Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

Nice!
  2. N

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

That is one sweet looking truck! I have same color and body style and mine is 2wd also, lol. Now I know what it would look like with some 33's. :)
  3. N

Air Bag Light suddenly came on?!?!?

Air Bag code 36 Hey everybody, Been having my air bag light flash 3 6 before going solid. I saw the list above for a 2001 Explorer Sport. I have a 2000 Sport. Don't know if it is the same, gonna try the solution the list gives but if someone has the list for that year, I would appreciate it.
  4. N

Exhaust preference

I installed a Cherry Bomb Glasspack on mine, right behind the cat and turn down off the glasspack, 2.5 in. I like the sound and it was cheap, I only spent $52 for the muffler, adapters and the clamps.
  5. N

2000 Explorer - Need advice

I have a 2000 Explorer and I love it! I have a manual trans though, so I can't tell you anything about the auto trans, that being said, I had to replace the ball joints in mine before I hit 100k, and the only other items replaced have been normal wear items. Good luck with you decision.
  6. N

01 sport - 4.0 SOHC STS turbo charged (Project complete)

Jakee, Great thread! I have been following your build from your N/A thread as well. Can't wait for some more video of the tire smoking turbo action! I would love to go turbo on my X as well, I do have a tranny question for you and James though. How well do you think a manual transmission would...
  7. N

new Blackjack pics

Spas, I think some of the confussion about your situation comes from not knowing every detail of your finances, but I can tell you this; I believe you are getting this input from the previous posters because they do care about you and your situation. I agree wholeheartly about making your debts...
  8. N

my diy 4.0 ohv turbo build

Very interesting, am subscribing to see more.
  9. N

adjust your TPS (another free hp mod)

Checked my TPS today, it read .889 vdc, I just had to loosen the screws to make the adjustment. Now it reads .963 vdc. I drove to work and it does seem to have a better response to my right foot. I don't know if I will see any improvement to my mileage, I only drive it on the weekends to my...
  10. N

adjust your TPS (another free hp mod)

Subsrcibing
  11. N

Horrible MPG in v6

And how much does this Zmax cost? Is it worth buying for the gas milage increase?
  12. N

the best way to make a 2.5'' cowl hood

Sorry, I guess it would help if it was for your year model.
  13. N

the best way to make a 2.5'' cowl hood

http://www.explorerexpress.com/cowl-induction-hood-9501-explorer-p-89.html?osCsid=2bb251f625246fc8209372c5e8000d7e This is a reinforced fiberglass hood for the Explorer from Explorer Express. I don't know if this is out of your price range, but it would be a lot easier to install and would...
  14. N

95-98 Headers on 2000 OHV V-6

Thanks, if I see anything, I will post it here.
  15. N

95-98 Headers on 2000 OHV V-6

Will 95-98 OHV V-6 headers fit a 2000 OHV V-6?
  16. N

4.0 OHV into 4.0 24v COSWORTH

Damn! That sounds wicked! :burnout: Almost makes me want to throw one in my Explorer. Good work, looks like it runs strong.:thumbsup:
  17. N

4.0 OHV into 4.0 24v COSWORTH

This is too cool!! Got any pics of the engine in the vehicle? :ttiwwp:
  18. N

Modified Ford Racing 4.6 Mustang Throttle Body

Since I have a 4.0 OHV, the only option I have is to buy the BBK tb? Why wouldn't doing a similar mod to my stock tb work? Or should I but the BBK, and mod it?
  19. N

Modified Ford Racing 4.6 Mustang Throttle Body

I have a 4.0 OHV, I know about the BBK tb, but I don't understand why I wouldn't benifit from doing a similar mod to my stock tb, or should I have the BBK one modded? (I can do the work on the tb shaft/screw ass'y and polish the bore, but I don't have the tools to bore it out.)
  20. N

Calling all NC Wheelers!!!!!!!!

Hey Neighbor! See ya around. :thumbsup:
  21. N

Calling all NC Wheelers!!!!!!!!

I can't do the Uwharrie, (2wd with street tires), but I would be willing to meet at the zoo or in Asheboro. My wife and daughter love the zoo. I just have to wait till after the 1st of the year.
  22. N

new Blackjack pics

Lindsy, I have to agree about putting another body on the frame after a wreck like that. It would be more work and money with questionable results and safety if you were to get into another accident. Take what you can off of Blackjack and find another Sport to continue on with or choose another...
  23. N

Hey...

Welcome to the club! There is more info in here than you can shake a stick at. ;)
  24. N

new Blackjack pics

Sorry to hear about your loss, I say you should take everything that is still usable and find another chassis. Let the reconstruction begin! "Blackjack, Explorer. A truck barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first...
  25. N

Fixing a lowered X's alignment?

Has anyone tried these type of camber adjusters? http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_119526_-1 I am going to call Jegs to find out if you reuse your existing bolts with this type of adjuster. I just got off the phone with the tech from Jegs, he says the...
Back