Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. indecloudzUA

01 Sport parting out

need the right gauge faceplate(where the gas and such is)..how much?
  2. indecloudzUA

okay..ive got a fun one..odb port wiring issue..

thanks to the both of you..scucci you were right on the money..17 was blown..for some reason owners manual has #5 as being the dlc..
  3. indecloudzUA

okay..ive got a fun one..odb port wiring issue..

So my "stock" 00 explorer had the check engine light come on the other day while driving to work..so i stop by autozone to see if they can get the code..their scanner wont work..so i stop by oriellys and buy a scanner since i could use one anyways..it doesnt work either..it works on other...
  4. indecloudzUA

anybody from alabama?

im in Tuscaloosa!
  5. indecloudzUA

Anyone in Alabama?

Im in AL and do some trail riding..
  6. indecloudzUA

full spools on 8.8

will do..need to get the southern explorers together for once..
  7. indecloudzUA

full spools on 8.8

hey IZ, you know of any trails in between me and you??would be fun to get a bunch of the southern explorers together if we can for a run this summer..
  8. indecloudzUA

full spools on 8.8

appreciate it..yeah its 4.88's..im prob gonna end up welding them..anyone need a full spool?hehehe..thought the tag was pretty cool and thought i'd leave it up there..
  9. indecloudzUA

full spools on 8.8

yup..got some from last summer..wasnt able to take any pics the last time i went nor have i been able to get in touch with the people i think took pics of me..ill post.. the XJ was my buddy that got me into wheeling but unfortunately passed away in june after a year long battle...
  10. indecloudzUA

full spools on 8.8

nononono..this is not a daily driver..strictly on the trail..
  11. indecloudzUA

full spools on 8.8

ate up the dang powertrac and had a full spool laying around and been thinking of getting that in there as a temp..wanting to put a arb in the rear at some point in the summer hopefully..but was thinking bout putting in the full spool..ive read that you had to have the c-clip eliminators install...
  12. indecloudzUA

The best add-ons for gas mileage..

Whats everyone's two cents on this??i've read al's thread over the years and with the gas prices going nothing but up and my explorers value plummeting i was wondering what are the best add-ons for fuel mileage someone could do on a basically stock 4.0 sohc that has a kkm kit on it..
  13. indecloudzUA

spark plugs..

might be a dumb question..but is there an easy way to access the plugs on the passenger side of the engine..the drivers side was no prob..the passenger side is cluttered with all the a/c components..
  14. indecloudzUA

Oil Pump on a 96 ohv

eww...im gonna have to jack the tranny up a 1/4" an inch..two bolts seem to go into the oil pan from the tranny mount.. :(
  15. indecloudzUA

Oil Pump on a 96 ohv

well..ran into one prob after the next..not a year yet tho..its been down and out since sept ..thought the lifters were goin bad, then the camshaft synchronizer went out(and you know what kinda pain that is.) and after i got that fixed the dang oil pump went out on me..got all the new...
  16. indecloudzUA

Oil Pump on a 96 ohv

has anyone done this before??I havent been able to find a write up and was wondering what i would be getting myself into
  17. indecloudzUA

Engine options

its good..cept for the oil pump was bad, the tie rod was tack welded(broke on the trail), and the synchronizer crappin out due to the oil pump..also broke somethin in the powertrac..havent gotten around to ripping it out tho...might just put a arb in the rear too..
  18. indecloudzUA

Engine options

lol..i watched that today also..thats what kinda started to get me thinkin..i want some more power..351..i will have to read into that some more..and yep, its Jefe's ole rig..
  19. indecloudzUA

Engine options

been trying to do some research on the possible engine options outside of those that come in an explorer stock(sohc, ohv, and the 5.0)..I already have a chevy tranny in the thing so i was tryin to think of some other engines that could fit and wouldnt require to much modification..any...
  20. indecloudzUA

camshaft synchronizer

help!!just got around to getting another synchronizer..as jefe told me, i got the synchronizer for a 96block 123mm and the sensor for an 00..im having a problem getting the synchronizer to go in the whole way..the o-ring is still 1/4" or so away from being properly seated..any clues as to what...
  21. indecloudzUA

Location of Camshaft synchronizer..

does anyone have a alignment tool that i could buy or use?? $40bucks seems a little steep for a tool i will use only once(hopefully)..i'd be willing to put a deposit down and pay shipping on the stipulation that once i send the tool back i'd get the deposit back..
  22. indecloudzUA

yeah i took that retainer off..thanks..im gonna give it a try..
  23. indecloudzUA

ok..i finally got the screw off..is the synchronizer supposed to just pull right out??its not wanting to budge at all..
  24. indecloudzUA

where did you get yours??since this is on a '96 block they should carry it..
Back