Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

tachometer signal

yeah..... that's how I used to get my old Toyota camry instrument panel to light up when it decided it didn't want to. This time I'm going for a different approach. But I'll keep that in mind as a last resort.
  2. B

tachometer signal

I am trying to figure out what the tachometer signal should look like on a 96 explorer 5.0. I'm measuring the signal at the datalink connector under the hood, and on a scope I read a square wave of about 0.8Vp @ 63Hz with a 50% duty cycle when the engine is at idle. As I reved it up a little...
  3. B

Cam install

Not too tuff at all. If you have a service manual it should guide you through the process pretty good. It helps to read through it and figure out all of the things you will need like gaskets or special tools. I think that the only extra thing that I needed was a special tool for camshaft...
  4. B

options for PCM tuning

oh, that's right. I hadn't thought about the ability to data log with the ExCal2. That would be another advantage of using it.
  5. B

displaying signature

I see my sig now too. Didn't do a thing but it shows up.. maybe it just took a while. Yes I made the intake tube. I had to get the filter where I wanted it so I just made the tube myself. But the truck is not finished yet and has not gone through the smog ref here in Cali so I may have to get...
  6. B

displaying signature

How do I get my signature to display in my posts? I edited my signature to say what I want it to but nothing shows up in my posts. Do I have to turn it on somewhere?
  7. B

options for PCM tuning

I have a question about the different options that I have for making a change to my PCM and doing some tuning. I have an engine swap project that I am putting the finishing touches on. I have a 94 ranger engine swap project where I used basically a '96 explorer V8. I installed the E303 cam...
  8. B

Flowmaster on a V8 explorer

I don't think that it would be legal to use 2 mufflers here in California. I think that if the explorer came with one muffler you have to use one muffler. If I'm wrong on that somebody let me know. It might open up more possibilities.
  9. B

Flowmaster on a V8 explorer

I have a question for you guys running a flowmaster on your V8 explorer. Which muffler are you using? I am pretty sure that some are using a single (2 in) / (1 out) muffler instead of the duals with single in / single out. I am looking at the 40 series delta flow but I don't see a muffler with 2...
  10. B

410 fortune - 5.0L EFI 4R70W drivertrain conversion

Now I'm positive they were separate. I just didn't realize that the wiring connector for the fuel pump had a little three-wire pigtail that goes over to where the pressure transducer is mounted in the tank. Someone else sent me a picture of the explorer pump. After seeing your pictures it all...
  11. B

410 fortune - 5.0L EFI 4R70W drivertrain conversion

Man, you're my new best friend for posting those pics of the explorer tank and pressure transducer. I'm building a 2wd 94 x-cab ranger with the explorer V8 and I'm using the '97 engine harness and computer. Almost the same thing you did but in a ranger. Before I saw that picture I thought the...
  12. B

explorer exhaust

Can anybody tell me what the stock 5.0L explorer exhaust system looks like? I'm wondering about things like pipe diameter, number of catalytic converters used, and where the 4 oxygen sensors are mounted in relation to the catalytic converters. Of the 4 heated O2 sensors that the explorer has I...
Back