Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

New Ranger in Canada

2.3 turbo, 270 hp, 310 ft/lbs of torque, mated to a 10 speed tranny.
  2. T

New Ranger in Canada

MSRP was $48,709, Lariat, Sport and tow package, tray floor liners, 18" wheels. I think thats all the options, I didnt order it just grabbed the one that showed up at the lot and was close to my needs. Fortunately, I have X-Plan and a good trade in:thumbsup:
  3. T

New Ranger in Canada

Good to be back at an old haunt here, I couldn't let Stic-o have all the fun down here. After many rangers, explorer and a couple Sport Tracs, Ford stopped making them so I landed in a Frontier. It was a fine truck, but a pig on fuel. Its good to be back in a Ford Anywho, here it is, hoping to...
  4. T

TRUXXX lift kit & Ball Joint FAilure

I had two fail with the truxxx lift, one one a city street and one pulling in my laneway, so no heavy off roading there,but lotsa damage each time, then I got the tubular a-arms. If your going to do the lift and stick with stock ones Id be changing them out every year, once you get the lift...
  5. T

how to change a fuel pump on my 2007 sport Trac

Im afraid I gotta agree with you, if you look at my join date on this board Ive been loyal X owner for years and a Ford guy all my life. My last ST had over 300,000 klicks on it and never left me stranded, but this one was a mistake, just one thing after another. Sorry guys, Ive been loyal...
  6. T

how to change a fuel pump on my 2007 sport Trac

Also se this thread, the FPDM supplies power to the fuel pump so it would appear to be dead. This is a common problem on tracs and f-150,s http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373437
  7. T

FPDM location??

Must use spell check more!
  8. T

FPDM location??

Well that was friggin handy, about 5" of room to work with after you take the spare out and stick you head up in there, two little bolts holding it on only one came off, the other stripped the head(one 5/16 and on 8mm, or maybe just carroded like everything else up there) Nice area to work with...
  9. T

FPDM location??

Got it, on top of frame above spare tire......handy eh!
  10. T

FPDM location??

fordparts not coming up right now
  11. T

FPDM location??

Thanks, still looking. Ive seen the gen.1 diagram, but no help yet. Im really hoping its not on top of the fuel tank.
  12. T

FPDM location??

fuel pump driver module
  13. T

FPDM location??

I cant find the FPDM, the factory manual only lists its as behind the right rear 1/4 pannel trim with a diagram that is obviously on an explorer by the rear lift gate, but no indication of the trac. Ive taken all the obvious panels off but no joy. Thanks, Todd
  14. T

4th Gen - Extended Upper Control Arms with Uni-ball joint

Got mine on the other day, then decided to go back at it today and put the washers in. When I put them on I pushed them all the way back in the adjustment and torqued them to 110 or so to keep them from moving. After eveything is back together and sitting on the ground it appears to still have...
  15. T

Truxxx and upper ball joint failure

Not much these days unfortunately. I drive a lot of gravel roads , but none too rough. Mostly just regular driving conditions. Had the lift in for about 1.5 years before this happened . Ive contacted Brandon and am going to go that way, its that or else Id change the uppers out yearly just as...
  16. T

4th Gen - Extended Upper Control Arms with Uni-ball joint

Uni-ball and foul weather Does any one have these that lives in a northern weather envio.?? Im wondering how you care for the uni-ball, just generally and also during the winter when exposed to snow, salt , sand etc. for months at a time. What lube?, dry, grease, etc. Cheers, Todd
  17. T

Grease fiitings look like a good plan, I kinda got the idea he fixed the bushing thing but will ask when I email him. Thanks, Todd
  18. T

I knew this would be a problem after some reading here and seeing the angle of the upper after the lift, but didnt expect it so soon. 07 sport trac with 120,000 km or so lift has been in for 1.5 years, and Ive lost both uppers with in a month, luckily both at slow speed, but kinda scary none the...
  19. T

ST frame hiders??

I got sick of my running boards chunking up with mud and slush etc. and pulled them off, now from the side view you can see a whole lotta frame hanging down. I can live with this but if there is a option out there I would be interested in how it looked. Anyway, the question are, did any tracs...
  20. T

1st Gen vs 2nd Gen 07 ST

I believe thats what hes looking for, no need for the others to jump all over him. Not everyone knows the lingo:rolleyes: To the OP, I dont know if any of this is for sure, but alot of early 07,s didnt have the roll down rear window and there is also something about them not having door...
  21. T

Larger tires on OEM rims

I have 265/70/18 Grabbers on mine, I do have the truxxx lift though and still had to massage the rear inner fender plastic t ostop rubbing, there is also a slight amount of rub at full lock on lower A arm.
  22. T

New Shoes for my ST

very nice!:thumbsup:
  23. T

pics of 265 65 18's on ST please ???

Are you thinking of a lift??, I have the 265/70/18 with the truxxx lift, they are 1" taller but the same width as you propose, so I would agree you might have some rubbing as well.
Back