Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Transmission failed emissions

Thanks sonic67 I tried that but it didn't help. I passed emissions today so I'm happy. Thanks.
  2. D

Transmission failed emissions

Stock 96 explorer 4.0 4wd has check engine light on. The only code in there is for PO756 "shift solenoid B performance or stuck open". There is a hard shift from 1st to 2nd. Daily driver untill the emissions came due. I dropped the pan and pulled out the solenoid, checked it with a 9v...
  3. D

4R55E Transmission loose parts in the pan

Fluid capacity is 9.9 qts. I topped it off and it runs again. The broken parts are from the od band. Thanks for the help guys.
  4. D

Second gear is missing but it has been like that for as long as I have owned it. I did make sure the shift pin is in the slot. Is it possible the reverse servo is stuck? I heard it shift into reverse one time when I ran through the gears.
  5. D

Hi. Working on my wifes 1996 explorer xlt 4.0 4x4 daily driver with shifting issue. I dropped the trans oil pan to change the fluid and filter. These parts were loose in there. I can't figure out where they go, can't find on the diagram. I swapped the seperator plate gaskets and filter...
  6. D

No Start what did I fry?

Replaced the negative cable and it starts right up. Both cables looked fine but are coroded inside the sheathing. No fuse ever blew. Thanks to everybody who helped. :salute: Remember: Allways disconnect the battery negative terminal before you service anything.
  7. D

No Start what did I fry?

I replaced the positive battery cable. I guess it had a short. Now I get lights and gauges but not untill the key is in the on position. Turn the key to start and everything shuts off.
  8. D

No Start what did I fry?

When I first open the door the dome light will come on very dim then fade out within 1 second. Like there is a short someplace. I cleaned the battery connections with sandpaper. I have power at the starter and the fender solenoid. I should mention the origional starter was fine up to now. I...
  9. D

No Start what did I fry?

OK. The fusable link runs inline to the alternator from the relay. It is OK. What else can I do?
  10. D

No Start what did I fry?

yep. It's on the diagram. I don't see where it is to check it.
  11. D

No Start what did I fry?

Right dead. There is 12v in one terminal on the fender relay. No power on second terminal when I try to start, that's why I replaced it. Still no luck
  12. D

No Start what did I fry?

When replacing the exhaust Y pipe, I neglected to disconnect the battery. oops. When removing this pipe it contacted and shorted out, I think, on the starter main terminal. There were some sparks and the smell of burnt electric. :mad: I disconnected the battery and resumed the exhaust work...
Back