Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. white95explorer

beefing up the stock front axel??

You might be able to find someone that can beef up your from axle shafts for you if not build new ones. With the transfer case there are several posts on here talking about swaps. I plan on swapping a BW 1354 t case, which is manually engaged 4x4. Just do a search for BW 1354 swap. It still...
  2. white95explorer

Removing drive shaft - can you advise?

I used a 12pt 12mm socket with a 1/2in breaker bar on mine. Once i got them out i had to use a flat pry bar to then drop the driveshaft out. The driveshaft in mine was kinda stuck up in there pretty good and kicking and pulling didnt work. With the flat pry bar you just push on the drive...
  3. white95explorer

Wont run after recharging battery

I do know that on some cars with factory anti theft systems, if you remove the battery you do have to reset something in the computer. What happens is the computer thinks that someone could be stealing your car so you have to reset or do something to the computer. I think the dealer could tell...
  4. white95explorer

Which tire to choose?

Ive been running 31's on my 95 stock and didnt have any problems with them. I love the ones I got on there right now too. They are A/Ts but are really aggressive. Sport King is the name of them and there are Mud King too, which are made by BFG but not under their name. You can do a search on...
  5. X in Alaska

X in Alaska

My ride when I was up in good ole Alaska
  6. X in Alaska

X in Alaska

My ride when I was up in good ole Alaska
  7. white95explorer

tranny slips, i think, not sure if its normal

Yeah it has gears and chains like you said, and i personally dont know all of the in's and out's so maybe someone else has an idea. Another thing maybe you could do to just test out the tranny is try putting a load on it without it in 4wd. If you are out on Fort Riley, I'm sure you could find...
  8. white95explorer

In need of braided fuel line 97 4.0L SOHC :-(

Correct me if i'm wrong but i thought you could buy kits to make your own braided lines?
  9. white95explorer

Well if you swapped 1354 in there nevermind about the BW 4405 t case. Still, if you can drive around normally without being in 4WD and without slippage then it might not be the transmission.
  10. white95explorer

Can't get mud tire in my size?!

Try these Mud King tires. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LT-235-75R15-Mud-King-Tire_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ66473QQitemZ8045407525QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW I have been running their All Terrain Sport King tires, which really are more like Mud tires, and never had a problem getting out of...
  11. white95explorer

sheared off the bleeder screw

You can go out and buy a cheap propane type torch from places like Walmart. Use that to heat up the bleeder nut which should help to break it loose from the caliper. If you sheared it off you might then be able to drill/tap the screw out or like ChrisWells said try using a hammer and...
  12. white95explorer

BTW 4 Low with a BW 4405 is an actual 4 Low so that sounds like why 4low works but not high
  13. white95explorer

Hold on a sec. It probably isnt your tranny if you havent noticed it during normal driving conditions. Do you have a Control Trac system for your 4wd? If so that could be part of the problem. To my understanding, the Control Trac uses the Bord Warner 4405 transfer case which uses clutches to...
  14. white95explorer

sheared off the bleeder screw

An easy way to still bleed the brakes is just crack open the actual brake line going to the cylinder. Its not the best way to do it, but it beats buying new parts.
  15. white95explorer

Leaf Springs

Anyone out there have any idea?
  16. white95explorer

Help Asap

Why wont the lift gate open?
  17. white95explorer

Stalls on startup when hot

Could it be a fuel filter? It could fire up fine but as PSI goes up after driving and fuel starts going through the filter it could get stuff stirred up or clogged? The other thing I was wonder what is your temp reading at?
  18. white95explorer

Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread

So for reservations you just need to call them?
  19. white95explorer

Snorkel for 95 X

Thanks everybody for the help and advice!
  20. white95explorer

A/C Air Compressor

Thanks for the info. Thats what I was looking to do. I'll have to do some more measurements and what not to figure out where exactly I wanna put it. On a side note... I was looking at that link inh posted and I like that air tank bumper. I already built a front bumper and was about ready to...
  21. white95explorer

Leaf Springs

First off, I know that there is alot of posts dealing with solid front axle's and springs. What I am trying to figure out is what exact spring I should end up running if I were to go to SFA. I have heard run jeep grand wagoneer springs. I understand that if you are doing the swap you can...
  22. white95explorer

A/C Air Compressor

I was wondering if anyone out there knows anything about taking your AC compressor and turning it into a air compressor. I have seen it done on a Jeep when I was in Alaska but didn't know where he got the parts from.
  23. white95explorer

Axle identification guide

Wow! Thats a great guide!
  24. white95explorer

Clutch pedal very hard

Why in the world would you do this? At best you are just gonna make the clutch slip and second you take a good chance burning that lube up on the clutch disc.
  25. white95explorer

Code 646 - OD Flashing

Back track for a second. You are a getting a code saying incorrect 2nd gear ratio. This is should be telling you the actual gear ratio that is wrong. My question is, are there any drivablity issues? You said that there were not, but for you to be getting that code it seems kinda weird that...
Back