Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Proper tire size for 20s??

What are people's experiences/opinions of 255/35/20. Would they be too low profile, and how different would they be from stock? Anyway check out Wheelmax.com they got some good prices, Not sure if they would fit, because they don't list Bolt pattern. Good luck
  2. X

Window Tint

Hey Liqiudx9, You don't happen to know the type( brand/color/anything to help me find it) of tinting material the shop used. If you did that would be great. I'm trying to do the same, but came up short with matching to the factory bronze tint.- thanks
  3. X

Wiring Help

What type light What kind of hellas did you purchase. I bought some crappy Optilux series and i keep blowing th fuse also.
  4. X

how do you use a Scotch-Lock

Thanks you so much, i cuold not figue out what they were talking about, is getting ray ogive up and bring it to a shop.
  5. X

how do you use a Scotch-Lock

i am installing some fog lights,and i ithink i have the scotch lock but i am not sure how to use it, i need to conect one wire from the fog to the lead in the low beam and don't know how to use it.
  6. X

sound system

JBL I have 2 10" inch jbls GT's and they hit pretty hard for a 10 incher, they are better then some 12 inch. They are powered by Mono 300.1 JBL amp. I also have a sony HU and Its not really a big deal. If you have a choice get 12'' inch GT's, they are only like 10 dollars more. Sony makes...
  7. X

Street Explorer project

HEy icepick, how did you paint your bumpers aren'y they metal. Thanks
  8. X

Lowering an Explorer

HEy Bill, How do you like that B&M shift Kit.
  9. X

Quick qestion on speed grills

I also am alittle stumped about that situation. I have heard people use a flathead screwdriver to lift the latch or install a relocation latch, or something , to move it.
  10. X

Nitrous Oxide Systems

I have a '97 XLT V6 SOHC stock engine, with 102,000 miles and was wondering if it was wise to install a nitrous system, does anybody knoes anything about it and could suggest some products. Thanks
  11. X

Changing Pedals

Thanks for the info , ill try that
  12. X

Changing Pedals

Anybody know how to remove the factory gas and brake pedals for a '97 XLT and replace with new ones
  13. X

Front turn signal bulbs

Does anybody know that bulb number for a '97 XLT, front turn signals, and where i could get good quality colored ones. Thanks
  14. X

Advice on Clear Tails

Thanks everbody for the information.
  15. X

extreme dynamat install

Thanks for the info.
  16. X

extreme dynamat install

Until recently my hatch hasn't rattled, until i installed a new sony head unit, now it rattles. I was wondering much dynamat did you use, where, and how did you removed the back panel. Thanks
  17. X

Cataloges???

Try www.explorerexpress.com and www.performanceproducts.com, both will give up a cataloge, but for preformance products you request a ford cataloge
  18. X

Advice on Clear Tails

Hey i was wondering if any could give me so good advice on Clear tails for a '97 XLT. Could you suggest some. Does anyone known that legality of these in Maryland. thanks.
Back