Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Roof Rack

i just went to REI to find about more about roof racks. i have a 2002 ford w/ a factory roof rack and the sales person said that i am required to buy a towers and new crossbars before i can add the actual snowboard clamps. i went home and looked up on yakima's site and found out a product where...
  2. A

angel eye halo

No they are not stock. check em out.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03-04-05-EXPLORER-XLS-XLT-HALO-PROJECTOR-FOG-LIGHTS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33709QQihZ019QQitemZ290012032925QQrdZ1 just to let you know.. they will look a lot better than what they appear in the pictures because...
  3. A

angel eye halo

fog lights w/ halo just throwing some ideas at you.
  4. A

installation from dealers

im about to get after market fog lights for my 2002 explorer and it only comes with the fog lights itself. no wiring kit, no switch, and no fog housing. (i didnt get the fog option when i bought it) i figured it'd be a lot easier to have the dealer install and get the rest of the parts. im just...
  5. A

High Idle

Everytime I fire up my Explorer from a cold start it idles at a very high RPM. It jumps up to- I'd say about 2500 and slowly decreases till about 1000 RPM in a matter of, 10-15 seconds? I don't ever recall my car performing like this in its prime. I have a 2002 4.6L V8. Anyone else have this...
  6. A

3rd gen setup

im having a tough time finding pictures of 3rd gen aftermarket off road wheel setups. now i know you cant lift'em.. just means by tire. pictures? any help appreciated. even keywords for search.
  7. A

Squeaky front end.

i have the same problem for mine but its an 02.
  8. A

fog housing

I plan to install fog lights on my explorer (I got my explorer without factory fog lights) and it came with these ugly things.. i looked on ebay and they sell everything BUT the fog housing for driver and passsenger side. anyone know where i can get a all in one package? or just the housing...
  9. A

Megaphone

anybody own a in-car megaphone or know where i can get additional info on this?
  10. A

Noisy Suspension

i get squeaky noises on my front suspensions but i tinhk thats cuase of dried mud
  11. A

muffler sound clip

ive been looking all over.. im trying to find a sound clip of a flowmaster for the 4.6l v8. any sound clip will help as long as its a 3rd gen x
  12. A

HELP me determine this wire

supposedly on the 02 model there is a 20-pin connector. so i did some research.. and i found this cable adapter. but im not sure how to wire it will this picture help you?
  13. A

is that the cd changer port? cause my ipod adapter installation requires a free cd changer port..
  14. A

im planning on wiring an ipod adapter to my car and for those of you who are famaliar with the requirements, this adapter plugs into the cd changer port through a cable. i opened up my head unit today and found out that the cd changer port is already being taken up. the funny thing is that i...
  15. A

warning about USA-SPEC/Circuit City.

cd changer button? i thought all u need was the COMP and the SHUFFLE button and now what are you going to buy? cuase im in your situation with my 02 and i need an auxbox as well
  16. A

wiring help

Need Wiring Help! im planning on wiring an ipod adapter to my car and for those of you who are famaliar with the requirements, this adapter plugs into the cd changer port through a cable. i opened up my head unit today and found out that the cd changer port is already being taken up. the funny...
  17. A

taking out head unit

dud u just use a flathead to pop it out?
  18. A

taking out head unit

anyone know how to safely remove the center trim so i can have access to remove my head unit?
  19. A

what size is this?

what are the disadvantages and advantages for spacers? any recomendations on what i should do to get a wider stance for my truck?
  20. A

what size is this?

no that is not what i mean. but thx anyways i got the topic covered.
  21. A

what size is this?

i want that look where the tires look like theyre poping out a little
  22. A

X @ Lytle Creek

not anything great like that.. but imagine this picture that i took BUT with an explorer.
  23. A

what size is this?

i photoshopped some random tires that i thought would look good for my X, and i think they do, its just i dont know what size these would be.. anyone have an idea of what tire size i should buy to replicate this picture of my X?
  24. A

stereo questions

can anyone tell me how to take off the trim on the 02 explorer so i can have access to the back of my stereo? im considering an installation for my ipod. thx. and anyone know if the stereo security code will take affect after power disconnection?
  25. A

How to drive auto tranny?

isnt Over Drive suppose to be helpful in towing situations? OVER DRIVE? i dont get it.. i thought over drive gave power. ive been using it wrong this whole time?
Back