Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

I’ve changed cars a few times. Now I have a 05 Audi S4 6sp. Much faster than my boosted...

I’ve changed cars a few times. Now I have a 05 Audi S4 6sp. Much faster than my boosted explorer. Just reminiscing.
  2. K

Tips on Buying '03 Sport?

I love mine. I wouldnt be selling it if I didnt get a new DD. ;) (for a lot cheaper than the one your looking at) I dont have any big complaints. Ive tried to keep up with maitenece. only thing that every acted up was the relays for the intermittent wipers and then occassionally the rear wiper...
  3. K

Roll call

Welcome Rust. Looks like we have a few explorers from Ohio in here now...
  4. K

Twin Turbo 306

:( no more s/c means you can now forget me...
  5. K

Completed Project My 98 super charged EX

Looks nice. theres some subtle changes/customizations (even in the s/c kit) that I like.
  6. K

2001 limited conversion to Sport Trac - done...

Looks good... With all that work why didn't you paint the lower part black to match? I think that'd finish it off nicely.
  7. K

HID installation problem.

am I reading the price of their kits properly? $42??? That could be your issue right there.
  8. K

Scope of work to replace tranny? Any tips?

The tranny isnt lite. I didnt have a tranny jack and used my regular jack and it was extremely awkward. After removing the tranny and almost dropping it oof the jack I said screw it and "benched" the tranny from there on out. I would say it weighs anywhere from 100 - 150 lbs First time it took...
  9. K

Neutral and 4th only

tranny is back into place. a synchro was popped out of place causing the tranny to not shift properly. the pin is presumably a detent for neutral between 3rd and 4th. Road test will happen once i get a jump... got a jump. synchro popped back out causing the same issue to occur. now for a...
  10. K

HID Kits Using Magnetics to Move the Arc?

I just helped a buddy install those on his CR-V... they are.. texon lighting edit: oops the ones he used moved the bulbs magnetically not via arc.
  11. K

Neutral and 4th only

I have a m5od (5-spd) transmission. It would not shift into any other gear but 4th. However I did have neutral. This led me to believe it was an issue with the top end of the tranny. I was unable to remove it with the tranny in place. So... I followed write ups how to remove the...
  12. K

1st Gen Clutch Replacement Tips & Tricks

I know this is an old thread but is it necessary to drain the transmission??
  13. K

Is it worth $5500?

I enjoy my 5spd sport... Ill sell you mine =)
  14. K

13" cobra brakes for ifs 4x4?

well your link isnt working...
  15. K

Whats the best sub woofer for $350 and under?

I used to be a JL leg humper but then switched to a Shocker (old brand from ohio) and havnt looked back. Jl's arnt worth the high price tag.
  16. K

supercharger is installed!!!

the caster kit will fit your sport as well. I currently have it on my sport. (which im trying to sell) ;)
  17. K

Turbocharging a 3rd Gen. Explorer...

they have superchargers.
  18. K

Before and Now

looks good.... confused by the roof shot tho???
  19. K

how can i improve horsepower and torque with little or no cost?

first off remove the vortex. dyno tests have shown no improvement. remove unneeded weight (spare, roof rack ... also aids in improved gas mileage). intake and exhaust are the most restrictive parts on a stock engine. upgrade those and youll gain a small amount. a probably much needed tune up...
  20. K

Wipers only go 1 speed

the relays for the wipers are bad. swap them out and you should be fixed.
  21. K

Powerstroke into an Explorer?

going along those same lines... This old man, he played one, He played knick knack with his thumb, With a Knick, knack, paddy whack, Give the dog a bone; This old man came rolling home.
  22. K

he asked for advice. your posts didnt suffice. try again. maybe then, hell think twice. (limericks are my favorite types of poems...)
  23. K

For the cost and man hours. You're not getting much power. Dont hesitate to go V8. Previous swaps to lead you straight. Thats just my opinion. Is it your daily transportation?
  24. K

First Timer

Its off of a Thunderbird Supercoupe. Off of others dyno test I havnt had mine dynod yet... rough approximation would say 300hp versus the stock 215hp. Its a noticeable increase. The s/c whine is very nice too.
  25. K

First Timer

welcome. this is a great place to learn more about your sport. i dont have many recent photos of my vehicle... i should have some floating around on the site plus heres an ad with some pictures too... http://columbus.craigslist.org/car/563229053.html enjoy your stay... the search button is...
Back