Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

How to: IAC valve cleaning thread (w/pics)

2000 Explorer SOHC I've had the loud hum/drone/foghorn noise for a while now and last night decided to try and do something about it. It is present at all speeds but seems to be worse/louder between 20-40 mph. When I get on the highway it doesnt seem as bad. I read the threads on the IAC and...
  2. X

Drivetrain Shops in Southern NH

Izwack great call......it ended up being the Wheel Bearings. We did check them but apparently not the right way. Regardless, 00 XLT back in business....105k and still plenty of life left I hope. The guy I took it to, Domenic in Hampstead, NH was great if anyone ever needs anything done...
  3. X

Thanks...we have checked wheel bearings as well here and they are fine.
  4. X

Hoping someone in the area can give me a good recomendation here: My truck (2000 Ford Explorer 4wd) has been giving me trouble for a while now. What started off as a slight vibration at highway speeds has turned into a loud harmonic vibration at all speeds, both on the gas and coasting...
  5. X

Buying tires online

id try costco...if you have them in your area I just had them order my Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's and they were the best price around. $100.99 for tire........$9.99 mounting/balancing per tire Were shipped within 3 days (Free Shipping) great tire so far...cant wait for the snow to fly!
  6. X

my new revo's

yeah, please keep us updated, I have these on order from costco for my 00 XLT
  7. X

What are ppl's opinions on the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo Tires?

Im buying new tires within the next couple of weeks. I researched these at TireRack.com and they seem to be one of the best for what I will use them for. I do 75% highway driving, and live in New Hampshire so I go skiing up North a lot where I encounter a lot of snowy/dirt roads. these tires...
  8. X

Which Coolant to Buy?

ok thanks all my dad reccomends that I use De-Ionized water (Not Distilled)
  9. X

Which Coolant to Buy?

I apologize if this question is not worth asking but I always like to check around before I buy anything for my X. Which Coolant are you guys using? I'd get it at either Wal-Mart or one of the local Parts stores around here. (AutoZone, PepBoys, NAPA) thanks
  10. X

Help me decide on some Brake Pads!

ok, i went to autozone tonight and got the $19 Albany Pads after looking at them as well as the $37 PFC Carbons side by side, I really didnt notice any significant difference. will be installing them tomorrow
  11. X

ok, yeah like i said, ive used the albany's before on my old 92 XLT w/o any problems. I was just wondering if any of the others I listed (specifically the PFC Carbon Metallics) from AutoZone were significantly better. where as they both have the LifeTime Guarantee, I really don't mind...
  12. X

Sea Foam Info

mineral spirits will clean the injectors huh? I havent heard that before but thatd be great if it did because I can pick some of that up cheap at my work. Will 1 Can of SeaFoam be sufficient to use through the vac line as well as pour into the crankcase. 1/2 + 1/2 or: would it be better...
  13. X

Hi, I'm going to be picking up some front pads tomorrow for my 00 X. It's so nice and warm up here that I figured It was a good week to work on the X. I looked at AutoZone's website and they have this listed for my truck: 1) ALBANY MKD652 LLT $18.99 2) PFC-CARBON-METALIC...
  14. X

Sea Foam Info

which auto parts stores carry sea foam? I inquired about it at autozone last week and they don't carry it. I have access to Napa, VIP, and AutoZone primarily around here in Southern NH/NorthEast Mass
  15. X

Low Oil Pressure at Start-Up

nice, thank you how much do oil pressure sensors typically go for? $$
  16. X

Fram = HORRIBLE FILTER

so, would you think that the 5.0 v8 filter from Motorcraft is the one to get? 5.0 guys please chime in on the size of your filter relative to the SOHC. thanks -chris
  17. X

Fram = HORRIBLE FILTER

ok, thanks Billy. I don't go offroading so Knocking it loose is not a concern for me
  18. X

Low Oil Pressure at Start-Up

Hi, This winter has been very cold up here in New Hampshire and consequently, it takes a long time for the oil pressure to come up on my 00 SOHC. I was just wondering if you thinkin something may be wrong or is this just a function of the cold temps. (Near 0 most nights) p.s. I'm running...
  19. X

Fram = HORRIBLE FILTER

does anyone on here run a larger capacity filter than the FL-1A? Ive been doing some reading over at the oildrop forum and they seem to all be running a larger filter? I was thinking the one for the 5.0 v8 would be the one to get but I wasnt sure and wanted some feedback. thanks
  20. X

Brookline New Hampshire run November 30th

snocross, your at UNH? im a senior at UNH and was thinking of heading over to the run, not sure about my work schedue though
  21. X

4.0 SOHC Owners - What is your Avg. MPG and.... ??

2000 XLT 4.0 SOHC 3.73 LS Auto 18-20 mpg 75% Highway, 25% City
  22. X

Tranny fluid change

when I did mine, I dropped the pan and put in a new filter messy job but a job made easier if you jack up the X a little bit and also cut holes into a trash barrel cover and lay it on top of the standard black "catch-all" receptable that people use to change their oil
  23. X

Your Thoughts On Oil and Oil Filters

I use Castrol GTX 5w-30 and the Motorcraft FL1A Filter
  24. X

Oil Recommendation

u have an OHV
  25. X

UNH coming up!

hey, im a senior at UNH, majoring in communication and history...i live in dover and drive a 2000 XLT glad another explorer guy is around the area welcome to UNH
Back