Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Paint Headlight Black??

I painted my headlights silver on the inside to match my X's exterior. I baked the headlights and then used a paint gun to spray it. Turned out great. You can see my pics in this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183506
  2. A

New pics....lowered, 20's, aviator mirrors, etc...

Sorry guys....not on here much anymore. The mirrors were bought from a friend. I'll see if I can get some close ups of the tail lights for you.
  3. A

Lowering Springs for 2005 XLT 4x4?

Here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183506
  4. A

performance struts

I have Rancho's on mine, they are ok. Wanted Bilsteins.....but not available for 3rd gens.
  5. A

I am currently back up to stock height. The ride quality was horrible lowered.....looking to do something custom to bring it back down.
  6. A

Leveling Kit for AWD Limited?

It's about a 6 hour job....I've done it twice. I'm lowered with ground force springs. You will need a spring compressor to complete the job....you can rent one from Autozone. And yes, you will need an alignment when finished
  7. A

i'm having trouble installing lower billet grille

I also had to modify mine some....I also used spacers to step it out even with the bumper....it was originally to sit back in there, didn't like that look. Keep playing with it....you'll get it. I think I drilled some new holes in the pieces behind the grill
  8. A

Brakes?

I'm running the R1 Concpets cross drilled and slotted rotors. I love them! They have been one of the better upgrades I have done. Have had them on for about 25K miles and they are still going strong with plenty of pad BTW...don't tighten them down too much....don't want to break it off
  9. A

Bi-xenon HID's?

Huh?? The high beam uses a completely seperate bulb so there is no need for the Bi-Xenon kits on the 3rd gen. The low beam uses a 9006 and the high is 9005
  10. A

supercharger is installed!!!

Very nice!
  11. A

Exhaust clip

I just went with a single. I put a Y pipe on it near the end to get the dual look.....I just didn't want the expense of true duals.
  12. A

Exhaust clip

Flowmaster 40 series
  13. A

Exhaust clip

People have been asking me for an exhaust clip.....so here you go! Also is a video of me driving....thought people would like to see how crappy the ride is when its lowered. http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/asimp80/?action=view&current=009.flv...
  14. A

Brake Rotors & Brake Pads - replacement ?'s

I have R1 Concepts cross drilled/slotted rotors off Ebay. He is also a vendor on this website. Very good rotors and pads and excellent customer service. You can't go wrong with these guys
  15. A

The mirrors were already the color I needed. And yes, I used the Aviator harness for the wiring. As far as tapping into the turn signal.....It took some patience and a test light until I finally found the wire I needed. Good luck
  16. A

Bulldog Remote Starter Installed!

What kind of distance are you getting out of it?
  17. A

my xls... with couple pics

Those blue bulbs in there are a little ricey. Get an HID kit.
  18. A

Just Ordered...

Where did you get the shocks and how much? I've been debating on those shocks, just trying to find the cheapest supplier. Thanks.
  19. A

turn signal mirrors

It wouldn't be hard......just some re-wiring.
  20. A

Camber is WAY off, which kit?

They also make adjustable ones.....a local shop should be able to get them for you
  21. A

Camber is WAY off, which kit?

Just go with the ignalls (sp?) kit. It worked fine for me
  22. A

Ideas for my 02 XLT

Whatever mods you do......keep a theme going. Wether you want a street look or an off-road look. Don't just buy crap off ebay and stick it on.....that is tacky. I do highly recommend getting clear corner lights to get rid of the amber......it makes a HUGE difference. Billet grills also...
  23. A

guys with drops

You will need camber adjusters
  24. A

clear corners

If you want to go with the best look......a guy on the "other" explorer forums can get them for around $130 a set or so. It is a true OEM clear corner that they use on Exports......like Australia and such. It is what I have and looks better than the Ebay one. I have had both sets and these...
Back