Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

All 02-05 Mountys have 3rd row & leather, right?

Own a V6 02 Mounty with 3rd row, Cloth seats and AWD. That is definitely a V6 w/ AWD and NO 3rd row. No way in hell I can fit a tire iron in either my Mounty's or Explorer's storage area with the space given w/ the 3rd row.
  2. C

Still rough, nothing left to fix

Had that happen on my e-250. 4.6 engine. No light just a funky idle. Bought a set of Accel coils and stock plugs. Took care of it and was the cheaper solution.
  3. C

03 Mountaineer 4.0l how to know why AWD parts missing?

Also if your coupling was good the car would be able to roll without the front driveshaft. I have not had mine roll, but still good practice to use the E-Brake.
  4. C

You have a BW4410. Used in the 02-05 AWD vehicles. A BW4411 would bolt in but the amount of wiring and electronics involved is prohibitive. And the BW4406 will not bolt up. Totally different bolt patterns on t-cases.
  5. C

So someone actually took the time to disassemble the half shafts leaving just the outer joint and axle stub? Maybe the previous owner just wanted to convert to 2wd. If not there is a post somewhere with pics of someone replacing the coupling with the t-case in the vehicle. Just removed the...
  6. C

Here is a link to a previous post. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279713 and the part in the transfer case that failed http://www.stecouplers.com/recharge/pop/product001.html
  7. C

Viscous Coupling in Transfer Case is toast. Also Do some searches but I am pretty sure you need the front axles in if it was originally AWD or you risk your front hubs failing. I did the same thing you did. Bought one cheap with cracked diffs and a toasted transfer case. Replaced diffs and...
  8. C

How long for OBDII Self test to complete?

Just found this site: http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html Maybe this weekend I will be able to run through it. Just hate driving around with the rejection sticker.
  9. C

How long for OBDII Self test to complete?

Finished swapping a new (timing chains intact) engine into my 05 4.0. After 75 miles went to get inspection. Tech said it was not ready and to drive it. I did that. Put maybe 150-175 on it and was ready to take it in again. Of course the night before I do my alt dies. Pulled alt and rebuild...
  10. C

Cheap Lift?

btf-fab.com
  11. C

Cylinder Misfire - Tried everything I can think of?

It really isn't that bad. I had the hood off for more room, and I recommend you do. Made it so much easier to get to the back bolts.
  12. C

Wanted 1st Gen Sunroof Insert/Cover - Tan

Are you looking for the sliding part? Have a 98 I am taking apart now. Gray interior though.
  13. C

Charged ac fail now it doesn't work

Buy the can that comes with the cheapy gauge. 2000rpm should be at 28psi.
  14. C

Changing plug wires on v6 now help! Tip?

Just throwing this out there. Does it go away after highway driving when the temp is below 60? Tires/ tire pressure. Air does expand when it is hot. Possible flat spot in tire. Only thing I can think of that air temp would affect.
  15. C

Manual XFR swap into in a Mounty

How about an adapter to bolt to the 5R55W transmission for another manual transfer case?
  16. C

Cost for pressing out and in a bearing!

Local guy was $97.00 for bearing and labor. Seems a bit high.
  17. C

Manual XFR swap into in a Mounty

Back story purchased an 02 Mounty w/ a seized viscous coupling. Rear diff was cracked, front axle housing bushing shot. Have replaced both axle housings and all driveshaft from a used explorer. Was planning on replacing the viscous coupling, but really would like 4LO. Has anyone ever swapped the...
  18. C

2003 Front End Wheel Differential

I didn't take pics. But did it on my back alone. I use six ton jack stands which give you slightly more room and have a wider base. Took longer to take apart the spindles then to drop the axle housing and put it back in.
  19. C

2003 Front End Wheel Differential

Just did this. Everything above, but also had to remove the sway bar end links and then the driver's side sway bar mounting bracket to get enough clearance to slide one of the diff mounting bolts out. Hardest part like everyone else said is removing the spindle from the balljoints. Maybe the...
  20. C

Time to retire the Explorer to recycling yard?

Should at least get $400 from the junkyard. (at least in MA) They told me the prices of steel are going down soon though. CL is worth a try, but can be a hassle. Parting it out is time consuming and then you have to get rid of the rest of car.
  21. C

How to Turn of keyless entry on 2003 ford explorer sport

The problem is his friend has the factory code. If you do a search there is a way to change the factory code, but you have to open the module and rearrange the five resistors.
  22. C

parting out 3rd gen 2002-2005 explorer

Are both diff's available? If you can put them on a pallet I can set up and prepay freight.
  23. C

FS: Two sets of Radius Bushings

I have two sets of radius arm bushings; Moog part #80007 Asking $30.00 each. Includes shipping. Email: dantepoles@gmail.com
Back