Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Sad to see it go, but it's time. Trans solutions to ready for sale?

I guess I can be bought, I though this was somethign I wanted to do myself but I just don't have the time or desire right now. I took the x in this AM to get the trans should have it back by Friday or so.
  2. B

Lowered the quote to 12-1500 depending on hard parts needed. Said he's able to do it by reducing the 12 month warrenty to 6.
  3. B

A4LD Low/Reverse Servo Extender

Thanks for the reply. I ordered one and a filter and some gaskets. I just talked to the trans shop, they said it's leaking pressure somewhere inside and he recomends a rebuild. He also noted the extended servo is an upgrade they usually do to the A4LD's when they do the rebuild. Still...
  4. B

A4LD Low/Reverse Servo Extender

Not to dig up the dead but this little piece may be the little fix my X needs to get it sold. Has anyone had any experience with it?
  5. B

Just called the Trans shop, I took it in early Monday, said it needs a rebuild and they quote 17-1800. So I'm going to pick it up and rebuild myself. I'll keep youall posted. Looks like I'll be hitting up several of the re-build threads quite often here soon!
  6. B

Well, after over 11 years and 120,000 miles it's time for a new daily driver. My X has 148,000 on it, havn't replaced much over the years. She's done me well, but it's time to move on. Lately the trans is slipping when cold, what's the best way to correct this without a full rebiuld, or is...
  7. B

A4LD slips when cold

When everything is cold, I don't think the pump is producing enough pressure to get the fluid through the valve body to engage the clutches or whatever for 1st gear. I don't know if that would be because the fluid is to thick when it's cold or if pump seals shrink up and allow the pump to...
  8. B

ignition key - whacked out lock alignment

Mine has been like this for 3 or 4 years, just got used to it.
  9. B

A4LD slips when cold

I added a 1/2 quart this weekend and it's doing alot better. Sub Freezing temps last couple of days and this morning I pulled right out of the drive way with NO warm up at all :) I do plan on having it flushed soon.
  10. B

chilton or haynes

I have both...
  11. B

After 5 years sitting in the garage, I took the Z for a SPIN!

Yeah, that was a temp overflow can :)
  12. B

Thanks for the comments guys, this has been a real labor of love and education! Took her out last weekend and pushed the retaining ring off that holds 5th, guess it's got a bit of torque. Going to attempt to drop the trans this weekend w/ out pulling the motor, dunno how that will go, but it's...
  13. B

A4LD slips when cold

Any update greydawg? I've been having simular issues, checked level and adjusted to temporarily correct the problem. I've got 145K on mine, and have done nothing to it other than a new filter and flush at around 60K. I guess it wouldn't hurt to have that done again.
  14. B

What tool to use to take differential plug out?

Or you could use a syphon pump and hose.
  15. B

Hello from Oklahoma

Welcom! Where in OK are you?
  16. B

I don't post a whole lot here but I try to keep up w/ what's going on at least weekly. I doubt my car will be competitive in any class for any type of event, but it's more of a fun-to-drive car than a race car. As noted below, i'll try to post recent pics and video soon. Maybe by this...
  17. B

Squealing noise while driving!

I have a simular sound, but i'm pretty sure it's been with the truck since I've had it (12 years). Whenever it's cold, it sounds like a belt but i don't think that's what it is. I suspect cold bearings in the alt or water pump, but it almost always goes away as soon as you put it gear and...
  18. B

Hole in my sub

I had the factory JBL sub fixed a couple years back, cost me like 35 bucks.
  19. B

Sounds like I have mud tires on!

It's the wheel bearings, pull them and you'll see them starting to change color due to friction/heat. I had the same noise, ended up only being one side but replaced and the noise is now gone.
  20. B

Did you guys See This SALEEN EXPLORER?!

I'd drive it. Maybe not for 13K. Wish it was a standard, and had the supercharger though :(
  21. B

Boom

Did the truck start up then the BANG happened? I am totally guessing here but maybe ice formed and some how sealed all the vent holes in the air box. The engine ran just long enough to create a large vacume, and the box was fragile enough due to the cold that it imploded? WIERD.
  22. B

Anyone drilled there own rotors?

The issue w/ drilling your rotors is that you are 'de-stressing' the rotor. When you cut cast metal (any metal acutally), you releive stresses that are build up durring casting. What can happen is that the relief from all the holes you drilled compound upon eachother and changes the shape of...
  23. B

Treadepot.com FREE SHIPPING until midnight 11-30-07

Thanks, pretty good selection! I noticed they are a bit limited on in stock selection though :( And they don't have the COOPER ST's I've been looking for.
  24. B

remove the center console

not sure, but i bet you need to take the top pieces off before you can get the whole thing out. Look for screws around the cup holder and in the bottom of the storage bins. Be a bit adventurous but take your time and you'll have it out in no time. Might check around the base for screws as well.
Back