Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Has anyone actually changed the rear shocks on their SPORT TRAC?

Ratcheting wrenches saved the day for me! Removed the spare tire. Dropped down the driver side charcoal canister, 3 bolts and make sure reconnect any hoses that come off when reassembling. Ratcheting box end wrench on top of cross member, 13mm if original shocks, 10mm if aftermarket replacement...
  2. D

Seat heaters not working / Gas milaage?

No clue on the heated seats. My gas mileage for 03 2WD is 18 mpg.
  3. D

Sudden Engine Stop - scary

You would simply coast. Your steering and brakes will be hard but if you just shift up into neutral and restart you should have no problems. I have had a few old cars that would stall whenever. You don't have to worry about sudden stops.
  4. D

PO457 Again. WTF! 2002 sport trac "check fuel cap" and CEL illuminated.

The evap lines are pretty easy to chase. Drop the spare and look for the hoses coming from the fuel tank and by the filler tube. I found that the tube that connects the two charcoal canisters was routed under the support instead of over the support when I went looking around. Everything is...
  5. D

clunk when pressing gas pedal

I have this same problem in my 03 Sport Trac. I do not have 4WD. I am planning on looking at it this weekend. Did you ever get this solved?
  6. D

clunk when pressing gas pedal

I have this same problem in my 03 Sport Trac. I am planning on looking at it this weekend. Did you ever get this solved?
  7. D

Wrecked my Trac

Ouch! :eek:
  8. D

Clunk in the rear of my 2003 sport trac

Is your hitch ball connected to the receiver? If so try taking it off and see if your sound goes away. Mine always rattles around.
  9. D

Wierd rattle

Check the clip that your throttle cable attaches to at the engine. Try unclipping and turning the clip over. There is a TSB about this.
  10. D

2001 sport trac trans slips in 2nd to 3rd

How did you get stick shift? I want stick shift.........:burnout:
  11. D

Slow Fuel Fill Problem

Double check your hoses. I checked mine once and missed the one that was the problem. Read back through this post and it will give you lots of info on this problem.
  12. D

Slow Fuel Fill Problem

:D I expected that. I couldn't think of any other way to explain it.
  13. D

Slow Fuel Fill Problem

The tube we are talking about is the one on the right near the fuel fill tube. You can see where there used to be a zip tie that I clipped off. This is where the tube enters the fender well splash guard at the top. After you remove the zip ties that hold the three tubes together this will...
  14. D

Slow Fuel Fill Problem

Mine was finally fixed! It ended up being the larger tube that comes up along side the filler tube. Somehow I missed it when I checked the venting hoses before. I clipped the zip strips that hold the tubes together and pulled the tube out from where it elbows up into the fender well. There...
  15. D

Radio and Windows after ignition off

I recently traded my 97 explorer for a 03 Sport Trac XLT. I love alot of the changes, but one thing I miss is on my 97 I had the option of the radio staying on and the window still working after the truck was turned off until a door was opened. My question is if it is possible to have this...
  16. D

Engine Gurgle?

Mine just sounded like it coming from the engine compartment. I couldn't isolate it until I had the help and could look around while it was making the sound.
  17. D

2002 sport trac problems, not sure how to proceed.

For your rattle check the egr sensor on the front drivers side of the engine. It has two vacuum hoses going to it and there is a plug with a couple of wires. I had a rattle that I had a really hard time finding. I ended up starting it up, setting the parking brake, putting it in drive and...
  18. D

Slow Fuel Fill Problem

The purge valve is located under the battery in the 03. If my purge valve is bad should I be getting a CEL?
  19. D

Slow Fuel Fill Problem

Correction! NOT FIXED! My slow fill problem is not fixed as I previously stated. It seems to be intermittent. Sometimes it fills fine and others, like today, I can't get any in at all. It took about about 10 minutes to get 6 gallons showing on the pump and I probably had 1/2 gallon on the...
  20. D

Engine Gurgle?

I haven't noticed any effects on driving.
  21. D

Low Fuel Light

Correction on my post. Mine is the also the check guage light. The '03 ST has a fuel capacity of 22.5 gallons. I assumed that the 01's were the same.
  22. D

Low Fuel Light

My low fuel light comes on when there is less than 2 gallons left in the tank. When I fuel as soon as the light comes on I pump 20 gallons.
  23. D

Slow Fuel Fill Problem

No you don't have to pull the tank to look at the filler tube. It is just below the filler door. It is a large rubber tube that connects between the metal fill tube and the gas tank. I loosened the clamp at the tank side. As far as evap codes, I can't help you there. Mine didn't get the CEL.
  24. D

Engine Gurgle?

Back