Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Rear suspension sagging

These are words that 99% of the drivers that I encounter on the road should take to heart. Although I try to keep a safe following distance, I'm guilty of following too close sometimes as well. I get tailgated almost everwhere that I go. Now that we successfully hijacked the thread... Does...
  2. B

changing dome light?

bump
  3. B

changing dome light?

I just went to replace the same lights. I found that one plug is missing. No bulb, no grey plastic piece. SO my first question is, where can I get another plug? The other one, I replaced the bulb, but I think i screwed it up. There doesnt appear to be anything metallic touching the...
  4. B

What do you think of these wheels?

Rice!
  5. B

97 with 17K what to do

The truck is loosing value with each day that passes. Low miles or not, explorers are pretty much a dime a dozen. It will never be a classic. Unless you're going to make your other truck a dedicated off roader, and use the 97 X as your daily driver(which is rather silly) Id say get rid of it...
  6. B

drive faster

do the math and get an exact MPG for the trip, either way. The wind speed and direction could also play a role in your mileage
  7. B

Maryland State Police newest cars

nope...they are naturally aspirated, and they are fast as hell.
  8. B

holy ****e! STOCK SRT-8 60.....1.89 330....5.32 1/8....8.11 MPH...86.56 990....10.47 1/4....12.56 MPH....111.50 And the video of a 12.6: http://www.challengevideos.com/2005/notears/05notearsb.php
  9. B

the Charger with a 6.1L Hemi in it is no joke. While we are bench racing... From Car and Driver for the 300C(same car):
  10. B

intercooler

holy big intercooler batman.
  11. B

I'm New & Is Anyone running a Gutted Cat or a Test Pipe?

I dont know how this is possible since I believe that it is a federal offense to tamper with a catalytic converter. IIRC any shop that finds a missing or non-functional cat, must replace them with OEM parts(or parts that meet OEM standards) by law.
  12. B

Best size speakers for doors

To mount them, do you just use self tapping screws? or what?
  13. B

Need opinions on tires

Im interested in this thread also. I'll be in the market for tires in the next few months. Ill be doing almost all road driving with very light off road use, if any at all. What size tire do you guys recommend for stock 16" wheels? Also, any suggestions on where to get the good deals for...
  14. B

lifting engine via oil pan

sounds risky to me.
  15. B

Cold Starts = High Idle

I thought that was normal. I had a Brand new 04 subaru that did the same thing since day 1. I assumed that it was just programmed into the ECU to warm up the engine. when it got closer to normal operating temperature, it went to normal idle speed. My explorer does the same thing, so I wasnt...
  16. B

The Kenne Bell Explorer offically made 400rwhp!

man thats a nice torque curve right there. Good stuff.
  17. B

Amsoil

I used Amsoil in my Subaru WRX. I personally think that Amsoil is one of the best oils out there. I talked with one of their sales reps, and he did a Comparison for me. The comparison we did was with Mobil 1 Synthetic, because I told him thats what I was using at the time. He converted me to...
  18. B

I was just gonna say, My brother is a salesman for a dodge dealer. He wants to buy one, but apparently you need a badge to order it. He said that MAYBE, he can get one if somebody orders it and decides not to pick it up.
  19. B

Shudder in the drivetrain going over speed bumps

I just got in the truck and moved it to the other side of the parking lot. it seems that I only get the noise when going UP hill over the speed bumps. Going down hill, It was either not there or almost nonexistent. I'd imagine the reason for this is that there is more strain on the drivetrain...
  20. B

How to deal with recalls?

What is this website you speak of? is it for your explorer specifically? or generally 99 explorer sports?
  21. B

Sterring is not affected. Im going in a straight line, literally Idling over a speed bump in the parking lot at work. 5mph tops. Today, I turned off the radio and listened. I get a couple soft clunks(barely audible) as I am cresting and coming off of the speed bump. I can also feel the...
  22. B

Ok, heres the deal. I have a shudder in the drivetrain when I go over speed bumps at a very low speed...I almost idle over them. I can feel the shudder, but im not sure if I can hear it. I have to pay real close attention tomorrow. I feel it when the rear wheels go over the bump. Does...
  23. B

Top Speed ?

man, 100+ in my stock explorer would be scary. I've hit 120 in my WRX with room for more, and it was very stable.
  24. B

1999 sport with 73k miles on it what should i offer??

You got yourself a slammin' deal on that truck.
  25. B

1999 sport with 73k miles on it what should i offer??

yeah man, good thinking. lowball them for sure. I would say 4k plus trade is absolutely the top price you should pay.
Back