Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Dannyboy

410Fortune 1988 Ford Bronco II Eddie Bauer 4x4

LOL, Life is pretty busy these days & I sold my last Explorer in 2014, but I saw an email notification from Jamie & was thinking “I bet I have some of those shafts & washers laying around.” There is a very special group of members in this forum that I’ve had some epic times on the trail &...
  2. Dannyboy

410Fortune 1988 Ford Bronco II Eddie Bauer 4x4

I think I have a pile of those splined washers in my toolbox, I’ll take a look for ya!
  3. Dannyboy

PLAN B Build

Glad to see the hood & rear shock mounts make their way into yet another forum member’s hands! I talked myself out of buying this truck a couple times.
  4. Dannyboy

Bkennedy's SAS and Rebuild Thread

Sorry to hear about this Brian. Here is a cheap one in your colors. https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/d/ford-explorer-94/6287017243.html
  5. Dannyboy

Serious Explorations 20th anniversary video

Great video Rick! I forgot how many exciting trips and places I've been with this crew!!!
  6. Dannyboy

October 2014 TOTM - Scary Moments

Sweet! I was just looking at this photo last week right after I sold the truck. Things escalated quickly...
  7. Dannyboy

Dannyboy's Re-Registry

Sold the truck last night. It is a sad day, but there is just not enough time in the year. I put about 100 hours on the boats this year, business is booming & baby boy #2 is due in March. Also, moving back down to Phoenix from Vegas as our dealership is growing into a 2nd location.
  8. Dannyboy

Running Offroad Lights Using the Foglight Curcuit

I would recomend using a relay. I tried this back in the day and burned up my headlight switch. It literally had a smoked black mark on the circuit board. That was the last time I tried to run anything on the factory wiring without a relay.
  9. Dannyboy

For Sale R.J.'s Navajo. 35's, Coilovers, Roll Cage (SoCal)

I have driven this truck in a wash pinned in 5th gear and watched it run on the rocks and then drive home. It is worth every penny of $5,300. Somebody is going to get one hellova truck.
  10. Dannyboy

Dannyboy's Re-Registry

I actually was texting that guy. I've been so buzy and engulfed with my job right now I haven't had the time to post listings all over.
  11. Dannyboy

Dannyboy's Re-Registry

Yup. Drove it to work the past 2 days. Certainly running very rich. I listed the truck at 7k & personally think it's a fair price considering everything I know it has. It's a bit rough running due to the time it has sat, but it works! Ideally, this truck is ready for 1 more transformation...
  12. Dannyboy

Dannyboy's Re-Registry

As Stic-o knows, the truck is back out West. I drove it about 15 miles today, which is the first time I've driven the truck since fall of 2010. It's up for sale out here but also tugs at the heartstrings when I spend time cleaning it up and driving it.
  13. Dannyboy

Wireless Rear View Camera on '08 Adrenalin + RV Trailer

Ideally a go-pro on a magnet or nylon strap with point-of-view capability vie bluetooth to a phone or the screen in the truck is what I'm thinking.
  14. Dannyboy

Wireless Rear View Camera on '08 Adrenalin + RV Trailer

This is awesome. I have been wanting a backup camera on the back of my boat trailer for bringing it into the garage. Is the unit waterproof!!!
  15. Dannyboy

Whitey turns red build thread!

Khris, the truck has come together nicely. I will be a bachelor for a couple weeks starting July 23. Let me know if any runs are going on and you need a spotter/passenger/drone pilot!
  16. Dannyboy

California Explorer Spottings

I have an interested buyer. I fear that if I drive it, I'll put it in the shop for $5,000 in upgrades again!!!
  17. Dannyboy

install of a mini spool

Depending on how mechanically inclined you are, it's not bad. If I recall, you just pull out the c-clips, slide out the shafts, remove the spider & side gears & replace with the mini spool. I ran one in my 8.8 & would say I'm not too much of a mechanic, but certainly up for the do it yourself...
  18. Dannyboy

How to: Trimming the rockers under the doors.

Tough to see & I really didn't care about cosmetics, especially when my fiberglass fenders were pretty worked, but I welded a tube with a tab & used a trick bolt/washer to hold on my fender.
  19. Dannyboy

Truck Haven 2013 Rock/Sparks run Pic/vids

Great pics guys. It brings back memories. Big tires on Dana 35 gets you approximately 400-500 miles prior to needing to tighten up the double nut thingy. I have a ton of those splined washers and locking nuts. I will see if I have them in my field cases in my garage or if they are in...
  20. Dannyboy

1985 Crestliner Crusader

Congrats! You know there is a procedure that goes with renaming a boat. http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/rename.htm
  21. Dannyboy

DBR/Giant 64 Ranger to Explorer

This is an awesome build. I went with the corbeau seats in my explorer. They had a smaller version for the rear buckets I used and at 6'4" I still fit & don't mind riding back there.
  22. Dannyboy

You testing the tow hitch or rear bump stops? Lol. I have a few trucks if you ever need a hand takng that out to the desert to do some testing. I'd be glad to give you a tow.
  23. Dannyboy

Any luck selling on forum or ?

There are several advantages to being an elite member ranging from supporting a site for a few bucks a year that typically saves members hundreds if not thousands in resources, to gaining membership benefits. We are a tight knit group here, reserving the for sale section for elite members was a...
  24. Dannyboy

Towing 4x4 behind motorhome

I'm not an expert but I did a bit of research about towing an Xterra my wife owns. Without a manual transfer case, it is recommended to remove driveshafts I believe. *edit- rear driveshaft only that is. 2wd on dash selector would be same on front drive components as it is going down the road...
  25. Dannyboy

I'm in Wisconsin right now. I should get my truck loaded up & get it on a trailer Westbound. Truckhaven roadtrip would be a good time.
Back