Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

My fuel pump died so I purchased this one....

Thanks!:thumbsup::D But now my other concern is my transmission, its starting to slip on 2nd gear and when I reverse but that will be taken care of soon enough. Thanks Tbars for your interest.
  2. C

OK, I have just gotten the Carter fuel pump on there and it works beautifully. Also the full tune up was the best. The only thing I had problem with were the passenger side wheel studs or bolts whatever they are called because they were all worn out (stripped). I found this guy that hooked me...
  3. C

My dumbass bought a 1996 MSD distributor cap it was 65$ im gonna return it ASAP tomorrow morning.:p: Trial & Error. WOW, I was just checking the price for the right one and its over $200 I hope I dont need that.
  4. C

Hopefully I dont have to go through that with the Carter I just bought.
  5. C

No but a buddy of mine told me to pick one up as a part of my tune up I guess I fudged up, but its cool I'll return it tomorrow.
  6. C

Honestly I just bought it without knowing wassup but I can return it.
  7. C

I really dont know if i needed it but, the guy at Kragen said to get it in case the one I have is messed up from wear.:roll: It was pricey too, im gonna return in case I dont need it.
  8. C

My next purchase will be a new steering rack & pinion and ball joints. Im trying to get all the mechanical problems out of the way before my 4 link gets installed. Maybe later on I will trade in my 4Runner for another Explorer so I can get it lifted. I like them low and high.
  9. C

I have just purchased the Carter fuel pump, im so anxious for it to get installed!:D I also bought 6 spark plugs, fuel filter, spark plug wires, 5 quartz of oil, oil filter, Yellow Top Optima battery, so now I have to wait for tomorrow. My truck is at 120,000 miles and I hope it last me forever.
  10. C

O.K. I will go with your advice since you know more about this stuff than I do, plus this pump will be temporary. I just want to get my truck started.
  11. C

I have a mechanic coming buy to fix my truck while im at work, but the only option I have before he gets here tomorrow is Carters and Airtex. What should I get if you know of any other shops let me know. My truck is open for any suggestions.:p:
  12. C

Thanks again.:salute::):thumbsup::us:
  13. C

Thanks IZwack for helping me decide, now I can go to sleep comfortably.:thumbsup: And Tbar, I know its about saving money but whats it worth if it doesnt work out? Better stick to stock. Thanks guys. for helping out.
  14. C

Oh so youre saying I should return it and just buy one from Auto Zone or Pep Boys? Because I had a bad feeling about it, all for trying to save money, geez.:(
  15. C

Should I go pick up the Airtex instead or a Carters? Any other recommendations? Please help my truck is not working.
  16. C

There is this shop called TRE Performance that sells fuel pumps near my house. They sell for 80 on EBAY heres the link... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/255-LPH-FUEL-PUMP-97-03-Ford-Explorer-02-01-00-255lph_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33555QQihZ011QQitemZ320351037941QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW...
  17. C

Any Body Know any Good Body Shops in OC??

Awesome! Autohub came in handy the other day. Thanks a million.:thumbsup:
  18. C

I wish I wasnt such a loner and knew people but ill try and figure something out, if not ill just have to get rid of more than a grand for something simple as this.
  19. C

Thats cool, ive been hittin the phone book but all they say is "we have to look at it." Like they have never seen an ex before. :D Ive been driving all day lookin for a good quote.
  20. C

Ok so I just checked out Southern Auto Body here in Costa Mesa and they are charging me 1400 to Shave the key holes, install rollpan (Grant Kustoms), and antenna hole, Rear T-handle, and number pad on the driverside. Do you guys think its too much or should I go somewhere else?:cool:
  21. C

Looking for Mechanic in Orange County

Hey thanks Eddie ill be looking into this one. Its very close to my house. almost a block away.
  22. C

Alright cool thanks. Ill give them a call, are they open on weekends?
  23. C

My truck is bagged and im looking for someone who knows a mechanic. I need my ball joints replaced, wheel studs or bolts replaced and alignment. Everytime I go to a mechanic they say they wont touch it because of how modified it is. Well if anybody knows a good mechanic for a good price let...
  24. C

I Need You!! Please Help Deciding What Wheels to Get.

I have my trucks pics on other posts, and the wheels were sold a while back I have the stock wheels on there right now they look like crap, lol :popcorn:
  25. C

I Need You!! Please Help Deciding What Wheels to Get.

Yes, im going to upgrade the rotors and the brakes and I was thinking of painting the satin part of the wheel white so it would look 2 toned. Its gonna look nice. I have to get the roll pan done also. Dont you like how the wheels lean? I have some major camber fixing to do and im going to cut...
Back