Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

How-To: Overhead Console Display Fix

I have ordered the part eeu-fr1c121 since the previous item is now obsolete. Fingers crossed that the leaking cap is my only issue!
  2. R

Solved How to change SPARK PLUGS on a 4.6L V-8

When I did my plugs I used a small piece of rubber hose that I sealed up to my shop vac hose to suck out all debris in the plug hole, then I sprayed a bit of stuff similar to pb blaster down the hole. I cracked each plug loose and let set for about 5 minutes. All come out without a problem...
  3. R

New guy here with a bagged 1st gen and lots of pics

Wow, been some time and ran across this thread!! I did sell it pretty cheap, but I think it was fair for the stuff still needing done and later finding out about a few flaws that I didnt even know about. Believe he had to swap out the I-beams as the ones I was sold and had on the X...
  4. R

Show off your LIFTED 1 Gen

Makes me miss mine.. And it was nothing like that.
  5. R

5.0 Exhaust Thread

Lil walk around of the X. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTKjiWEhtc0 Exhaust clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maJ-GsrloKo
  6. R

5.0 Exhaust Thread

I agree. Tekman your sounds alot like mine did only with a single pipe. need to see if i can find mine and post back up on youtube.com.. Here it is!!! Single pipe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maJ-GsrloKo
  7. R

5.0 Exhaust Thread

wow almost to raspy for me... but not to bad of sound.
  8. R

Help with Overhead dvd. RSE rear seat entertainment

Well I am using the stock 6 disc. but not sure if I look if there is a harness to run to a RSE. I have factory sub and a aux button and was reading that if you have the aux that you could hook it up. Guess not sure if there is a harness from above the c pillar that would run to a RSE...
  9. R

Help with Overhead dvd. RSE rear seat entertainment

So I have a limited explorer with sunroof, and I bought a Rear DVD (RSE) and looking to wire it up... Problem is not sure the harness is there. I have the 6 disc indash and wondering where to get wiring harness. I tried wiring it up but I have 2 wires the Corp proto A and B and not sure what...
  10. R

5.0 Exhaust Thread

I say leave cats, and straight pipe all the way back and use a 2.5" or 3" tip... People love mine and sounds killer. Not loud inside either. I sure miss that sound. best exhaust I have ever had.
  11. R

"TURDLE" or " How to mess up a perfectly good truck"

Woot Woot! Pointless without pics! :)
  12. R

'91 Cranks but not firing, no fuel.

BTW if you need a fuel pump, the ebay one I bought has worked great so far and best part it only 34 bucks shipped. If it dies, I will be sure to let everyone know.
  13. R

Woot Woot IT RUNS!!!! Dry pump and seems I did have a few stuck injectors..... My lil air tank and Chemtool trick worked on injectors.
  14. R

Well Tony I was told by several people that it just seemed almost impossible for all injectors to be gummed up to the point of no fuel. I had wondered the same though. So I dumped in some chemtool in the tank and cycled the pump about 20 times. I am game for about anything, but i am...
  15. R

Pump cycles with key. Must be a dry pump.
  16. R

That was my next plan.. I am thinking the dried up seals in the pump are just not producing enough pressure to feed the injectors. Atleast that is what i am hope'n. Just curious on Ideas and if anyone else has had same issues and what they found. Thanks!
  17. R

So my X has been setting for like 2 years, tank out and fuel pump on the dash. Decided to get it back together and drive it. Snag'd up tank and looked inside it, clean, rinsed it out anyway. Put in fuel pump and mounted tank and pump. Put in about 8gal of fresh fuel and and cycled...
  18. R

Yeah I have been watching your truck and build for quite sometime. Had some things in life change my direction and now I can barely stand to see my old ride. Do what you feel is right cause inside your the only one who has to deal with it. Well and the wifes thoughts matter some...
  19. R

Times change... Hard to make some decisions, mine in the garage is to the point I just want to haul it off... Scrap. Hated to sell my '96 damn good running and still a great daily with V8. But money was right and times called for new ride. As for yours make it a daily driver...
  20. R

what gear ratio do you have

Cool glad you got it...
  21. R

I agree with the difference, but NOT the front will pull the rear. The rear will have completed a revolution when the rear drive shaft turns 4.86 and the front will have to turn .02 more revs befor the front makes a full turn. So the rear will be "pushin" the front. Also read that...
  22. R

Hope that is a typo. guess there is not that much difference but still would feel like the rear is pushin the front, or atleast causing a binding.
  23. R

Show off your LIFTED 1 Gen

Just had a buddy buy one here running and driving 2wd auto XLT for 100 bucks. Fine wine? Not sure but to see one that old in great shape is a rare find. Take care of the nice rides!
  24. R

Just take a hammer to the header.... "clearance it" LOL
  25. R

I used fiberglass to patch the hole on my air ride X. As for fans this is what I run on my 5.4L pickup.. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FLX-270/ 5500cfm Not cheap but cold ac all the time and no worries about air flow. And I has variable speed control. Only thing I did...
Back