Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

2015 limited new key fob

I would call around and check with some local locksmith's. I got my spare from a mobile locksmith for $100 and it's an OEM key fob that he cut and programmed. I would only buy from eBay if I could program it myself. You might not be saving money if the dealer has to program it for you. I'm not...
  2. V

SYNC 3 CONVERSION

Sorry I didn't get a notification that you replied to this thread. I just logged on for the first time since I last posted. I'll grab the screen shot of it later today or tomorrow and post it. I can say for sure that your numbers are off when compared to mine. I remember most of my configuration...
  3. V

SYNC 3 CONVERSION

I did the MFT (Sync 2) to Sync 3 conversion on my 14. My steering wheel controls all work. With Sync 3 version 2.3, I could select all of the audio sources using the steering wheel controls through the right dash screen With version 3.0, Everything still works. I just can't select the Bluetooth...
  4. V

SYNC 3 CONVERSION

Is that in the 2014 Explorer that you have listed in your profile? If so, Can you change the audio source by using the steering wheel controls for the right side dash screen change to the Bluetooth Audio Source? Or do you have to use the sync screen to change the source to it? On my 2014...
  5. V

SYNC 3 CONVERSION

What version of Sync 3 are you running?
  6. V

SYNC 3 CONVERSION

The part number I posted is for 2011-2015 Explorers that don’t have the second USB in the center console. 2016 and newer use the one you posted. PlatinumOwner, Yours is a 2016 so you needed that hub because of the second USB port in the console.
  7. V

SYNC 3 CONVERSION

What Version Software are you running on the Sync 3 unit?
  8. V

SYNC 3 CONVERSION

This is the part that I got for mine. You also need the plug to supply power to the new USB hub. It's different from the one you currently have. You need to look at your current plug and USB to match up to the adapter that you'll need. Go to www.4Dtech.com for the adapter. USB Hub...
  9. V

Fishing Rod Holder Ideas

I was thinking about grabbing one of these to be able to carry 1 piece fishing rods inside. I don't want them outside so they don't get weathered, and because of theft/damage...
  10. V

Leak in my fog light housing.

I had the same issue with my 14 Limited. I ended up taking the fog light out and splitting it to reseal the glass to the plastic housing. It's been good since.
  11. V

Anyone make/buy a keyless fob radio transmitter shield?

Even without the battery, if it's hidden near the backup start location, you could start the vehicle. I'm not sure where it is in the 16's, but in my 14 it's in the front wall of the center console. I would hide it in the rear just because it's not in an easy location for someone to find it...
  12. V

2017 Sport Exhaust Mod - Flowmaster Super 10s>>>

I think a glass pack muffler will give more rumble without the rasp. I know magna flow makes a nice system for our explorers. I've always hated flowdisaster mufflers. they have too much drone at highway speeds.
  13. V

Anyone make/buy a keyless fob radio transmitter shield?

You could also put a piece of thin plastic or paper in-between the battery and the contacts to prevent it from making a connection and hide the key fob in the rear of the vehicle. it'll preserve the battery because the fob isn't active, plus hidden in the rear will keep it far away from the...
  14. V

Can I run a 255/65R18 on my XLT?

The 255/60R18 is 1.6% taller than the original tire. The 255/65R18 is 5.1% taller than the original tire. 255/60R18 would be the ideal size to be within the 3% margin. The 3% margin is used to keep close to the original specs so your speedo and other sensors work correctly as intended from...
  15. V

It's not a huge difference. It should work fine. The 255/60R18 is closer to your original size. the 255/65R18 and 255/60R18 specs should be as follows compared to your 245/60R18 245/60R18------255/65R18------255/60R18 20 mph-----------21 mph----------20.3 mph 30 mph-----------31.5...
  16. V

To stay closest to the original tire diameter, you would be better off running a 255/60R18 But that is assuming your 18" wheels can handle a 255 size tire. The explorer sports run a 255/50R20 on an 8" wide wheel
  17. V

12 volts 2014 Ford Explorer

The best way would be to run your own wire from the battery to the rear like stated above. The trailer brake wiring probably won't have the ability to sustain the currant draw that the wheel chair lift will have.
  18. V

Radio Signal Cuts Out

I get great reception in my 14. Sirius radio never cuts out unless I'm under a bridge or in a garage.
  19. V

2016 rear camera / washer housing

The 2016 explorer isn't listed on parts.com yet. It's not listed on a bunch that I checked. Too soon for it i think. EDIT http://WWW.FORDPARTS.COM has 2016 explorer listed, but good luck finding it all. Seems like the parts are spread out through the listings. I managed to find the: rear...
  20. V

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

You shouldn't have to do any programming. They should be picked up quick. The TPMS light never comes on when I switch my wheels out.
  21. V

Need Foglight wiring diagram...

That's what I thought and confirmed with the link that swashawaii posted above. That sucks, oh well it stays the way it is...LoL
  22. V

It's not illegal in MA. The only thing you can get cited you for here is if you drive with your high beams on within the city. I'm not looking for better lighting benefits. What I get out of it is the fog light HID ballasts not switching off and on with a quick turn around. Since it's not...
  23. V

Anyone have access to the 5th gen wiring diagram? I would like to disable the fog lights turning off when the high beams are on function. I've done it to my 99 ranger, 02 explorer, and 04 expedition just by bending 1 tab on the foglight relay, but with all of the electronics in the new...
  24. V

TPMS programming 2011 - 2015

My 14 picked up the new sensors automatically on the new wheels. No tools or programming required. Picked up the original sensors when I put the stock wheels with snow tires back on for the winter and picked up the sensors on the summer wheels again the other day.
Back