Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

repair shops

For those of you that dont do your own mods, where do you take them to, like in the Chicago area??????
  2. B

The Kenne Bell Explorer offically made 400rwhp!

Where did you get it tuned???? :D
  3. B

Badlands Sunday August 14th (midwest area)

I'd like to go. I'm completely stock. How do you think it would do? I'm not looking to get any body damage.
  4. B

03 4.0L Explorer Rough Idle

Check the harmonic balancer. It might have seperated at the rubber part. We just had 1 the other day.
  5. B

explorer vs early bronco

If given a choice would you rather go off road with an explorer or and early bronco????? Trying to decide which 1 to keep.
  6. B

What do you think my truck worth

Brad, You have a PM.
  7. B

What do you think my truck worth

What are you doing selling her already???? Am I going to have to buy it back???? Ryan.
  8. B

Buying a new Explorer...

I think you should spend a little more and buy mine.
  9. B

Rear wiper fix?

I work at ford, and we just replace the arm. Works fine.
  10. B

programming a dead key fob?

Cycle the key on and off 8 times. On the eighth time leave the key forward and push the lock button on 1 remote and then do the same on the other. They should both respond by locking and unlocking the doors. If they do they are both programmed, and then shut the key off. Note.......you...
  11. B

I'm new to 4x4s and want to buy a used explorer. Need Help!

I can hook you up with a 1994 limited, asking $ 5500.00
  12. B

I'm new to 4x4s and want to buy a used explorer. Need Help!

I've got a nice 1 for ya. As far as towing, a 1300 lbs. boat would be no problem. Probably wont even affect your mileage.
  13. B

Midwest Explorers?

I would definately be in for a club with some local activities and runs. Let me know.
  14. B

4x4 clubs

Is there anyone in the Chicago land area( 50 or so miles around), that has a 4x4 club or explorer club that they belong to that gets together regularly for any runs, locally? Just looking for somewhere to go without traveling a long distance.
  15. B

Reprograming 94 keyless entry remote

There is a jumper connector in the drivers side rear compartment in the cargo area, two wires. Turn the key forward to the run position and jump over the 2 wires, when the door locks, lock and unlock remove the wire and push a button on the remote, the doors will lock and unlock again...
  16. B

Will a relay still "click" without power?

A relay can still click without power, if it is the constant power and not the switched power. The solenoid can click and complete the circuit but wont work if there is no constant power to the relay to compete that circuit, if that makes sense.
  17. B

Air Conditioning Problems

It's hard to tell by pressures, due to they change with temperatures. Thats why your a/c does not run when it gets very cold outside, because the low side pressure gets to low to cycle the switch. Best way is to reclaim and evacuate the system and start from scratch.If you do still have a...
  18. B

:hammer: Smoking Turn Signal/steering column!??

I'm not sure what causes this to happen, guessing a short internal in the switch. I bought it at a Ford dealer, but cant remember how much it cost, I dont remember it being to bad.
  19. B

It had both at 1 time, and just smoke another time. Yes I changed it myself. A couple of screws on the column shrouds and 2 hold the switch in.
  20. B

I think the system only holds just less than 2 cans of R134a, so if you are not sure how much you started with, it may very well be overcharged. I would start with an empty system and take it from there. Also if you are converting an R12 system over, it may not blow as cold with the 134. I...
  21. B

I had that problem on my 99 limited. I replaced the multifunction switch and problem solved. Hopes that helps.
  22. B

cd lights/clock don't work

From past experience it is probably in the radio unit itself. The only repair is to replace or have your local ford dealer remove it and send it in for repairs.
  23. B

It sounds like you either have a restriction, like maybe the orifice, or the system is overcharged. Both can cause high pressures like you have.I would need more info to help much further.
  24. B

Looking to buy old explorer, ?'s about mileage, reliability, etc..

I have to agree with the others, I have 129,000 miles on mine and still running strong, only routine maint done, and my last explorer I sold with 165,000 miles on it and I see still running around town to this day. If interested I have a white 94 limited for sale priced in your range. Any...
  25. B

r134a recharging

SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT SPOT, IF YOU ARE BY THE ACCUMALATOR (DRYER) THEN THAT SHOULD BE THE LOW SIDE.
Back