Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Need bearing and seal info on 97' AWD front diff.

My '97 just started the same symptoms. Just subscribing to this thread
  2. D

driver door power lock switch.

Yep I had the same problem and I looked in the black barrel in the driver's door and one of the wires had snapped. Just get yourself a little bit of wire and two butt connectors and you should be good to go. To access the wires in the black barrel: first take a flathead screwdriver and pop the...
  3. D

F150 Idling Problems

bump
  4. D

F150 Idling Problems

1991 F150 4x4 302. I bought this truck this past summmer to use as my work truck and it has always had a higher than normal idle. (in park 1500rpm's) Well after doing some research, I finally tried to tackle the problem. Well first I went to the IAC and unplugged the harness from it. Once...
  5. D

Help 1991 F-150 Power Steering!!!

I thought about it, but the fluid is still leaking out and I thought that the JB wouldn't stick, do you know what the name of the part is? My haynes manual doesn't say. Thanks
  6. D

Help 1991 F-150 Power Steering!!!

Hey guys, my work truck 1991 F-150 302 4x4 power steering went out. I have located the leak and am having trouble finding out what the name of the part is: the leak is on the metal line that is coiled up and is connected to the rubber hose on the power steering pump. There is a hole in the...
  7. D

Hood support shocks

Mine from Autozone kept breaking too (had to replace 2 sets) , so I just got a scrap 2x4 and now that is my hood support.
  8. D

Bulldog Install Finished Except For

since I bought it I would like to hook up the lights, do you know which wires go where on the 775? Thanks
  9. D

what about the 775 relay?
  10. D

I have the Remote Starter Bulldog RS85 installed and working properly except for two things: 1. I can't get the factory remote to work 2. I can't figure out the 775 Relay for the parking lights to flash. Anyone have any input? Thanks Once I have these things figure out I am going to post a...
  11. D

Bulldog RS85I & Factory keyless

Has anyone been able to use the factory remote completely with this install? I am doing the install tommorrow and have the 775 and the t-harness on a RS-85. thanks guys
  12. D

Remote start with factory remote?

the bulldog RS85 is one that will work with the factory remote. I plan on doing this very soon. And using the t-harness it should only take an hour or so to do it yourself. Check this thread http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92567
  13. D

Bulldog RS85I & Factory keyless

blee what was the outcome? I am about to do the same install.
  14. D

Power Door Lock Questions

shelby, I am having the same problem with my '97. What exactly is the barrel that you are talking about? Should I start with the big black piece that hooks up underneath my switch where all of the wires for the windows etc.? then work my way through that harness? What do you suggest? Thanks
  15. D

How Much To Repair this

blee, the place you go in MD, are there many ex's there. THe place I go to here in Richmond sucks when it comes to newer vehicles. thanks
  16. D

EGR Problems - Need Help!

rapdes, did you replace the sensor? is that the correct one from autozone?
  17. D

5.0L V8 ticking noise info.

Willie, what was the outcome?
  18. D

Egr valve and tube replaced now what??

Ok guys, so I replaced the egr valve & egr tube. When I fire up the X and while in the in park or neutral and give it gas and rev the engine the engine sounds great. No leaking that I can tell. BUT when it is in gear and I am accelerating, I can still here the freakin leak still on the...
  19. D

Headers On!

Mike, If you don't mind me asking. How much did Jet Hot charge you and what was the turn around time? I just picked up a set of EGR Headers off of ebay and want them coated. thanks
  20. D

From MINI Cooper S to 93 Navajo

Welcome to the site luckyrva. I'm in Richmond too. It looks like from those pics was taken down at Pony Pasture.
  21. D

EGR Valve pipe HELP!!

yeah thats what I did. I saturated it with liquid wrench then used a cheater bar. man that sob was on there. I ran out of day light so I will put everything back together tommorrow. Thanks
  22. D

Header Install Help!!

the damn nuts are frozen to the manifold. they are rusty and I can't get the damn thing off. Any ideas? I am really freaking out because I can't get the damn thing free.
  23. D

EGR Valve pipe HELP!!

how in the hell do you get the bolts free from the manifold and the egr valve. are they normal thread? lefty loosey righty tighty? I can't get the damn thing free from the manifold. I have used everything. liquid wrench etc. this sucks I need to get it off so I can put my new tube on.
  24. D

Header Install Help!!

Ok well I just got a tube from a dealer here. and I bought it for $75. They sure make the replacement ones better than the one that came on my truck. Anyways I am sure Torrie would have been able to give me a better deal, but it is supposed to be 70 here tommorrow and I would rather do it...
  25. D

EGR Valve pipe HELP!!

Yeah I am trying to replace the metal tube too but can't find it anywhere. No one has one.
Back