even looking under the hood on my 16 sport, theres no where from the D/S top of the engine bay to get access, hell, couldnt...
  11. P

Ford Goes Cheap With Halogen Over HID On 2017

Not sure if youve noticed yet, but those LED lights are probably 10x better then the HIDs. Its definitely not a step backwards. Now the halogen highbeam is annoying but its just a bulb change away. I think the reason is because HIDs are projector style technology where as the LEDs use...
  12. P

Nick, I will be doing the same soon as well. Not sure if going with the 120 or 360 yet. However, the cannons are 3-mode lights. Meaning you can use them for turn signals or reverse lights. I havent seen hideaways yet installed in the turn signals of 16 explorers. Everyone seems to go in...
  13. P

Modified 2016 Police Interceptor Utility

Would love to see this! please post some pics or you can send directly to me :D Is it s "low Profile" interior install or you just mounted stuff in the open and drilled into the dash/panels?
  14. P

Modified 2016 Police Interceptor Utility

Sweet! So your saying the Sports and PI are at about the same ride height? I was wondering if the PI Springs were lower cause they seem to handle better. My unit at work has over 125 2016 PIU's :D
  15. P

Factory Privacy Glass

Tint meters are designed to have no margin of error. They have test strips to check the accuracy of them prior. 1% deviation requires recalibration. My 16 measures at 15% for the rear.
  16. P

Factory Privacy Glass

While some of this is correct, some of it is also incorrect for NY. SUV/SUV Style vehicles have no restrictions for rear windows. Fronts must always be 70% or greater transmittance
  17. P

Adding Switches

That thing is garbage. If youre hooking up any emergency equipment, dont even consider it! Itll constantly blow and eventually stop working altogether
  18. P

GF Performance Chip for Explorer

Stay away from anything with the word "CHIP" in it. Its all a joke. If you wont more out of your engine, get a tune from a reputable shop that actually does things the right way, instead of a hack job.
  19. P

Lowering the Explorer

Yeah, I wasnt comparing my Mustangs ride to my Explorer obviously, but I was basically just asking if the Ex is going to shutter pretty hard over small bumps in the road with the new springs. Even tho ride comfort is relative, Some people say "YES its obvious!!" and others say none at all lol...
  20. P

Lowering the Explorer

also anyone know if the interceptor springs are any different or lower then the Sports? I drive a 16 Interceptor Explorer at work and it seems to handle much much better then my 16 Sport. Anyone have any insight?
  21. P

Lowering the Explorer

Ok, I have a lowered mustang and LOVE the smooth ride of my 16 Sport. However, Im not really fond of the so-so handling of this thing. How much of a trade off of ride comfort (bump handling) am I going to sacrafice by lowering this thing? Im not really looking to be jolted in the seat every...
  22. P

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

I did the bulbs in my Mustang and never had an issue except blink plate bulbs. But seems like most people have a nightmare with the explorers. And I HATE buying things more then once, so ive been hesitating doing this..... Dont want a psycho rear light staying on cause that will drive me...
  23. P

Have any of the mods you've done...made your SUV look more like a cop car?

2016s are out and about. My unit has over 100 2016's on the streets. Been in service since the first of the year. Probably delivered over a month before that.
  24. P

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

Few questions, its tough with so many LEDS out there and cheapo ones..... Anyone have insight on whether you still need the radio shack resistors in the interior if the bulbs are "canbus error free"?? Also will these canbus-error free bulbs work in the turn signals and prevent the hyper...
Back