Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

installing husky mud flaps

Any chance you can post a pic? Thanks
  2. I

installing husky mud flaps

Do you have any pics of those mud flaps? I would not trust double sided tape.
  3. I

Parking brake handle is broken.

Metal hook for me too
  4. I

under hood light 2006 Explorer?

I guess it must not have come with one. Would have swore it did have one before the crash. Thanks guys.
  5. I

under hood light 2006 Explorer?

My '06 Explorer Limited got smashed by someone failing to yield at a stop light. It got a new hood. For you '06 owners, is there an under hood light on your rig? Thanks.
  6. I

Navigation stopped talking '06

Thank you!!!!! Got it working again. It is under "feedback" on the menu screen. I tried to find it this weekend and had no luck. I have no idea how it got turned down. Someone must have turned the volume down at the same time the nav was talking. Thanks again. Saved us a big headache.
  7. I

Navigation stopped talking '06

My navigation stopped talking, and won't give me audible directions anymore. The front speakers turn the radio down when it is supposed to talk, but no voice comes through. Anybody else have this problem and what was the fix? I'm out of warranty. Thanks.
  8. I

Daytime running light question.

Had it done on my '06 Limited at the dealer. It is not a fleet vehicle. They hook it up to computer and enable them. Cost $43. Here is another post about it. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192491
  9. I

Disable '08 DRL?

Yes. Dealer plugs it into computer and turns off. Just had DRL's turned on my wife's '06. About $40 to do it.
  10. I

Auto dimming rear view mirror?

For those of you with the auto dimming rear view mirror, does the green light on the front always illuminate to show the mirror is working? I drove the Explorer last night and didn't see the green light on the mirror. The auto dim didn't appear to be working either, but the back window is a...
  11. I

Adding daytime running lights?

Well-weeks later and my dealer is still checking on being able to "enable" the DRL's on the Explorer. They service manager guy who is supposed to know would never call me back and now the normal service guy is checking on it. I told him what you guys did on here, but they don't believe me I guess.
  12. I

I'll have to check with a couple service departments to see if the re-program works on the '06 too.
  13. I

I've been doing some checking with dealers. One thought I could add daytimes by adding the DRL module. The other dealer told me I could not add DRL's without purchasing a kit with a new switch, etc, which they said was not available for an '06. I would be willing to trade, but don't know...
  14. I

Has anybody added daytime running lights to an '06+ Explorer? I've been searching and found a DRL module for around $70. Do I just purchase this and plug it in? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
  15. I

Shifting issues on '06 Mountaineer

Mine goes back in on Monday. TSB didn't stick. When I set up the appt, the service guy immediately told me he would give me a loaner car. Either he has been through this before, or I am in for a long wait for a permanent fix while they try to figure it out. I still can't figure out what...
  16. I

Don't spill soft drink in center console!

I used Qtips and hot water to get into the small spaces. It still sticks during the first drive of the day. My wife just deals with it. I should just replace the whole unit.
  17. I

Shifting issues on '06 Mountaineer

My wife has been complaining about the shifting issues described here. Our '06 goes in to the dealer tomorrow. We'll see what happens. If this is a long drawn out problem, I'm getting rid of it.
  18. I

How Do They Pull Trailers

I have an '06 V8. I pull a 21' Mastercraft with a tandem trailer (roughly 5000 pounds). The Explorer works pretty hard pulling on hills. But it does a fine job if you take it easy and don't expect to win any races. I was going to get a new truck to pull the boat, but the Explorer does the...
  19. I

smelly A/C

When I fire up the new Explorer, the A/C coming out of the vents stinks for about 30 seconds or so. Anybody else have this problem?
  20. I

anyone know how to get rid of "oil change required"?

Thanks guys. I think I got it reset. I can't imagine how the soccer moms would figure that one out.
  21. I

I tried that. It clears the message out and the display turns green again. But the next time I turn the vehicle on, the oil change required display comes on again.
  22. I

2006 Eb V8

Add another to the hesitation list. The same type of issue exists on the F150. A lot of F150 owners fixed the problem by getting an aftermarket tune or programmer. Has something to do with the drive by wire system. And for The CEO, I also have the headliner rattle. I drove two limiteds...
  23. I

´99 Rims on ´06 Eddie

Wow! I thought the wheels looked a little weird on my '06. Yours looks pretty good with the '99 wheels. Improves the stance quite a bit. Now the '99 with the '06 wheels looks goofy. Definitely looks like a dually without the second set of wheels.
  24. I

Everytime I start the Explorer, I get the message "oil change required". I read the manual and set my oil life to 100%. I still get the message in red everytime I start the rig, and I can't view anything else until I push reset. Anyone know how to get the message reset? Thanks.
Back